2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck again to Daisuke, Brian, Tomas and Jeremy!!! :yay::party: (soooo sad that Evgeni is not here...:cry:)

They are the ones who did make me fall in figure skating again, along with Stephane, Jeff, Johnny and Evan, and I have been rooting for them for 10 years till today. I do not want them to retire, forever, but it seems the day has come finally. Figure Skating won't be the same without them for me...;;;;;;;; I don't think I can watch tonight's free skate without crying, honestly.

I should be rather grateful, however, since they decided to continue their competitive career even after Vancouver (though they knew it wasn't an easy road to ride at all) and gave us another wonderful 4 years of time to enjoy figure skating and many memorable performances full of their personality.
With much love, gratitude and admiration from my heart I will stay up all night to watch these wonderful boys to skate their very last Free skate at the Olympic Games, cheer for them, and I will try hard not to miss any moments of every single performance of theirs tonight.

:party2: Goooo Dai, Brian, Tomas aaand Jeremy! Go all out! Skate with all of your heart. Just for youself and for your love for skating!!! :party2:

TMC

Record Breaker
There isn't enough valium in the world for me to handle that. And I'm not even the one skating.

I know exactly what you mean. At the same time, I'm thinking to myself "they can go out there and _do_ that, and you can't even watch??!!"

Yesterday, I had to read the comments here before I could watch because I was so nervous.

I hate myself :slink:

elif

Medalist

elif

Medalist
I hope Hanyu makes his 4S.

If Chan goes clean like the GPF and Hanyu falls again on his 4S but still wins, I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do for my coworkers and friends. :p

Just say he has more difficult jumps,several of them are in second half too. Don't worry nobody going to question a skater If his technical points are still better than second place skater, even with a fall. When you are only winning with PCS, thats problem.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I know exactly what you mean. At the same time, I'm thinking to myself "they can go out there and _do_ that, and you can't even watch??!!"

Yesterday, I had to read the comments here before I could watch because I was so nervous.

I hate myself :slink:

Aw, don't hate yourself. I know the feeling. It is hard to be so emotionally invested in something. A moment that only arrives every 4 years, it is hard to stay calm, even for us fans.

TMC

Record Breaker
Aw, don't hate yourself. I know the feeling. It is hard to be so emotionally invested in something. A moment that only arrives every 4 years, it is hard to stay calm, even for us fans.

Thanks :) (I still haven't been able to watch Jeremy's SP. I only need to read about it and I'm already bawlin. I think I'll give it a month or so)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Just say he has more difficult jumps,several of them are in second half too. Don't worry nobody going to question a skater If his technical points are still better than second place skater, even with a fall. When you are only winning with PCS, thats problem.

Yeah but they're going to see it as "but that guy fell and the other didnt, and that guy did two quads and the other guy only did 1". Oh well, I'll have to painstakingly explain to them how the system works, then. :laugh:

I don't think that's going to happen though, because both guys will skate clean (I hope! :biggrin:) and I'll just say Hanyu had two triple axels and two different quads so he was able to rack up more points.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is hard to be so emotionally invested in something. A moment that only arrives every 4 years, it is hard to stay calm, even for us fans.

Yeah, I could never be a competitive skater. I have hardly slept these last couple of days because of the anxiety and anticipation of how my favorite skaters will do. I don't think any of us will ever fully know or understand just how tough all of them are for even stepping out on that ice and training every day for an Olympic dream that is so fleeting.

elif

Medalist
Yeah but they're going to see it as "but that guy fell and the other didnt, and that guy did two quads and the other guy only did 1". Oh well, I'll have to painstakingly explain to them how the system works, then. :laugh:

Just think yourself trying to explain ''that guy fell 2 times, this guy skated very good, why he didn't win'' (PCS) :laugh: Trust me, this is much more harder than explain maths of figure skating.:laugh: You have to just say ''his base value a lot of higher than this guy'' or you can say ''4S with a fall still going to get 7.50, because its quad, you know its a big jump'';)

Hanyu knows he only had to rotate that quad. He got 102 TES in GPF with a fall (still 5 point higher than Chan) This is excellent program layout from Orser. :clap:

deedee1

Record Breaker
re battle for bronze medal: my last-minute-wish ;) to the skating gods is, if not Daisuke, then Brian to win it! :bow:
Brian deserves an Olympic medal, I believe, more than anyone else here, considering all his great accomplishment in the last 10+ years along with Evgeni! :yes: Goo Brian!!! :yay:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
re battle for bronze medal: my last-minute-wish ;) to the skating gods is, if not Daisuke, then Brian to win it! :bow:
Brian deserves an Olympic medal, I believe, more than anyone else here, considering all his great accomplishment in the last 10+ years along with Evgeni! :yes: Goo Brian!!! :yay:

So true. If Daisuke won't make it, I want Brian or Javier to do it. :)

Just 20 minutes to go! I hope Yuzuru won't collapse after the free. I have a feeling he has his exhaustion/asthma under control now, but he still was drenched in sweat after the short.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I am outside arena and many people have one Japanese one Russian flower at their cheek, I ll do it too!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmm, been looking through the streaming schedules and can't find one yet for the Men's LP. If anyone can find a working one--especially the BBC one (I need my Robin Cousins' fix!), please post the link. Thank you!

Here's hoping all the men skate clean and let the chips fall where they may.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I had to write this, cause thus us my lucky day! I don't know if anyone is in Sochi but i have one ticket for the men to give for free! On my way to Oly train I met two girls, fr Serbia and Mexico who were here for Plush, I know it doesn't sound good but the Serbian girl won't be going and gave me her A category for free (!!! Imagine my reaction) so I wish someone is here and wants to see men's free on my seat!!!
I m flying!!

Sweet!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch anything live yesterday, but now here I am, sorted for tea and snacks, and I am already a nervous, emotional mess! I hope I can make it through.