2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

dress

On the Ice
Martin is training in broken ice in the Philippines. He can not effort more than 2 months training x year, No money to pay the coach. No money no sponsors in the Philippines.
His coach the rest of the year is his mother ... she is learning from videos.

He is such a talent!
Give him a choreographer give him the chances that others competitors here have.
Givi him a coach skate ring to train.

He is an angel :)

This is determination and hard work. I hope someone will see him because of the olympics and help him to get more training

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Canada is a winter sport nation. Even the curling arenas were full LOL. I don't like to see images of sochi. It looks like a nice place, but it doesn't look like winter olympics at all. There are palm trees in the streets!!!
Where I am, it's snowing a lot today. I can't get my car out of the driveway.

russia is a winter sport nation too. i think the difference is that vancouver was a big, widely populated city and sochi is pretty remote and hard to get to. i think (hope?) it would be different crowd-wise if it were hold in moscow and st petersburg or something

ballerynna

Rinkside
If you guys are putting up a Kickstarter for MCM, I know the Philippine media will be very interested. I'm a reporter (well I used to be a reporter in the Philippines, now I'm a grad student studying journalism in New York) and I would love to let everyone back home know where they can give their support for him

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
russia is a winter sport nation too. i think the difference is that vancouver was a big, widely populated city and sochi is pretty remote and hard to get to. i think (hope?) it would be different crowd-wise if it were hold in moscow and st petersburg or something

it is not remote, it has 300,000+ population
while Russia is a sport nation too, only 3 are very popular, Hockey, Figure Skating and Biathlon

emma

Record Breaker
I'm on the Martinez fan-wagon! So amazing what he has accomplished with such difficult circumstances. I really hope his training and support intensify as a result of this exposure!!!

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice

Yeah if you look at the last few Olympics (London, Vancouver, Beijing, Turino, Athens, Salt Lake, Sydney), ALL were in big cities or very accessible (like Turino, not hard to get to from anywhere in Europe). If these games were in Moscow or St. Petersburg, people from all over Europe would come, and locals would be out in full force. Sochi is also very small so it's not like there's a huge base for ticket sales. I was living in London during the 2012 games and I went to see HANDBALL of all things because that was the only thing I could get tickets to. And it. was. awesome.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
because Hanyu is loved in Russia
while Chan isn't. this is a fact

just as V/M isnt liked compared to D/W

You need to check your so-called "facts :rofl:."
The truth is that Virtue/Moir have a very active fan base in Russia -- including some who travel outside of Russia to see V/M compete.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Well, I see there are a lot of people (not only on this forum) who can't stand Chan, Plushenko, Julia, Mao, S/S, V/M, I/K... and the list can continue. But I didn't see anyone hating Yuzuru. Of course some people don't support him because it's just a matter of taste, but they don't hate him.

dress

On the Ice

I Just don't understand the choice of Sochi. I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful cities in Russia which would be more appropriate for winter olympics. Today, it's 13c at sochi. It looks like spring

Dutchie

Rinkside
What was the point of even building an arena that size if the top half wasn't going to be used? I could imagine training my whole life for this moment to have it empty like that. What a shame.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Abzal Rakimgaliev KAZ.... FS = 110.22
Total = 174.40
Into 4th

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
I'm on the Martinez fan-wagon! So amazing what he has accomplished with such difficult circumstances. I really hope his training and support intensify as a result of this exposure!!!

You can read more about Michael Christian Martinez (MCM) here:
They have so many problems with lack of money in the Philippines.
He must take care and think of so many other things he can't think of skating only.
Her is even considering retiring.

You can read more about Michael Christian Martinez here:
http://www.catholicregister.org/news...urns-to-prayer

Michael Christian Martinez Kababayan Today (TV program Philippines)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBxuIHA1jM

wallylutz

Medalist
some facts to know with the men's FS:

Yuzuru Hanyu is the overwhelming favorite of the crowd
not just because of the japan/russia flag

Russia is Yuzu's second home

* first GP Gold - Cup of Russia
* first GPF medal - in Rusia

:rolleye:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010967.htm

Home town: Toronto CAN, Sendai

Too bad we have ISU records to clear up this non-sense.

Patrick Chan won TEB in Paris multiple times, including a World Championship in Nice. Heck, he even speaks French but that doesn't suddenly make France his 2nd home. :rolleye:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I Just don't understand the choice of Sochi. I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful cities in Russia which would be more appropriate for winter olympics. Today, it's 13c at sochi. It looks like spring

Kraynoyarsk,
Khanti-Mansi
Kamchatka

thats like remote Siberia and the Far East
Russia has abundance of snow but mountains not so much
only in the shouth, urals and far east