Lipnitskaya, Asada, and Kim: Who is most likely to get the gold? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaya, Asada, and Kim: Who is most likely to get the gold?

Ophelia

Record Breaker
sky_fly, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a personal acquaintance of Gracie's by the way you project such delusions of grandeur onto her.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sky_fly, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a personal acquaintance of Gracie's by the way you project such delusions of grandeur onto her.

:confused:

Gracie has the big skills to get into the podium if clean like the others, nothing grandeur about that
speed, power, big jumps, body type and hollywood like looks Gracie has it like Kim Yuna

Ven

Match Penalty
Gracie looks better off the ice imo. I don't like her packaging or lumbering skating at all.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie looks better off the ice imo. I don't like her packaging or lumbering skating at all.

blonde hair, Grace Kelly dead ringer, miss usa like smile, the quintessential american sweetheart packaging
she is an endorsements dream come true, she will get tons of commercials and air time for sure :)
maybe an IMG contract ?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Whether she medals or not this year, I think Gold has a big next 4 years ahead of her. I have said it before, but I think she will also equal Kwan's run of 9 U.S titles, but in her case they will be all in a row, which even Kwan didnt manage.

you mean 4 consecutive titles Kwan has never won ?
I also think she can equal/surpass Kwan's achievements in the future

Gracie Gold already has an IMG contract. :)

But she looks nothing like Grace Kelly (except in the sense that all blondes look alike ;) ). At this very moment Grace Kelly is rising from the grave to come and haunt you for saying that. :yes:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whether she medals or not this year, I think Gold has a big next 4 years ahead of her. I have said it before, but I think she will also equal Kwan's run of 9 U.S titles, but in her case they will be all in a row, which even Kwan didnt manage.

I think she will win 12 in a row. She'll only be 30 by the end of her run, right? Or maybe 15.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie Gold already has an IMG contract. :)

But she looks nothing like Grace Kelly (except in the sense that all blondes look alike ;) ). At this very moment Grace Kelly is rising from the grave to come and haunt you for saying that. :yes:

an IMG contract already, nice :yes:
its the biggest modeling agency I think in NY and the World

I do think Gracie Gold looks like a Hollywood actress
her eyes remind me of Grace Kelly. Gracie's look is very unique that you can help but look at her

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No, she won 8 consecutive titles.

4 consecutive nationals I think Gracie can do
I don't see anyone challenging her nationally, by then she will be a World medalist also

although post 2018 we might see the likes of Karen Chen, Polina E., Amber etc move up into the ranks

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4 consecutive nationals I think Gracie can do
I don't see anyone challenging her nationally, by then she will be a World medalist also

although post 2018 we might see the likes of Karen Chen, Polina E., Amber etc move up into the ranks

Yikes! I'm agreeing with something sky_fly20 says! Certainly Gracie could get four consecutive titles. I think she could even get a world medal this year. And certainly by 2018, there will be other, younger skaters who will challenge her.

you mean 4 consecutive titles Kwan has never won ?
I also think she can equal/surpass Kwan's achievements in the future

Michelle Kwan (Pell :) ) won 8 consecutive U.S. titles and 9 overall. The last (and only other) person to win 9 U.S. titles (6 consecutive) was Maribel Vinson (Owen) in the 1930s. Michelle won five world championships. The last to do that (of any nationality) was Carol Heiss (Jenkins) in the 1950s.

Well, go Gracie. But please...

Layfan

Record Breaker
It's actually kind of interesting to imagine Gold's potential as a world champion though. I mean if a whole bunch of people retire...Kim, Asada, Kostner, Suzuki.. Gracie would be right up there in the gold medal hunt, along with Yulia and Adelina.

vegarin

On the Ice
Michelle Kwan (Pell :) ) won 8 consecutive U.S. titles and 9 overall. The last (and only other) person to win 9 U.S. titles (6 consecutive) was Maribel Vinson (Owen) in the 1930s. Michelle won five world championships. The last to do that (of any nationality) was Carol Heiss (Jenkins) in the 1950s.

I love Gracie and I can see her becoming consecutive US Champion perhaps, and maybe a World Champion in a near future, but I agree, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't see anyone, of any nationality, beating Michelle's five world championship records any time soon in the future. I mean, that record is combination of what Yuna, Mao, and Caro have together, and they were three most dominant skaters in the last decade and couldn't go anywhere near Michelle's record on that. (Let's not talk about Olympics.)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
OMG, WHY IS NOBODY THINKING IT'LL BE GRACIE GOLD! SHE'S SO BLONDE! SO MUCH BLONDER THAN JULIA/MAO/YU NA! HER BLONDE HOLLYWOOD-ESQUE LOOKS WILL GET HER 160+ POINTS! I AM SURE OF IT. (OH, AND SHE'LL BE DOING SO MANY MOVIES AFTERWARDS BECAUSE OF HER BLONDE, HOLLYWOOD LOOKS, BTW.) DID I MENTION HOW BEAUTIFULLY BLONDE SHE IS?

:laugh: I think it'll be Kim, but Julia has a shot on Russian ice.

I can sense your sarcasm but I do believe Gold has the potential to dominate U.S ladies skating until 2022 potentially, especialy as the U.S doesnt even have much depth anymore so it is easier to do than before

Eight years ago no one had heard of Gracie Gold. In 2022 the U.S. champion will be someone that we have never heard of.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I can sense your sarcasm but I do believe Gold has the potential to dominate U.S ladies skating until 2022 potentially, especialy as the U.S doesnt even have much depth anymore so it is easier to do than before. Whether she fulfills that potential or not, is anyones guess. On the World stage she probably wont ever reach the achievements of someone like Kwan (but then again Kwan didnt face a horde of Asian powerhouses or half as deep a field as Gold is and will continue to have to), but she could put the U.S back on the map again, in a bigger way than say Wagner will ever be able to.

agreed, Gracie is the most complete skater post 2014, she has everything to become a multiple World Champion
and she can indeed put the US Ladies back on the map, it doesn't hurt that she is facially beautiful too
the judges and media seem to really love Gracie

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Eight years ago no one had heard of Gracie Gold. In 2022 the U.S. champion will be someone that we have never heard of.

I agree 2022, seems too much
but until 2018, I think we will be seeing a 4 year domination of "the Golden Era" ;)

WinterLily

Rinkside
I really like Gracie but sky_fly's comments really sound weird :S I don't think the color of her hair really affects her scores or her performances:)

OMG, WHY IS NOBODY THINKING IT'LL BE GRACIE GOLD! SHE'S SO BLONDE! SO MUCH BLONDER THAN JULIA/MAO/YU NA! HER BLONDE HOLLYWOOD-ESQUE LOOKS WILL GET HER 160+ POINTS! I AM SURE OF IT. (OH, AND SHE'LL BE DOING SO MANY MOVIES AFTERWARDS BECAUSE OF HER BLONDE, HOLLYWOOD LOOKS, BTW.) DID I MENTION HOW BEAUTIFULLY BLONDE SHE IS?

:laugh: I think it'll be Kim, but Julia has a shot on Russian ice.