Who pays the rent for the practice rink? | Golden Skate

Who pays the rent for the practice rink?

Andre Smith

Match Penalty
The players or their government?
I wonder...

I understand who pays might be different across countries.
What about the U.S. team? And Japan?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The players or their government?
I wonder...

I understand who pays might be different across countries.
What about the U.S. team? And Japan?

"Who pays the rent for the practice rink?"

Do you mean during the Olympics? Or throughout the year when the skaters are at their individual training bases?

During the Games, my hunch is that the federations foot the bill. Just my hunch.

In Vancouver, Virtue/Moir got special dispensation for Davis/White to train on Skate Canada's ice, presumably so that both couples would have better access to Shpilband and Zoueva -- instead of the coaches wasting time traveling back and forth btwn potentially far-flung rinks.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think anyone pays a fee for official practices in the rinks...

additional practice times in a different rink, though, is on the skater/federation AFAIK.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
During the Games, my hunch is that the federations foot the bill. Just my hunch.

In Vancouver, Virtue/Moir got special dispensation for Davis/White to train on Skate Canada's ice, presumably so that both couples would have better access to Shpilband and Zoueva -- instead of the coaches wasting time traveling back and forth btwn potentially far-flung rinks.

I don't think anyone pays a fee for official practices in the rinks...

additional practice times in a different rink, though, is on the skater/federation AFAIK.

Agree with what Toni said. :agree:

(I assumed that the question was not about official practices, but about outside ice during the Games.)