Ladies Short - Notes & Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Elena Sokolova RUS Start # 28
Ordinals 7 7 9 10 12 12 13 14 15 Currently S 12 Overall 9
Strange Paradise in red or hot pink & black
3z2t turnout on one foot on toe / 3f fell long time getting up / flycam is fast with good pos illusion out of it / spirals are pretty good - I’m running out of ways to describe spirals that are fine but not spectacular J / 2a hung on to landing / combo spin is quite good got a bit slow / O ftwrk goes well with the driving beat / layback spin has very nice back – leg pos could be better /

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Rosaleen, you are faster than the ISU site with your results. This is great. Thank you very much for doing this!!! Its keeping me busy on my last day of work when I have nothing to do. I just keep hitting refresh.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Sasha Cohen USA Start # 29
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 Currently S 1 Overall 1
Malaguena
3z2t flutz badly / ftwrk 3f / flycam – didn’t see it but know how she usually does it people around me say that she travelled and didn’t really fly / 2a / layback is very good / spirals have the huge amplitude we all know / strt steps are good & fast / combo spin to end is very good fast & centered with good pos / she interprets the music quite well – has the right ‘attitude’.

gellio

Rinkside
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Thanx Rosaleen so much for taking the time to give us the rundowns. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!! Sasha skated great - two programs in a row - finally. She needs to bring it tomorrow night!

Jill

On the Ice
Can't wait to see this on TV tonight! What a competition; it sounds like a lot of great skating!

gellio

Rinkside
I'm so happy. I got so nervous when I saw how well Arakawa and Ando (and Michelle for that matter) did that I was worried for Sasha. Oh, tomorrow should sure be a showdown. Wonder if Ando will attempt the Quad.....if she nails it, it would boost her medal chances, but if she botched it, it would likely kill them. Going to be interesting tomorrow.

blurrysarah

On the Ice
Good lord, I've never been so nervous for anyone as I was for Sasha a few minutes ago. I'm happy to see her skate cleanly and I'm even happier about her placement. Crossing my fingers she can do it again for the LP!

not having been there, who knows. But I'm surprised that MK was placed below the 2 japanese girls who had serious 3-3 combos, but then sasha was placed ahead of them w/just a 3-2 combo.

What short did MK do? last years?

Maybe she'll go for broke in the freeskate and try a 3sal-3toe? I would at this point if I were her.

Way to go sasha!!!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Michelle was definitely robbed. The judging here is so bad.

Shizuka and Miki both had underrotated 3/3s, and worse jump landings than MK. Not to mention Shizuka was a revolution short in her flying camel.

It seems they really want Kwan to quit.

box

Spectator
What di Sebastyen get?

What place is Julia Sebastyen in? (She was the only one scheduled to skate after Sasha, right?)

Way to go Sasha!!!!!!!!