2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

Eloise

Rinkside
I can't believe the ladies short program starts tomorrow! So excited and I just hope that everyone skates clean. The last group is going to be terrific to watch. :popcorn: I especially hope flawless and inspired performances for Caro, a clean skate for Akiko and landing the 3A for Mao. And I can't wait to see Yuna and Yulia skating in the same competition, I bet both of them will bring their best game and will be on fire!

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
I actually logged into my Sochi phone app and had to endure an update just because your post made me very unsure of when it actually was. :slink: I even requested the next two days off of work and still panicked a little.
If I was smarter I would have asked for the next two days off but mandatory trainings are taking place :mad:
Hmmm....guess I'll have to sneak away and follow up on everyone's posts at some point.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
If I was smarter I would have asked for the next two days off but mandatory trainings are taking place :mad:
Hmmm....guess I'll have to sneak away and follow up on everyone's posts at some point.

Thankfully tomorrow and Thursday I can stream it while doing my experiments in lab.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
I would like every skater to go clean. After that I don't care as much about the rankings. I've enjoyed the skating at these Olympics so much the result is second behind that really.
Anyone out there hoping Akiko get's two clean programs ?1.
I would love to see that girl really go for it. Maybe the nerves of the team event has helped her.
I completely agree.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a free app. Sochi 2014 that you can get.....live coverage.

You have to have a cable provider and a log in and password for live streaming. I keep forgetting mine and its driving me crazy. Go to your local ice rink if you have one. If their not watching it there they are doing it wrong.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
When the panel of judges for SP will be made public? :confused:

But the judges aren't posted there yet which is pororocheburashka's issue.

For the previous skating segments in Sochi, the judges have not been available at the ISU link until hours before the start of the competition.

pororocheburashka, if you're dying to know, you should just keep checking back at that link. And/or keep an eye out for a post from KKonas who oftens puts the information on GS. (I don't know whether KKonas gets the list from the public ISU page or from an "inside" skating source.)

NMURA

Medalist
Lipnitskaya's BVs are 4 points higher than Kim's and she can earn 2 more poins on spins. The question is whether the judges are willing to fill this 6 points gap with GOE and PCS (=favoritism). At least, there won't be much difference in the SP. Julia will beat Kim if she goes clean. Therefore Kim needs about 5 points higher GOE (on jumps) than Julia in the FS. The answer is probably NO. In Canada, they had the home favorite who can't do the 3loop. They didn't care about Kim's incomplete technical content. But in Russia, almost all ladies at nationals can do five different triples. They could be more scrutinizing on the technical content of each skater. If so, the 6 different triples can make a real impact.

AnastasiaO

Rinkside
I think nobody can beat a clean Yu-Na, not even Julia's jumps and inflated PC's. I would love to see Mao on top of that podium but I don't thing it's gonna happen :(((

smoothiw

Rinkside
Lipnitskaya's BVs are 4 points higher than Kim's and she can earn 2 more poins on spins. The question is whether the judges are willing to fill this 6 points gap with GOE and PCS (=favoritism). At least, there won't be much difference in the SP. Julia will beat Kim if she goes clean. Therefore Kim needs about 5 points higher GOE (on jumps) than Julia in the FS. The answer is probably NO. In Canada, they had the home favorite who can't do the 3loop. They didn't care about Kim's incomplete technical content. But in Russia, almost all ladies at nationals can do five different triples. They could be more scrutinizing on the technical content of each skater. If so, the 6 different triples can make a real impact.

:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

jkun

Final Flight

Do you honestly think Yuna and Julia's jumps are of the same quality?

NMURA

Medalist
Kim's "quality of jumps" would deteriorate suddenly once the judges decided to favor someone else. The highest TES will win the gold medal, even Hanyu is not an exception. BVs are more reliable. You can't beat the home favorite who has the higher technical content and suprior spins depending only on the judges favors.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Gwendal Peizarat just interviewed Anne-Line Gjersem on Eurosport. She seems very excited to be there and is hoping for a good result. Welcome back Norway!

desertskates

Medalist
All I have to say is that I'm so excited for it! And I probably will not log in here because I'll be afraid this thread will just be too much for my laptop and it'll just *poof* into a pile of ashes :eek:

Kelly

On the Ice
Kim's "quality of jumps" would deteriorate suddenly once the judges decided to favor someone else. The highest TES will win the gold medal, even Hanyu is not an exception. BVs are more reliable. You can't beat the home favorite who has the higher technical content and suprior spins depending only on the judges favors.

Because judges can use GOE (besides PCS) to help their favorite?!