2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

skatefan17

On the Ice
For the Yuna fans, why is she quitting after this season if the next Olympics will be in Korea, and she will still be young then?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She got all +3 on the 3Z-3T WOW!!!

ETA: Maybe not...just looked at the scale of values....but still +1.50 GOE is fantastic.

Panini

On the Ice
Her PCS looks a tad low compared to what we've been seeing in the team competition and men's lol. Yuzuru gets all 9's and Yuna gets 8's... hmmm.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Fever" - Sam Cesario isn't here, so no dueling Fevers.

Yuna is 13 points ahead of Polina, wonder if Yulia can beat that?

neraiselle

On the Ice
Wonderful and so calming skate from Yuna..... Thank you! But I think the score seems a bit low compared to her previous records...

bmelanie

On the Ice
She's such a fashionable girl off-ice, I don't understand why she'd choose this dress for the Olympics.

I have a theory that, because Send in the Clowns is a very nostalgic piece of music, the color of the dress is also referencing that sentiment.
Edited:
There's a very famous poem in Korea that has a very striking line, 'The handkerchief of nostalgia,' which in turn is referencing an O'Henry short story where a wife hangs up yellow handkerchiefs on a tree to show her continued loyalty and love for her husband.
I think that line cemented the color yellow as one of nostalgia and love in Korean literary consciousness.