World Juniors Coverage on Lifetime | Golden Skate

World Juniors Coverage on Lifetime

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Anyone else watching this? Just saw Katie Taylor, Kimmy Miesner (sp) and Miki Ando's short programs. We certainly have some more up and coming ladies to add to the talent pool here in the US! Katies style and look definitely remind me of Tara.

I especially wanted to see Miki since who knows if we'll see her on TV here. Definitely skates with a lot of maturity for a "junior" at least that's how it seemed to me. Of course her jumps were great. I was also happy to see her holding her spiral positions much longer than the other two. Of course the sequence didn't have a *wow* factor, but I really like watching skaters who hold the positions for a long time rather than rush through them.

This is killing me - I really want to see the rest of the juniors but Warm up group 3 in the Ladies short is coming up next on Eurosport so I think I will shift gears!

DG

brenlynn

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
Anyone else watching this? Just saw Katie Taylor, Kimmy Miesner (sp) and Miki Ando's short programs. We certainly have some more up and coming ladies to add to the talent pool here in the US! Katies style and look definitely remind me of Tara.

i think katy looks like tara too! funny, she is from houston as well - where tara trained from time to time.

jesslily

Final Flight
I just watched the Jr. World on TV. Katy Talor and Kimmie Meisener do have the jumps, the sharp fresh look, and fast inbetweens. The lack of spirals probably because of the flexibility. Their split jumps are not that great as some of the others. As long as they have gotten the jumps settled, the artistry and other things should come easily.

Kasey

Medalist
I do wish they had shown the top three men's short programs, since they did the ladies.

Kasey

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Miki's long...

LOL I got to watch Miki's long program from Juniors during a break in the World's Short action. While her long at juniors was great for juniors, the program was nothing compared to the top senior ladies. That had me worried once again about this crazy judging at worlds. I also recalled Joesitz's comment that he though Ando placed a little higher than she should have in the QR. The Eurosport commentators did say that she has really upped her own ante since junior worlds. Hmmmm.... Can't wait to see some of this on the tube.

DG

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I saw the Juniors this morning-made my morning! Dani Kahle, Kimmie Meisser, & Katie Taylor, I guess they call them the "Chicklets"(?). When they were talking, they were so cute! Katie is from Texas, like Tara Lipinski, & I thought she looked & skated alot like her, too! I really enjoyed watching all of that!:)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Ice Princess...

Those girls are all 3 just adoreable aren't they? I also liked Nancy commentating the event. Somehow she just came across sort of soft and motherly (can't quite find the words I want to describe it) but it seemed so appropriate while these youngsters were skating.

DG