Your life depends on one skater to skate well and deliver. Who do you choose? | Golden Skate

Your life depends on one skater to skate well and deliver. Who do you choose?

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Your life depends on one skater to skate well and deliver. Who do you choose?

Title says it all. One skater on whom your life depends. They must skate well and bring home a clean performance. The skater who is the mentally toughest and has the balls to skate with overwhelming pressure. Who do you choose?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
consistency:

Yuna Kim
Gracie Gold
Evgeni Plushenko ( a healthy one )

nightmare:

Jeremy Abbott
Adelina Sotnikova
Alissa Czisny

moviechick

On the Ice
Plushenko (healthy, but hell I'd even take unhealthy Plush over most guys)
Yuna Kim
Julia Lipnitsakaia (currently)

Ambivalent

On the Ice
I don't know about you all, but the men's competition here in Sochi reminded me of the pressure of the Olympics. It makes me appreciate Yu-Na's achievement in Vancouver all the more. So I'll have to pick Yu-Na.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
're T&M:

Skate America fall. When they did have problems, they were epic problems. Not to mention the Worlds where her skate caught in his sleeve and the sleeve just kept stretching.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Re Katarina Witt -

Why is she known for her consistency? The only time I ever remember her really laying it down is '87 Worlds. It seemed like she didn't skate her best during either of her Olympic wins or any of her other World title wins.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Re Katarina Witt -

Why is she known for her consistency? The only time I ever remember her really laying it down is '87 Worlds. It seemed like she didn't skate her best during either of her Olympic wins or any of her other World title wins.

She was very consistent. She skated perfectly in the short in 88 and very well in the long. She just didn't have the technical firepower but she almost always delivered her content. She had an enormous amount of pressure in 88, both to repeat as champion and as part of the much hyped battle of the Carmens.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
're T&M:

Skate America fall. When they did have problems, they were epic problems. Not to mention the Worlds where her skate caught in his sleeve and the sleeve just kept stretching.

I don't remember the sleeve problem but who can forget the SA fall? Still, once they started to really dominate, they were incredibly consistent. One of the most consistent pair ever, so reliable! And produced many clean skates, this is why I nominated them. I didn't pick Yuna, because while she always wins medals (usually gold) she is rarely 100% clean.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Well i wish for Carolina Kostner to deliver, whether she is mentally strong enough is the question.

But realistically i hope you can deliver