What are they wearing??? | Golden Skate

What are they wearing???

louisa05

Final Flight
We have had a string of ladies wearing blue win the Olympics.

Tara 1998:

http://rocknrollghost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1998.jpg

Sarah 2002 in a bluish lavender is close enough:

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/H/Sarah-Hughes-16243201-1-402.jpg

Shizuka 2006:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/sheino/sparkplugged/posts/oly_full.jpg

YuNa 2010:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/YuNaKimInVancouver.jpg

So...who is wearing blue?

We know Julia is not. Gracie is, unless she makes a change. We don't know what Ashley's new costume is. What are Mao and Yuna wearing????

Mao, Kanako and Gracie are wearing blue this season. Girls who wore red in the Olympics made mistakes in their free skates and Julia is wearing red this season.

desertskates

Medalist
I'm in love with Julia's costume for how it fits the music. I would love to see Ashley turn up in a regal looking jewel tone, one that is not sapphire! I believe Yuna's is half black/half purple.

louisa05

Final Flight
Mao, Kanako and Gracie are wearing blue this season. Girls who wore red in the Olympics made mistakes in their free skates and Julia is wearing red this season.

Hmmm....

Red had its own wins with Katerina in both 84 & 88 and Dorothy in 1976.

Poesch in 1980 wore goldish/orangish dress. Similar color to Ashley's S&D dress last year.

Crylais

Rinkside
Think Yuna is wearing yellow for Send in the Clowns and black/brown for Adios Nonino unless she had a last minute costume change

Icey

Record Breaker
Yu na is wearing Olive green for clowns according to her designer. It looks yellow to me though.

cinnamon

On the Ice
On the podium of 1972 Olympics, Trixi Schuba in navy blue was in the middle, Karen Magnussen in red with white maple leaves on her shoulders, and Janet Lynn in red were on her right and left.

I love Kanako's blue this season, so beautiful.

Well, Julia is kind of compelled to wear red because of the character she is portraying. I don't think it will make much difference to the outcome of the ladies' final, do you? In any case, red is also the signature color of Russia. Isn't the word for "red" the same as or similar to the word for "beautiful" in Russian?

louisa05

Final Flight
Well, Julia is kind of compelled to wear red because of the character she is portraying. I don't think it will make much difference to the outcome of the ladies' final, do you? In any case, red is also the signature color of Russia. Isn't the word for "red" the same as or similar to the word for "beautiful" in Russian?

I totally agree that it is unlikely to make any difference. The thread was meant to be light hearted. Sorry that you misunderstood.

desertskates

Medalist
I think blue costumes are very pretty in general. a lot depends on the design and cut. The only color that bugs me is all white, because it makes the skater fade into the ice somehow. And as much as I love Yuna, the color of her short program dress is just rather putrid :(

louisa05

Final Flight
I think blue costumes are very pretty in general. a lot depends on the design and cut. The only color that bugs me is all white, because it makes the skater fade into the ice somehow. And as much as I love Yuna, the color of her shot program dress is just rather putrid :(

My mother is visually impaired. When we attended Nationals last year, she had a hard time seeing the girls wearing all white dresses. And we were in the second row.

noskates

Record Breaker
I could never understand why anyone would wear a white costume on white ice. Just doesn't work for me.

usethis2

Medalist
I am not a fan of Yuna's SP dress. Its color, specifically. It's like someone's puke..

Mao has never had a taste in dress in recent years so I gave up on her dress. And for whatever reason she tries to accentuate her chest with her dress, which I don't get. Her Vancouver costumes were dreadful.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I like Yuna's SP dress much more than the LP one she wore at Nationals. I felt like it was unfinished. Maybe it was. XD
I liked her dress in El Tango de Roxanne in ATS more: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99hpwGvPF1qjmcito1_1280.jpg but Adios Nonino and El tango are very different tango music so I understand she didn't want to go for something like her el tango costume. XD

In other ladies, I like Yulia's dresses in both SP and LP. It really suits her young age. The LP costume just kills it.
Also, I fell in love with Kaetlyn Osmond's LP costume. The embellishments/crystals are soooo beautiful. :love: