Skaters and Plastic Surgery | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters and Plastic Surgery

Gracie wears too much makeup. I am wondering how she looks without. I agree that Gracie has a perfect body for a figure skater and that matters the most.

I'm not a Gracie fan or anything...I haven't watched her enough to have a preference one way or another. However, I've seen her in pics and interviews off ice; and she's very pretty naturally. My Mother always comments that she should lay off all of the makeup because it detracts, lol

moviechick

On the Ice
There was a rumor that YuNa had one on her eyes. It is quite popular in Korea, I've read.

I saw a CNN report on those surgeries in Korea and a lot of girls get it done when they're like 9-12 years old! Their moms even make them do it cause they think it will lead to better opportunities in life to have an eyelid crease. Crazy.

gimble

On the Ice
I saw a CNN report on those surgeries in Korea and a lot of girls get it done when they're like 9-12 years old! Their moms even make them do it cause they think it will lead to better opportunities in life to have an eyelid crease. Crazy.

I'm guessing that most of those reports (on any country/issue) are exaggerated. People outside of the US may think that most women get breast augmentation surgeries in the US but I'm sure that's not the case.

moviechick

On the Ice
I'm guessing that most of those reports (on any country/issue) are exaggerated. People outside of the US may think that most women get breast augmentation surgeries in the US but I'm sure that's not the case.

Well most of the quotes came from the doctor who runs the biggest plastic surgery practice in Korea. He says he does like 100 surgeries a day, but many of the customers also come from neighboring countries like China.

ks777

Record Breaker
Tonya Harding had a nose job. I thought Yuna had plastic surgery until I saw her without make up.. She was not attractive at all.. well she is attractive with a lot of makeup on though. so I don't think Yuna had a plastic surgery.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well most of the quotes came from the doctor who runs the biggest plastic surgery practice in Korea. He says he does like 100 surgeries a day, but many of the customers also come from neighboring countries like China.

You do realize 100 surgeries a day would be 10 per hour for a 10hr shift. Holy boobies!! That's not even 10 minutes per pair!! Be it eyelids or breasts or whatever!

Last edited:

jace93

On the Ice
Tonya Harding had a nose job. I thought Yuna had plastic surgery until I saw her without make up.. She was not attractive at all.. well she is attractive with a lot of makeup on though. so I don't think Yuna had a plastic surgery.

I actually prefer yuna without the heavy make up she uses in competition... she looks too much like a ceramic doll, but without it she is, if not stunning, still quite cute...

Raatkirani

On the Ice
I think Patrick Chan had eyelid surgery (and not a good one either), though I have no idea why he would do that. Women do it for eye makeup purposes, don't know why a guy would do it.

I understand why skaters like Gracie Gold wear so much makeup (you want the people in the nosebleeds to see your face and you're on camera), but she does wear a lot for her age. Very Southern beauty pageant-Suzanne Sugarbaker style makeup.

Mao does not need a boob job. She's a frickin' athlete. Refer to Sasha Cohen.

Ven

Match Penalty
Gracie's packaging is just awful. Tessa wears a lot of makeup on the ice but she still looks great. Gracie just looks like tacky child beauty pageant little girl out there lumbering all over the ice. Bizarre, cause she looks normal and cute for her age off the ice.

moviechick

On the Ice
Honestly, Patrick Chan should've had strabismus surgery when he was young for that eye turn. If you catch it at a young age, you can preserve some depth perception at least (I'm pretty sure his is very poor now).

desertskates

Medalist
Gracie's packaging is just awful. Tessa wears a lot of makeup on the ice but she still looks great. Gracie just looks like tacky child beauty pageant little girl out there lumbering all over the ice. Bizarre, cause she looks normal and cute for her age off the ice.

Agreed. One thing Gracie could do to look less severe is lower the position of her hair bun. Placing it on the top enhances the overdone prissy princess look. Ashley could stand to do this, too.

gimble

On the Ice
Honestly, Patrick Chan should've had strabismus surgery when he was young for that eye turn. If you catch it at a young age, you can preserve some depth perception at least (I'm pretty sure his is very poor now).

I seriously doubt that he has strabismus. If he did, he would have trouble perceiving distance correctly and all that and skating and jumping would be quite difficult. He does seem to have a case of cross eyes. I don't believe that having cross eyes (or appearing to have cross eyes) equals having strabismus according to an opthamologist I worked with on a project before. Perhaps we have an opthamologist on the forum to lend his/her expert opinions?

Becki

Medalist
I actually prefer yuna without the heavy make up she uses in competition... she looks too much like a ceramic doll, but without it she is, if not stunning, still quite cute...

Without makeup, Yuna Kim looks like a cute, ordinary Korean girl.

moviechick

On the Ice
I seriously doubt that he has strabismus. If he did, he would have trouble perceiving distance correctly and all that and skating and jumping would be quite difficult. He does seem to have a case of cross eyes. I don't believe that having cross eyes (or appearing to have cross eyes) equals having strabismus according to an opthamologist I worked with on a project before. Perhaps we have an opthamologist on the forum to lend his/her expert opinions?

I am, strabismus is essentially an eye turn. Judging by pictures of him, he has a pretty constant left esotropia. If you can see it just by looking at him, it's at least 15-20 prism diopter strab. Unless the cause of it is palsy-related (which usually doesn't manifest in such a way), it's probably a congenital/long standing trope, which means he almost certainly has reduced depth perception. He probably still has local stereo, which is monocular based.

thinspread

On the Ice
I noticed her eyes looked slightly different than in the past, but her creases don't look deep enough to have had surgery. She had crease indents before and may have naturally developed deeper creases. Her eyes would be much bigger if she had. The same thing happened to my mother; she had almost no double lid on one eye, and then got a noticeable crease. This is only my thoughts, of course, I don't know for sure if she has or hasn't.

Yuna's had creases on her lids since childhood. Clearly visible at times or more subtle on other occasions, depending on her makeup or condition at the time. I'm sure those creases are getting deeper as she ages. I know mine did.

There was a rumor that YuNa had one on her eyes. It is quite popular in Korea, I've read.

There was a Japanese TV speculating on Yuna's eyes, mongering rumour and feeding some haters in Japan (I think it was last year). Don't believe everything Japanese media say about Yuna. They often have her words taken out of context and distorted too.