Skaters and Plastic Surgery | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skaters and Plastic Surgery

Memelah711

Rinkside
I think Tara Lipinski has definitely had some type of plastic surgery. Her cheeks and face look so unnatural and out of proportion for her petite body.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wish Gold would return to her braided hairstyles. The best thing about her bit in the United Airlines commercials is her epic braids. :)

(Does Wagner wear any kind of bun at all?? I don't recall any.)

[p.s. My own comments wishing for Gold to lose the heavy make-up and look more natural have pertained to her off-ice appearance. I completely understand that on-ice make-up for competitions and shows is a totally different story.]

I've seen Wagner in a bun a couple of years ago, but ever since her hairstyle fell out during last year's WTT (I think it was last year and not 2012, anyway), she's had a ponytail.

bmcc102

Rinkside
This is probably one of the most obnoxious threads I have ever seen here. Some of things you people are saying about the skaters... shutter.

stevlin

On the Ice
Since when is Gracie Gold a "natural" and "fresh" beauty? :rofl:
As is true of many young women, her hair color comes from a bottle, and she often wears a ton of make-up [ETA: even off the ice].
Whether she is a beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But "natural" and "fresh" she is not.
So many bleach their hair blonde but it seems they all have dark or darker roots when it's competition time. I myself would have my roots touched up before an important competition. I hate the dark roots look, it makes them look too lazy to care about their hair.

prettykeys

Medalist
I think Mao should to get a boob job :yes:, I think she is absolutly BEAUTIFUL but is evident she has a little of trauma because she is plain, otherwise I dont understand her costumes, or may be someone choosing her costumes is who has the problem.
I know you are a huge fan of Mao. I am a little taken aback by this idea.

She is beautiful the way she is and I hope she doesn't get something so.. common and manufactured. :(

And no, YuNa has not gotten any kind of surgery. Photos and videos from her childhood corroborrate her current features. Regarding specifically her eyes - there is no plastic surgeon in the world who can make such shallow creases. If you guys know of any such surgery, please give us a link or a model for such a procedure or please stop throwing baseless shade around. :disapp:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
No doctor should touch her. She is in proportion and is beautiful.

Her costumes are not always to my taste, but that's another issue altogether.

Hear, hear Olympia! The idea of classy, beautiful, elegant, slender, artistic Mao with a boob job makes me shudder.

desertskates

Medalist
I wish Gold would return to her braided hairstyles. The best thing about her bit in the United Airlines commercials is her epic braids. :)

(Does Wagner wear any kind of bun at all?? I don't recall any.)

[p.s. My own comments wishing for Gold to lose the heavy make-up and look more natural have pertained to her off-ice appearance. I completely understand that on-ice make-up for competitions and shows is a totally different story.]

I made the Polina the crazy braider (and I didn't intend it to be mean :)) comment in another thread, but she's 15, so it's fine. I like Gracie's braids when she does them, it is more interesting. Maybe get the best of both with a braided bun?

louisa05

Final Flight
Since when is Gracie Gold a "natural" and "fresh" beauty? :rofl:
As is true of many young women, her hair color comes from a bottle, and she often wears a ton of make-up [ETA: even off the ice].
Whether she is a beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But "natural" and "fresh" she is not.

No kidding about the make-up off ice. And the sparkle and the jewelry. I am baffled that Ashley is the one called a diva out of the trio of American ladies in Sochi.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Ashley and Gracie are sponsored by Covergirl....so they're essentially getting paid to wear make up. They're both pretty girls without makeup but I understand "stage" make up.

bebevia

On the Ice
I often look at Gracie's close-ups and think, she should get a pro consult, because her makeup is covering her beauty. Her technique is meant for dim lighting on stage, like theatres. It is also what many mothers do to their girls at child pageants. Makeup should accentuate the face, not apply what mothers do to look young - a teen does not need that. I wonder why CG did not teach her; it's often a must to manage and consult their campaign faces - it's a beauty ad, for sake!. (Look how Nike dispatched a personal stylist to save Ronaldo from his madness.)

Mao's costumes were/are great WITHOUT TARASOVA. Done. I still want her SP costume's bust sack gone, though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Looks from Ladies SP Olys

Red Lipstick
Ashley Wagner
Gracie Gold
Mae Berenice Meite
Kaetlyn Osmond
Elene Gedevanishvili
Gabrielle Daleman
Isadora Williams

Nail art
Gracie Gold's red and "GOLD"
Mae Berenice Meite's patriotic ones
Jenna McCorkell's patriotic ones, bonus wedding bands

Braided hair
Polina Edmunds
Julia Lipnitskaia

Black liquid liner
Yuna Kim
Hae Jin Kim
Kanako Murakami
Kersin Frank

Sparkly Gloves
So Youn Park

Big Lashes
All girls go for big lashes, but this is some nice pictures
Carolina Kostner
Nathalie Weinzierl
Valentina Marchei

Earrings
Almost all the girls also wear earrings (sticker ones)
Adelina Sotnikova's green ones
Anne Line Gjersem blue ones
Viktoria Helgesson's black ones
Natalia Popova gold earings
Yuna Kim cross?

Lots of everything
Elena Glebova: headband, heavy eye make up, nail art, earrings

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Looks from Ladies SP Olys ...

Thanks, sequins. :)
As if your play by play were not already above and beyond the call of duty, now you have provided equally comprehensive beauty notes, complete with links. :bow:

Ashley and Gracie are sponsored by Covergirl....so they're essentially getting paid to wear make up. They're both pretty girls without makeup but I understand "stage" make up.

I understand "stage" makeup too. :)
Gold tended to wear a lot of off-ice make-up even before her Covergirl endorsement.
I still prefer her off-ice look with little or no makeup in the "bestie" photo with Maia Shibutani. YMMV.

Becki

Medalist
I am noob, but what are those creases/wrinkles surrounding your eyes called? Carolina Kostner and Valentia has a lot of those.....

desertskates

Medalist
Sequins, you rock!!! Thank you. :clap:
I have a firm understanding of stage makeup and am fine with it. I don't feel the harsh red is needed on some ladies that have broad smiles and very white teeth. Off ice, I like some of the pics I've seen of our girls appearing to be sporting mascara and chap stick (?). Maybe it's a personal thing for me, as a blonde, I can't pull off red. I'd love to see Ashley in a sheer bronze, Gracie in a delicate rose, and Polina in whatever the heck pleases her :)

stevlin

On the Ice
Red Lipstick
Ashley Wagner
Gracie Gold
Mae Berenice Meite
Kaetlyn Osmond
Elene Gedevanishvili
Gabrielle Daleman
Isadora Williams

Nail art
Gracie Gold's red and "GOLD"
Mae Berenice Meite's patriotic ones
Jenna McCorkell's patriotic ones, bonus wedding bands

Braided hair
Polina Edmunds
Julia Lipnitskaia

Black liquid liner
Yuna Kim
Hae Jin Kim
Kanako Murakami
Kersin Frank

Sparkly Gloves
So Youn Park

Big Lashes
All girls go for big lashes, but this is some nice pictures
Carolina Kostner
Nathalie Weinzierl
Valentina Marchei

Earrings
Almost all the girls also wear earrings (sticker ones)
Adelina Sotnikova's green ones
Anne Line Gjersem blue ones
Viktoria Helgesson's black ones
Natalia Popova gold earings
Yuna Kim cross?

Lots of everything
Elena Glebova: headband, heavy eye make up, nail art, earrings[/Q while we are talking about makeup, how about the ladies hair? I wonder why all the blondes have dark roots? If I were skating in a huge competition I would certainly get my roots colored to match the rest of my hair. The dark roots look ugly. If you are going to be a blonde, then be a blonde. Dark roots look like the person is too lazy to want to look their best.

desertskates

Medalist
Crows feet. You can get injections for that, but these girls are simply too young for all that. Intended to quote Becki on this.

These girls/ladies are all beautiful in their own ways, no matter how much we enjoy picking apart their makeup and hair ( :laugh: ). I just wish them all well after all the hard work and sacrifice to be there.

Becki

Medalist
Yuna absolutely did not get a double lid surgery.
if you don't understand Asian eyes, please shut up

I don't think she did either. If she did, her eyes wouldn't be as small (or she had a really bad job). It seems like she can create the illusion of double eye-lids by using liquid eyeliner and contours.