Skaters who are "all that and a bag of chips"? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters who are "all that and a bag of chips"?

ivy

On the Ice
Apt was at the top of my list too! Have a huge soft spot for Angela Nikodenov as well.

LOL Chan really is the most ridiculous person. He's like Anne Hathaway level desperate.

I like Anne Hathaway. She's trying to be polite, and that's so out of fashion these days that most people don't know what to make of it when they see it. Is it fake? Well, it's put on, but the intentions are good. I don't see any connection with Chan's behavior, though.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
MISHA GE!!! Boy is so full of sassiness and fabulosity! He actually had fun with his LP performance the Olympics.

moviechick

On the Ice
I like Anne Hathaway. She's trying to be polite, and that's so out of fashion these days that most people don't know what to make of it when they see it. Is it fake? Well, it's put on, but the intentions are good. I don't see any connection with Chan's behavior, though.

To me, they both seem like actually kind of nice people but they have the worst PR skills ever and come off looking terrible every time they talk.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Kevin van den Perren

Kristoffer Berntsson

Adrian Schulteiss

YEy! I had little crash on Berntsson, when i saw him last time, Euros 2010 I think I was ultra happy. Schultheis had the most original programs and KVDP was a sentimetal fav of mine!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The female Turkish ice dancer, whose name I can't even begin to pronounce or spell.

She is the most beautiful woman at the Olympic Games, and if I ran the Olympics, she would get a gold medal if I had to mint it myself.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Sasha Abt, a beautiful skater, inconsistent, not mentally strong, but had the most long stroking edges and gliding. He can fly across the ice and was quite a dancer. His best performances were in Euro 2002, and he deserved to beat the legendary Yagudin for the gold. I had a crush on him too.

This is what I love about this board...someone still remembers Alexander Abt! He was the hotness, sorely underrated, but just divine nonetheless.

I also loved Shiskova and Naumov (they had a secret sense of humor about them but were also underrated in the time of G&G and M&D).

Aschiutza mentioned the Finns, Rahkhamo and Kokko, who were way ahead of their time.

Loved Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas, another underrated ice dance team.

All Italian and French ice dance teams who haven't medaled in the Olympics (Faiella and Scali, Capellini and Lanotte, Delobel and Schoenfelder)

And right now, my broken heart bleeds for Pechalat and Bourzat. They were really innovative storytellers on the ice. Will miss them so much.

bmelanie

On the Ice
Stephane Lambiel. Who can resist - and such a lyrical, emotional skater who had the technicals to match. >.<
On the same note - though not as universally likable perhaps - Yagudin. I had such a girl-crush on Yagudin. And it never went away.

BlackPack

Medalist
This is what I love about this board...someone still remembers Alexander Abt! He was the hotness, sorely underrated, but just divine nonetheless.

I also loved Shiskova and Naumov (they had a secret sense of humor about them but were also underrated in the time of G&G and M&D).

Aschiutza mentioned the Finns, Rahkhamo and Kokko, who were way ahead of their time.

Loved Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas, another underrated ice dance team.

All Italian and French ice dance teams who haven't medaled in the Olympics (Faiella and Scali, Capellini and Lanotte, Delobel and Schoenfelder)

And right now, my broken heart bleeds for Pechalat and Bourzat. They were really innovative storytellers on the ice. Will miss them so much.

You're a fan after my own heart! All the skaters you mentioned are special but largely unrecognized.

BlackPack

Medalist
Stephane Lambiel. Who can resist - and such a lyrical, emotional skater who had the technicals to match. >.<
On the same note - though not as universally likable perhaps - Yagudin. I had such a girl-crush on Yagudin. And it never went away.

Yes... everything he does is incredible. Flamenco 2007 Worlds LP Just wow... :bow:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
This thread makes me want a bag of chips....but the store is now closed. :no:

I think I will miss Jeffrey Buttle for years and years to come. I really miss his style and his funny, lopsided/puppyish grin.

Amei

Record Breaker
My Family size bag of chips: Todd Eldredge - if I could trade every stupid snowboarding and curling OGM for just 1 OGM for him I would :love:

Regular bag of chips: Sasha Cohen - so she fell a lot, but even when she fell she was beautiful to watch

Lunch-box/fun-size bag of chips: Julia Lipnitskaia; I've watched her for 2 years and her skating never bores me and she's the skater that excites me for this next cycle to watch - she reminds me of Cohen early on in her career and I hope she develops a little more musicality with age in her skating like Cohen did, but keeps her consistency

Becki

Medalist
Yeah, but he never said anything specific about Hanyu. That's a start. I think it would be difficult to say anything negative about Hanyu given how nice he seems to be :)

Well, Patrick is right at this point in time. Yuzuru does not have as much success as him RIGHT NOW, but you can't guarantee that in the next few years since Yuzuru plans to stick around :p But I guess it's nice to give yourself some pep talk and reassurance :p Yuzuru will never ever be a 6X Canadian National Champion - no one can take that away from PChiddy :p