Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

nguyenghita

On the Ice
^^ I'm just wondering how (and why) such a personal letter like this would have become public.... And so readily translated into good English (I assume Yuna's father would write a heartfelt letter to her in Korean)
Well, maybe her father post it on his personal blog. Of course he wrote it in Korean, then Yuna's fan translated it, nothing weird here

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
Good question! I haven't thought about this.

I have just felt a little odd when I read it the first time that the tone of the letter, even though very affectionate, sounded too sentimental to be an Asian man's writing. However, I don't know YuNa's father. So I could be wrong.
The real question is why yuan detractors are so afraid of truth, so afraid of the enormous respect she has got. What should be a real Asian man's or real black man's true sentiments? Going to the back seat of a bus, never complain about or fight injustice, just like those good old days you and your parents' generation could 'enjoy'?

bebevia

On the Ice
It's part of an article in form of a letter. He did not write this, but the writer got permission from him to write this. It is based on the interview the writer conducted with him.

I agree the phrasing of it is too sentimental. Other than that, the content is pretty much what he thought.

Venee

Rinkside
^^ I'm just wondering how (and why) such a personal letter like this would have become public.... And so readily translated into good English (I assume Yuna's father would write a heartfelt letter to her in Korean)

I had the same thought actually. I'm a little skeptical. I'm a Yuna Kim, Michelle Kwan, Kristi Yamaguchi, Chen Lu, Katherine Healy, Paul Wylie, Ilia Kulik, Kurt Browning (when he went pro) Gordeeva and Grinkov, Mishkutenok and Dimitriev, Davis and White, Usova and Zhulin, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Sale and Pelletier fan :laugh:

starrynight

On the Ice

I have just felt a little odd when I read it the first time that the tone of the letter, even though very affectionate, sounded too sentimental to be an Asian man's writing. However, I don't know YuNa's father. So I could be wrong.

Yeah, this looks ghost written as hell.

You guys, your "controversy" is not "substnatiated." (in drivingmsdaisy's tone).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I had the same thought actually. I'm a little skeptical. I'm a Yuna Kim, Michelle Kwan, Kristi Yamaguchi, Chen Lu, Katherine Healy, Paul Wylie, Ilia Kulik, Kurt Browning (when he went pro) Gordeeva and Grinkov, Mishkutenok and Dimitriev, Davis and White, Usova and Zhulin, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Sale and Pelletier fan :laugh:

This letter sounds fishy or maybe was mis translated and misrepresented or presented in the wrong fashion. Call me a cynic but Yuna is class so why she would share this personal leter is highly suspect. She is also a class act. Second, who woudl share such a private letter. Third, the letter is written so wonderfully to put Yuan in the good light without making her look too sachrine- it is too perfect and too suspicious. i would take this a grain of salt and shame of any journalist sharing it ifi it were real this is aletter between dad and daughter. But I am suspicious it is a little too perfect and too poitically correct at the same time especially for a father who would not have to worry about poolitical correctness in a letter.

bebevia

On the Ice
It's part of an article in form of a letter. He did not write this, but the writer got permission from him to write this. It is based on the interview the writer conducted with him.

I agree the phrasing of it is too sentimental. Other than that, the content is pretty much what he thought.
No more questioning. Read posts.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

:sarcasm:
:disapp:
:rolleye: