Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

daphna

On the Ice
Is Yu-Na Kim unhappy or just cool?

She skated an amazing SP, but didn't look happy. not dissapointed, of course, just not happy. I wonder how much pressure is/was put on her to keep skating vs. how much she really wants it.
Your thoughts?

bebevia

On the Ice
Kurt Browning: "I honestly thought it would be much higher... and Yuna agrees with me."

I don't know if Yuna really agrees, but I too agree. I mean, relative scores so far don't really make sense, as far as her score is concerned; not even compared to what we've seen at the Teams.

On the other hand, I hope that's a sign of minimal inflation coming in the follow-up skaters. We'll see. Wishful, but sadly not hopeful, though. Just another Worlds 2013 score thing, maybe?

lavender

Record Breaker
She probably knows what they are up to. Like why would they give her marks close to Julia. They should be much higher. I say this being more of a Mao and Carolina fan.

swc0931

Rinkside
i think she did not happy with her score...Of course again she was underscore....
She only got level 3 in her step sequence (She always got level 4 since 2009) and her 3-3 jump got same +goe as Julia.
i will be really angry if clean Julia beat clean Yuna...
This remind of me 2013 world championship.
I'm sure she will lead 2-3 point ahead after the SP.
But,If Yuna clean her LP tomorrow...Game is Over...

starrynight

On the Ice
Kurt Browning: "I honestly thought it would be much higher... and Yuna agrees with me."

I don't know if Yuna really agrees, but I too agree. I mean, relative scores so far don't really make sense, as far as her score is concerned; not even compared to what we've seen at the Teams.

On the other hand, I hope that's a sign of minimal inflation coming in the follow-up skaters. We'll see. Wishful, but sadly not hopeful, though. Just another Worlds 2013 score thing, maybe?

Mimimum inflation from the blow-the-roof-away inflation of team events? :think:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Her performance was breathtakingly beautiful. Just as I had hoped. What mental fortitude this girl has. She never ceases to amaze me. :clap::bow:

JYSkate

Rinkside
Her performance was breathtakingly beautiful. Just as I had hoped. What mental fortitude this girl has. She never ceases to amaze me. :clap::bow:

Indeed and I'm really impressed with Gracie Gold's performance as well. Still hanging on to 2nd so far after Yulia's skate. Sad for her (Yulia) fall ): I hope she has a clean FS. Now the main contender for Yuna is Mao! I hope she skates clean! :)

UPDATE: Nevermind!! Looks like Carolina is definitely in for a podium too! Less than a point away from Yuna wow, they're going to have to skate clean tomorrow! :popcorn:

UPDATE2: Wow this is starting to look like the mens sp with 4-5 skaters all less than a point apart! Intense competition! Check out Adelina's GOE :eek: everything 1.0+ and everything LVL4, I'm almost surprised that she didn't pass Yuna with those marks. GO MAO!

aww.. ): poor mao. It looks like she won't be able to medal at her last olympics. T_T

Horizon

Rinkside
It was fantastic, but she looked extremly unhappy to me.

She seemed unhappy with the score not the skate itself. She seemed very relieved and happy after her performance. I have to agree that she did look nervous before starting the program though.

emma

Record Breaker
Absolutely awesome performance and great program. I can never tell if Yuna looks nervous, and surely she was - but the second she starts skating something happens to me; it's like my heart stops but not out of nerves, it's more like time stands still while she skates - and she skates so big, I just love it.

bbgarfield

Rinkside
....She only got level 3 in her step sequence (She always got level 4 since 2009) ....

Actually sometimes a step sequence can get downgraded pretty easily if it consists of just sufficient number of difficult turns to fulfill minimum requirements for a higher level. One wrong body lean turning a rocker or counter into a 3 turn will do the unfortunate trick getting the SS downgraded to a lower level!

Poor Mao Asada btw. :(