Entries 2014 World Junior Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 World Junior Championships

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I see Nam Ngyen of Canada is listed but he is now also going to Sr Worlds . Is he really going to do both? Seems like a lot to ask ?! Are the program lengths different for Jr vs Sr?

Yup, Nguyen is competing at both Junior Worlds and Worlds.
Skate Canada replied Yes to someone's tweet yesterday asking if both were true.

ETA, and duh, I forgot to say:
In yesterday's press release from Skate Canada with the assignments for both Worlds and Junior Worlds, Nguyen is listed for both competitions.
http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/3346/language/en-US/Default.aspx (Mar 3)​

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's pretty rough. There's only 9 days between the end of JW and the start of Worlds, with a long trip from Bulgaria to Japan in between. Lots of lost practice time!

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
I'm sure Brian Orser will have a plan put in place for Nam.
Maybe he and Yuzuru, Javi will go on ahead to Worlds and get practice time together somewhere else?

Also interesting to note that Julianne Seguin is competing in both Junior Ladies and Junior Pairs! Anyone else doing double duty?

That's pretty rough. There's only 9 days between the end of JW and the start of Worlds, with a long trip from Bulgaria to Japan in between. Lots of lost practice time!

He's a competitive athlete, I am sure he can manage. ;)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The US pairs team of Chelsea Liu/Devin Perini is out of Junior Worlds because Devin is injured, according to the USFS so Aya Takai/Brian Johnson are competing at the Challenge Cup in the Netherlands to hopefully get the TES minimums to take their place.

Thankfully for them and a few other Junior skaters/teams, The Hague, Netherlands is not ridiculously far from Sofia.

Nirti

Medalist
Some russian changes :

Elena Radionova replaces Alexandra Proklova

Evgenia Kosigina/Mikhail Moroshkin replace Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin

aeviterna

Rinkside
Dang, I'm surprised Skate Canada is sending Nam to both Sr. AND Jr. Worlds! I heard he'd be replacing Patrick but I'd assumed they'd pull him out of JW to compensate, but it seems not. :| (I'm sure one of the Jr. Canadian subs probably got excited...) I hope he's not too tired by the time Sr. Worlds rolls around barely a week later. Crazy.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Some russian changes :

Elena Radionova replaces Alexandra Proklova

Evgenia Kosigina/Mikhail Moroshkin replace Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin
Radionova could easily become the first girl ever to repeat as WJC!! :popcorn:
But... why not S/B? They looked really ready to win a second world title at Nationals... :eek:hwell:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Radionova could easily become the first girl ever to repeat as WJC!! :popcorn:
But... why not S/B? They looked really ready to win a second world title at Nationals... :eek:hwell:

their junior nationals scores were inflated, they skated slow and very labored step seq and pattern steps
Bukin is ill and Stepanova got really tall, I think they did the right they would have been off the podium in junior worlds
with Y/M, M/C and H/B

you probably wont see this them together again next season like Davankova / Deputat

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Why is World Junior Figure Skating Championship so often organized in Sofia (Bulgaria)?

2008, 2009, 2014 :eek:

nobody else is interested :confused:

redfiretrees

Rinkside
I'm very interested to see who will place better. Amber Glenn or Karen Chen. Since Karen came from an injury right? and Amber Glenn is the new Junior National Champ.