Skating music you never want to hear again? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skating music you never want to hear again?

While I :love: all of My Fair Lady, it would be great to hear these selections! :agree:

Can't stand it either (with my apologies to Daisuke who skated the heck out of it & made it work).

The Moulin Rouge version of "El Tango de Roxanne. I have a running joke with a friend who cringes along with me when we hear the first part of the vocals of the song. I have no problem whatsoever with Sting's version, however.

Bring on more baroque music, please - Denkova & Stavisky's 2003 performance (compulsory dance?) was gorgeous!

Yes, I think it was the compulsory dance. It's the routine that made me fall in love with Denkova/Stavisky.

Someone could try skating to music from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. It even has a splendid waltz tucked in there.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I think it was the compulsory dance. It's the routine that made me fall in love with Denkova/Stavisky.

Someone could try skating to music from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. It even has a splendid waltz tucked in there.

It was Denkova & Staviyski' s OD. In that era, the CD' s had several tunes from the ISU which were played over and over in rotation.

anyanka

Record Breaker
After ladies FS I can no longer hear even two bars of Saint-Saens's "Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso" without gagging. Mind you I had been tiring of it before but now it's just been pushed over the edge where I find the piece nauseating.

sirota

Rinkside
Have you ever heard all music of Chopin, Racmininoff and Tchaikovsky or Carmen in theater?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Have you ever heard all music of Chopin, Racmininoff and Tchaikovsky or Carmen in theater?
Yes, I am a classical music fan. But seriously, I would rather skaters choose something else because some music were not written for people to dance along. Example: Racmaninoff piano concert no 2.:bang:

anyanka

Record Breaker
All versions of "Imagine". You can sing it, play it without vocals, or tap it out using a spoon and a skillet, I'm STILL not going to enjoy it in figure skating.
If you're going John Lennon route you may as well go for something more experimental like Yoko Ono.
Although I don't think a free dance to "Open Your Box" would go over very well.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Fever. Because I have never liked it, being skated to or not. :disapp:
I'm not really 'tired' of anything being skated to. As long as a skater can do the music justice, I don't care if it's been used 1,000 times or never before.

Matilda

Medalist
Take Five. Some kid at the rink was doing a program to it a few days ago and I wanted to scream! I really can't stand that music anymore :mad:

I love Bach but I have no clue if it's been used for figure skating background music. Maybe his music would be too overwhelming to skate to?

Klimova and Ponomarenko skated to Bach in 1992, Air on a G String. Music and skaters were all sublime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-niom1jc8

By the way, one movie soundtrack I can't recall hearing on ice, at least recently, is Jerry Goldsmith's score for The Wind and the Lion. It has both action and lyricism, and I think it would be good music for a variety of skaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsK9RuNfxw