it seems the 200 mark will become teh norm for the ladies very soon
with higher technical contents being done by the ladies

Sotnikova - 1st
Gracie - 4th
Julia - 5th

though Gracie was a bit undermarked in her PCS compared to the two

Amei

Record Breaker
I think the future is bright for all 3 ladies, and now they have a lot of international recognition with 2 OGM's for the Russian ladies and a 4th place finish for Gold. I hope to see more growth from all three and that they don't say 'well I've won this way, why do I need to change'.

Excited for World's. When is it?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think the future is bright for all 3 ladies, and now they have a lot of international recognition with 2 OGM's for the Russian ladies and a 4th place finish for Gold. I hope to see more growth from all three and that they don't say 'well I've won this way, why do I need to change'.

Excited for World's. When is it?

I would also add:

Polina Edmunds
Elena Radionova
Zijun Li as skaters for the future

PftJump

On the Ice
Only Gold can get the olympic scores in another place, I think.

Russianflation was Super Huge. That was Home record.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I disagree

they have legion of skaters too
that have won gold in GP outside of home"flation" ;)
watch out for

Anna Pogorilaya
Elena Radionova
wil be back next season

though I think Gracie has the brightest future

hurrah

Medalist
Out of the three mentioned in the title, I like Julia Lipnitskaya for some reason. She seems genuine.
I quickly developed a dislike for Gracie Gold a few months ago and I suspect this dislike will never go away.
As for Adelina, I have nothing against her, but her win today... I know it's not her fault the score was that rigged.

Polina Edmund has a very alien feel to me right now.
I love Elena Radinova. She's so cute.
And I like Zijun, too. She's so sweet.
I may or may not come to like Kaetyln. I will maybe come to like her, but if I find Canada fixing her scores, I will not like her any more.

flying camel

Medalist
I'm already looking forward to worlds. I hope Gracie can make the podium. Her jumps here were great. She just needs more competition under her belt. I look forward to seeing Gracie, Adelina and Julia battle it out at future competitions. I think they are the front runners heading to the next Olympics.

Manitou

Medalist

Actually Yulia performs much better outside of Russia. So your statement is false.

elif

Medalist
I'm already looking forward to worlds. I hope Gracie can make the podium. Her jumps here were great. She just needs more competition under her belt. I look forward to seeing Gracie, Adelina and Julia battle it out at future competitions. I think they are the front runners heading to the next Olympics.

I don't think so because russia/usa has other juniors, they can improve. But I would like to see Sotnikova/Gold rivalry. Great jumps, great spins, great speed and hopefully great programs. This could be much more close than Kim/Asada. If only both of them could be a little more consistent.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
First ladies for next quad scoring above the 200 mark
it seems the 200 mark will become teh norm for the ladies very soon
with higher technical contents being done by the ladies

Sotnikova - 1st
Gracie - 4th
Julia - 5th

though Gracie was a bit undermarked in her PCS compared to the two

I know you love her to bits, but Gracie was NOT undermarked. All of them were overscored on PCS.

PCS OFFENDER #1 - Julia: high PCS inflation
- Julia scored a personal best PCS of 70.06 which was higher than her team PCS (69.82)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall and UR stepout.
- 0.24 points higher with a fall

PCS OFFENDER #2 - Adelina: very high PCS inflation
Sotnikova scored 74.41 which was ridiculous in that it was on par with Kim and above Kostner/Mao (it was also a huge increase from her personal best of 69.60).
- 4.81 points higher (with a minor stepout)

PCS OFFENDER #3 - Gracie: astronomical PCS inflation
- Gracie scored a personal best PCS of 68.33 which was monstrously higher that her team PCS (61.89)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall.
- 6.44 points higher, with a fall (Frank must have done quite the politicking to keep Gracie in 4th)

volk

Final Flight
I know you love her to bits, but Gracie was NOT undermarked. All of them were overscored on PCS.

PCS OFFENDER #1 - Julia: high PCS inflation
- Julia scored a personal best PCS of 70.06 which was higher than her team PCS (69.82)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall and UR stepout.
- 0.24 points higher with a fall

PCS OFFENDER #2 - Adelina: very high PCS inflation
Sotnikova scored 74.41 which was ridiculous in that it was on par with Kim and above Kostner/Mao (it was also a huge increase from her personal best of 69.60).
- 4.81 points higher (with a minor stepout)

PCS OFFENDER #3 - Gracie: astronomical PCS inflation
- Gracie scored a personal best PCS of 68.33 which was monstrously higher that her team PCS (61.89)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall.
- 6.44 points higher, with a fall (Frank must have done quite the politicking to keep Gracie in 4th)

This is probably the best LP by Adelina. So arguing that she got all of 4.81 gifted is not accurate. But Gracie's score score inflation is apparent.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
This is probably the best LP by Adelina. So arguing that she got all of 4.81 gifted is not accurate. But Gracie's score score inflation is apparent.

I agree that this is Adelina's best freeskate. However, putting her PCS on par with Kim and higher than Mao/Kostner is unjustifiable. Perhaps you could argue Kim was a bit tentative and lacking her usual spark, but Kostner was brilliant and so was Mao. It was absolutely unnecessary, and she should have got 70 points PCS at best (still enough for the win, but barely). Mao should have had about 71 or 72 points.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
imo, Gracie too should have cleared 70 in PCS
her PCS total can be higher than Julia

Caro had double jumps though
I'd give her 2nd in FS if she went clean

Manitou

Medalist
Yulia will benefit from the fact the Worlds are in Japan. The home crowd does not bring her luck.

hurrah

Medalist
I wonder if Julia will be affected by growth spurts within the next year or so? I really like Julia. She's got alot of spunk, but I think Julia will be hit by puberty monster soon.

Gracie, whom I do not like at all, will probably continue to jump well as she seems finished with body changes and she's got Frank Caroll who will continue to campaign on her behalf so her lack of grace and stiffness doesn't get noticed by the judges.

And Adelina, I think, will not lose her jumps but she's bound to grow a little bit more so I think she may have growth spurt issues in the following years. I hope someone can teach her to skate well.

Polina Edmund whom I thought had alot of potential also seemed very, very tall and very, very thin with very wide shoulders. So there's alot of question mark there in terms of how her body will grow.

Manitou

Medalist
Gracie, whom I do not like at all, will probably continue to jump well as she seems finished with body changes and she's got Frank Caroll who will continue to campaign on her behalf so her lack of grace and stiffness doesn't get noticed by the judges.

I really like Gracie, but I agree Frank is toxic and bitter. I wouldn't mind Gracie under a different coach.

Layfan

Record Breaker
yeah, I'm curious about Polina. She's got a long way to go. It's great that she has wonderful jumping technique and a fighter's spirit and she also has spunk and personality. But it's hard to argue with the straighth 7s she got in the PCS. I'm glad she's only 15.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to the future of ladies' skating right now. As much as I love the multi-quad veterans (Carolina, Mao, Yu-Na, Akiko, etc) I'm excited to see some new rivalries form. Hopefully the uber-fans/bots will exit the sport when their favorites do which should make these boards a slightly more civil place to discuss things. Of course new fan wars will start but if we're lucky there will be a small lull of peace for at least half a season or so...:yes: