Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I love how you're pretending as if I'm the only person in the figure skating world that acknowledges Euros is inflated. Do you want examples of how the scores tend to be much higher at Euros in particular than at most other competitions?

Euros is skated later in the season, when skaters have had a chance to analyze a program's weaknesses, get their levels up, and get more comfortable presenting the choreography. Almost any skater who skates well for the duration of the season will see rising scores, as Julia did. Carolina got better PCS in Sochi too; the LP probably isn't a fair comparison because she bombed her Euro LP, but her clean SP in Sochi earned about 3 more points of PCS than her Euros SP.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
It's becoming clear these days to many viewers that Scott Hamilton has no opinion himself, or at least fails to offer it for public consumption. He merely goes whichever way the ISU wind blows, the very definition of a little man.

I don't know if he's a puppet or just loves the sound of his own voice. Even those moments where there is silence it's unsettling because you know any moment he's going to start up again.