The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 202 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I am convinced that if there were collusion and cheating, the russian judge would not have hugged Adelina in front of the cameras, for all to see. Judges are known, even if there is anonymous notes, so they have nothing to hide. And now some fans talk about racism ! I do not understand such aggressiveness. Don't you have other natural passions in life than being a fan of... do you know what is the disposition to have idols?
I like all skaters, I obviously have some style preferences, I am sad when they lose, I do not make it a world drama ... I would have been delighted that Yuna wins, as I am delighted that Adelina has won.

Are you referring to me because I made a comment about a poster being racist? I only made that comment because someone is attacking a certain race too much in her comments in this entire forum. Really, go check her comments. That's not being aggressive for me. I'm only making a point that calling out fans of a certain skater for criticizing another skater and doing the same to them is hypocrisy. And generalizing a certain race or fan group as whiny, "bots", etc. is just plain wrong.

And yes I have other passions other than being a fan of a certain skater and I don't glorify celebrities. What makes you think people are doing nothing in their life but obsess or comment nonstop in this forum?

I would also be delighted if Adelina had won over Yuna and Caro (and others) fair and square as I believe legends are beatable. If an underdog or someone from the lower ranks in fs beat the top skaters using skills and artistry, then I would be happy for that person. I might even be a fan. That's how I became a fan of Yuna and Mao. They were juniors who were exceptional and beat people who had more experience back then. The thing is Sochi was not fair to everyone, not even the Russians even if they were the beneficiaries. These ladies were put into a situation where fans around the world bash them. That's not fair. What I'm sure about is that the results were inaccurate, maybe because of corruption or incompetency, who knows? But it sure as h*ll wasn't accurate. As many people here also firmly believe.

Jewels

On the Ice
I am convinced that if there were collusion and cheating, the russian judge would not have hugged Adelina in front of the cameras, for all to see. Judges are known, even if there is anonymous notes, so they have nothing to hide.
And now some fans talk about racism ! You are going too far. I do not understand such aggressiveness. Don't you have other natural passions in life than being a fan of... do you know what is the disposition to have idols?
I like all skaters, I obviously have some style preferences, I am sad when they lose, I do not make it a world drama ... I would have been delighted that Yuna wins, as I am delighted that Adelina has won.

You just wrote this post because of the one word 'racist' right? Well go on reading what actually made that poster say those things, before judging anybody as a fangirl who has nothing to do other than idolizing a skater. Gosh, you're even more annoying than Rubirosa, all we're saying is to stop generalizing every Yuna fans and Koreans, and you're saying don't be aggressive crazy fans lol

Petitefleur

Spectator
Are you suggesting that if someone robbed a bank they wouldn't hug the teller, especially one helping facilitate the robbery. That's an interesting take.
Sorry, but there are many people who think that there was no robbery... I'm not suggesting ! I take a brute fact without giving twisted interpretation. So, if I hug in public a President, does it mean I am her mistress ?
Comparisons are often inaccurate and misleading, yours is the worst sophism.
It's easy to call someone a racist when it does not support your obsessive passion for Yuna. At the point of insulting words are used, it is better to stop the discussion.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
It's easy to call someone a racist when it does not support your obsessive passion for Yuna. At the point of insulting words are used, it is better to stop the discussion.

It is very easy indeed but I did not call someone a racist because of the reason you stated above. I said "I might go as far as to say..." The reason for that remark is the multiple posts that insulted Yuna, her fans (or people defending her), and her country. There was not a single post made by that poster that I have seen that has objective views on Yuna. She's always generalizing Yuna fans and Koreans as whiny, bots, hypocrites, etc. As much as I'm pained to read her posts, I would like to quote some because you seem to be fixating only on the "racist" word:

You are the example of why Yuna fans are the worst whining hypocrites ever.
She didn't object them either. Yuna has a history of whining when the results doesn't suit her wishes and the history of lying that she has no problem with.
Yuna fans: Pathetic. I pity you guys. You idol got dethrowned by a younger beautiful girl who challeneged more difficult prog and won fair&square. Truth hurts. Yuna was like an old photograph: nice to see again but you don't see anything new. Her time passed. She wants to move one, to settle, maybe to get married. But her fans are like her demons, making a clown of her in Net, committing crimes againt her rival by sending death threats, some of them want her to compete in 2018. What Yuna is supposed to do to get finally FREE? No, she is cursed. Her name will be haunted forever by her own fans. Poor girl.

I know some of her posts are answers to other posters but she had come too far already. And a few comments that have insults are enough. She doesn't have to say the same thing over and over again in multiple threads here. Yeah, we get it. She doesn't like Yuna, her fans and her country. :eek:hwell:
You accuse me of being aggressive while ignoring (?) the reason why I said what I said. And then you're calling me just an obsessive fangirl who has nothing better to do in my life. If I'm not used to this kind of remarks in this forum, I would be offended. But I'm not. It really is better to end the discussion when people just throw insults to one another instead of having healthy discussions and analyses.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
But you are not criticizing Yuna objectively. Your words are insulting and I might even go as far as to say you're being racist towards South Koreans and I'm not even Korean. You claim that Yuna fans are just whining, attacking/insulting others posters or other skaters, but really, that's what you do too. That's hypocrisy. Are you saying these words are not insulting?

And then you make up things like this to degrade Yuna or her Sochi performance:

:rolleye:
What an heresy. How dare you! There is NO NEVER EVER such a thing as objective critics of Yuna. It doesn't exist. Any critics of her is not regarded as such. It's regarded as bashing Yuna, insulting Yuna, making up lies about her. When Yuna fans critisize Mao, Adelina, Caro, they are saying objective facts. They need to do that over and over again in multplie threads (you rock, "Sotbots"! :thumbsup:). When a non-Yuna fan does the same thing- he is a liar and an anti-Korean racist. Anti-Yuna means anti-Korea. Being of the same race and even eating kimchi for breakfast doesn't help. You are anti-Korea racist, liar, bot and troll if you don't worship Yuna. When Korean TV makes disrespectful programs about Adelina, it's not racist. It's saying objective fact. When they write nasty anti-Japan comments on Mao youtube videos, it's not racist, it's saying objective fact. All anti-Yuna threads must be closed. All anti-another skater threads should stay up. Et cetera. Shall I continue my summary? :p

You put different labels on the same thing: when the opinion is in favor if Yuna, it's saying objective facts. When the opinion is not, it's making up lies. You don't even consider the possibility that some people can think that Adelina won objectively without calling them liars and judges- corrupted. It's pathetic. Differents standards are always pathetic. Do you get now why Yuna fandom gets mocked? Because you can't deal with different opinion without calling the poster bot and troll. Ironically this approach doesn't make Yuna any favor- you, her fans, make her look weak, like an athlete who can't play equal and therefore requires different standards.
:rofl: So you already had your answers-you know better than me, why do you bother to ask? And those pictures were NOT released by KSU, it was spotted by a camera that was broadcasting. KSU actually never did anything, and I doubt if they are actually capable of something. So what more do you want? And stop twisting words, it doesn't make you look any reasonable you know.
You are seriously telling me that KSU is going to file what they presented to media? That there were Russian and Ukranian judges on panel? Did KSU find out 60 days ago that Russia and Ukraine are ISU members and therefore their judges can be selected by drawing an any ISU event? Hugging Adelina? Japanese judge was talking to Hanyu. Did Canada too file complain about that? :laugh:

The poster said KSU filed complain on 10th http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...roversy-Thread&p=913122&viewfull=1#post913122 didn't provide any link though. Five days have passed. No news from ISU. If the complain exists, they must notify Russians as interested party. Something tells me that those wouldn't be quiet if they indeed got anything from ISU. Any news from Russian media on topic? No? I thought though.

nimi

Medalist
She doesn't like Yuna, her fans and her country. :eek:hwell:.
The poster in question made me discover the beauty of "ignore" function. While most of her posts seem to concern Yuna, she also seems very offended by the fact that Guinness Book of World Records ackowledged Mao's and Yuzuru's SP scores and that in Japan there is an exhibition dedicated to Mao that has reportedly attracted a lot of visitors. I cannot help but think that there might be a recurring theme here that has something to do with Asian skaters and the recognition they get. :eek:hwell:

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
The poster in question made me discover the beauty of "ignore" function. While most of her posts seem to concern Yuna, she also seems very offended by the fact that Guinness Book of World Records ackowledged Mao's and Yuzuru's SP scores and that in Japan there is an exhibition dedicated to Mao that has reportedly attracted a lot of visitors. I cannot help but think that there might be a recurring theme here that has something to do with Asian skaters and the recognition they get. :eek:hwell:
You seem know a lot about my posts for someone claiming using "ignore" function. :laugh:
1. I wasn't offended by Guiness Records. Your assumption is your problem. I said I think Mao doesn't need this Guiness farce.
2. My post doesn't say any single word about her exhibition. I am actually planning to visit one myself when they are here. My post was about money that JSF takes from skaters http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...on-opening-day&p=914591&viewfull=1#post914591
3. I am from Asia myself.
4. Now prove that you indeed use "ignore" function.

nimi

Medalist
4. Now prove that you indeed use "ignore" function.
I noticed you can temporarily disable it by a single click - I am getting really good at it! :)

Oh, so you were just concern trolling Mao who is in the grips of the evil Japanese federation, and you save all your trolly trolling for Yuna/Korea? Sorry, my bad! *back to ignore mode*

Jewels

On the Ice
You are seriously telling me that KSU is going to file what they presented to media? That there were Russian and Ukranian judges on panel? Did KSU find out 60 days ago that Russia and Ukraine are ISU members and therefore their judges can be selected by drawing an any ISU event? Hugging Adelina? Japanese judge was talking to Hanyu. Did Canada too file complain about that? :laugh:

The poster said KSU filed complain on 10th http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...roversy-Thread&p=913122&viewfull=1#post913122 didn't provide any link though. Five days have passed. No news from ISU. If the complain exists, they must notify Russians as interested party. Something tells me that those wouldn't be quiet if they indeed got anything from ISU. Any news from Russian media on topic? No? I thought though.

No lol it was you who brought it up, sorry if you couldn't catch my sarcasm. :laugh: If you haven't understand, I'll tell you again, I don't expect anything from KSU at all. And I knew that it would be hard to do anything about the result in the first place. Also, since Yuna's satisfied now, I'm not one of those people who scream for re-judging. She doesn't have to prove that she's a great skater by winning another gold. So if you're trying to make me frustrated with what's going on with KSU and ISU, I'm sorry, I've never had any interest.
You know what? I'm so tired of this. I can't even understand what you want to say. I don't care if you hate Yuna, or her fans, or Korea. It seems nothing I say can change your mind anyway. Oh you don't even have to admit that, and from now on, I won't care if you call all the Koreans and Yuna fans as pathetic and ignorant people, because I know that I've never bashed other skaters or their fans, so I don't have any reasons to be irritated. You can be a hater, oh I'm sorry, an 'objective' person you want to be, I just don't want to be included anymore. So bye bye :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, but there are many people who think that there was no robbery... I'm not suggesting ! I take a brute fact without giving twisted interpretation. So, if I hug in public a President, does it mean I am her mistress ?
Comparisons are often inaccurate and misleading, yours is the worst sophism.

I wasn't even disagreeing with you, in fact maybe the opposite. My position has been clear since day one of this thread. While I am a big fan of Yuna my obsessive passion as you put it lies somewhere in Russia. http://instagram.com/p/mJypVDELQ1/

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
No lol it was you who brought it up, sorry if you couldn't catch my sarcasm. :laugh:
I didn't. It was KSU who gave this information to media. I am glad that you find their point as sarcastic. We are making a progress here.
I can't even understand what you want to say.
Koreans don't have a case. Under rules and procedure of DC ISU. Calling it racist won't change anything. DC ISU regulations were created for everyone. If they don't give Koreans the case, if doesn't make them racist. It makes them equal for everyone. Something that you guys can't catch up. :p

Petitefleur

Spectator
to Jenm and Sam-Skwantch: thank you for the clarification. I didn't read all the comments !
When I talked about obsession, it is because this passionate and fierce debate is lasting on several discussions since late February !
I do not have to give directions, of course, but it's perhaps time to stop the sterile and acrimonious "who was the best" "who deserve the gold" debate. Opinions are divided. At most, we wait for the ISU answer to the Korean federation .They have the right to ask questions , but the arguments advanced by the Korean federation in my opinion seem irrelevant, and I am pretty sure that the answer logically will not appeal to fans of Yuna.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...1_1_yuna-kim-sochi-olympics-alla-shekhovtseva
The Korean federation is still preparing to file a formal complaint with the International Skating Union over the judging of the women's figure skating competitions at the Sochi Olympics. "unfair judging", "suspicions of bias by other judges", they tip especially the russian judge because... she congratulated "openly " AS just in front of the cameras !
They tip the fact that some of the judges have changed for the ladies free program! But it is the case for all the other free programs ! ...there were 3 changes for the ladies free program and 4 changes for the men free program. Results in the ladies events were pretty closed and the difference in the free program was in TES. Note that the short program panel of judges noted Adelina 0.28 (which is nothing) less than Yuna ... should the short program panel of judges also be involved in the alleged cheating ?

usethis2

Medalist
Blah-blah-blah.
1. There is always controversy when Yuna doesn't win
2. Her fans are always upset, bitter and pissed off to bash other skaters even when she wins
3. Other skaters fans are all bots and trolls
4. Every official in KSU, ISU or God's office should be fired because Yuna didn't win in Sochi
5. The sport is dead because Yuna's competitive career is dead
End of story :laugh:

So no news from ISU?

1. There was a fraud in Sochi. It had nothing to do with Yuna winning but it had everything to do with a Russian girl (did not matter which one) not falling on her butt.

2. This thread has been quite productive if you ignore certain posters who are, frankly, disgusting in many ways. Other than those, emotional posts are few.

3. Interesting observation there because from what I've seen in this forum the pejorative tag "bots" were most often directed to Yuna/Mao fans. (what's interesting is that Sotbots/Putinbots don't seem to have anything nice to say about Adelina - most of their arguments are absurd passive-aggressive ones involving Yuna and her fans :confused: )

4. Corrupted officials with incompetence as well as conflicts of interest should be barred from judging.

5. The sport is a joke due to Russian Federation's transparent manipulation in its zeal to kiss Putin's butt. The whole Olympics were a joke and figure skating was a collateral damage. Victims are not Yuna (geez, that girl seems to have it all) but all the skaters and fans, including those short-sighted ones for whatever nationalistic fervor they subscribe to, and including those with "dual loyalties."

LOL indeed.

usethis2

Medalist
Korean federation is laying a ground work to pull off the exactly the same sort of stuff that Russian federation did in Sochi, come 2018. Sad state of affairs. And really irritating and upsetting because the upcoming Russian girls are way more talented than Adelina "the favorite" Sotnikova.

Petitefleur

Spectator
1. There was a fraud in Sochi. ... The whole Olympics were a joke and figure skating was a collateral damage. Victims are not Yuna (geez, that girl seems to have it all) but all the skaters and fans, including those short-sighted ones for whatever nationalistic fervor they subscribe to, and including those with "dual loyalties."
I don't share these ideas. Is this a joke! You assert without proof that there was a fraud. Then you denigrate everything in the OG , including organization and the athletes who participated .There were in Sochi the most beautiful ceremonies , with an artistic quality at the highest level. All competitions (olympic games, paralympics games) were interesting to watch, and I enjoyed what I saw.

usethis2

Medalist
It's been about 2 weeks since I last visited this thread so I quickly glanced through the past few pages. And to no one's surprise (at least not me) the distractors desperately want this thread to die or to be closed. They have nothing to contribute but say the thread became a "joke." Yet they can't seem to contain themselves and keep coming back to it. :biggrin:

But of course they do not think this is a joke. They very well know that this is a dark page in FS history with certain individual highlights. If they truly do not care about this issue or think it is a "joke," they would not visit this thread, period. How do I know that? Because I do not go to Jessica Alba's fan forum to argue that Jennifer Lawrence is prettier than her. No one has that kind of time or motive to devote on a subject issue that do not appeal to them. (except for perhaps one or two members who appear to have no lives - a true bot perhaps? :laugh: )

Petitefleur

Spectator
usethis2 : "And to no one's surprise (at least not me) the distractors desperately want this thread to die or to be closed."
- do you pretend to speak for everybody ?!
usethis2:" They have nothing to contribute but say the thread became a "joke." Yet they can't seem to contain themselves and keep coming back to it..."
- sorry, but as the thread is still running, is there an objection to have an eye ? and when there are no more relevant contributions but the same grumpy tunes, we can reasonably say "stop"... unless you want to ramble on until the end of the world... which will close the debate will be the answer from ISU to the korean federation, however it seems that the formal complaint is not yet sent and the delay expires 60 days after the event (it seems to me.. must verify)
usethis2 : "If they truly do not care about this issue or think it is a "joke," they would not visit this thread... No one has that kind of time or motive to devote on a subject issue that do not appeal to them"
- of course the subject "was" interesting, the thread itself is not a joke. Assertions without evidence are jokes. And visiting a thread is not squatting the thread !

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I guess they are dumber in the end than the corrupt Russian federation and president who thought they could get away with this so easily.

I know, those evil Russians who sent out a skater with a more intricate program, better spins, and more triples. Thank goodness they didn't get away with it. None of it had to do with Adelina conquering her nerves and capturing the moment. :rolleye:

After thinking about it some, I do think the judges were in a difficult predicament. Adelina almost never skates clean so they really weren't sure how to mark her. Rather than marking her close to Yuna and Caro intentionally, I think Adelina's mark were what they should be relative to what Julia gets for skating clean.

gmyers

Record Breaker
With the names showing an ethnic based collusion and notable prominent fixers the issue of federstions coming together to strip Adelina of the gold would seem to have happened already. People are sure adleina won because of corrupt fixing and that her gold is illegimate and fraud based. Shekhovtseva, balkov, Lakernik, baranova and others must have had communications with Putin and others that because Putin was involved should have been exposed by wiki leaks and snowden.