The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 162 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
arrogance? how is that arrogance?? that's the same lay out when she didn't win in 2011 worlds.. so nice try.. :p
And the same as in 2013 when she won. No changes in her prog for 3 years, no pushing bondaries and no bravery in challenging her limits. Good for this sport that such philosophy lost. I am very happy for coming generations that now they have such example and logo: challenge yourself or you won't be rewarded for name alone.

cooper

Medalist
And the same as in 2013 when she won. No changes in her prog for 3 years, no pushing bondaries and no bravery in challenging her limits. Good for this sport that such philosophy lost. I am very happy for coming generations that now they have such example and logo: challenge yourself or you won't be rewarded for name alone.

so what's arrogance again? she didn't win everything.. :p

at least yuna can be proud of herself without help from her fed doing politics behind the scenes.. :p

hanca

Record Breaker
Judges didn't make Yuna skate the #8th program in terms of difficulty (BV). Yuna chose the simple layout. Judges actually helped her to be with medal, if people are looking for controversy. She "jumped" from #8 BV into #3 TES by GOE and then into #2 in total by PCS. If anyone, Yuna shouldn't be angry with judges. They did a lot to secure her medal. It's a shame that she can't lose with grace like a classy lady.

^ this! :agree:

cooper

Medalist
:confused: Arrogance must always win? What an arrogance to think so.

of course it is.. why bother doing all set of triples if you're winning.. right? but that's not the case here.. she didn't win in the 2011 worlds with miki who didn't have 3-3 in the lp.. or kostner winning 2012 worlds without all set of triples.. or plushenko not doing gp series and just show up in other tounaments..but hey mao bots are only picking yuna because well.. she's yuna.. you didn't bother to call them arrogant.. right?? and if she's really arrogant she could have just let go her 3-3... and don't bother to train.. :sarcasm:

cooper

Medalist
Judges didn't make Yuna skate the #8th program in terms of difficulty (BV). Yuna chose the simple layout. Judges actually helped her to be with medal, if people are looking for controversy. She "jumped" from #8 BV into #3 TES by GOE and then into #2 in total by PCS. If anyone, Yuna shouldn't be angry with judges. They did a lot to secure her medal. It's a shame that she can't lose with grace like a classy lady.

^ this! :agree:

what a make up lie.. can you give me any proof to this at all?? you can't even provide a single proof that yuna is taking her silver medal with bitterness or being angry at the judging.. :rolleye:

and they let secure her a medal?? LOL... :laugh: julia would have been a medalist if she didn't fell.. yuna was the last skater IN THE OLYMPICS..they thought she would have bombed or make mistakes.. but she didn't.. she didn't crumble under pressure.. she skated in front of a hostile crowd.. and yet she delivered..and earned it.. so nice try again.. :p

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
of course it is.. why bother doing all set of triples if you're winning.. right? but that's not the case here.. she didn't win in the 2011 worlds with miki who didn't have 3-3 in the lp.. or kostner winning 2012 worlds without all set of triples.. or plushenko not doing gp series and just show up in other tounaments..but hey mao bots are only picking yuna because well.. she's yuna.. you didn't bother to call them arrogant.. right?? and if she's really arrogant she could have just let go her 3-3... and don't bother to train.. :sarcasm:
If you compare Olympics with wins in Worlds 2011 and 2012, you are not doing Yuna any favor. You make her look more arrogant. That was the lowest events, with poor performances, by Yuna too. Olympics is another matter, there skaters come with challenge, tries to be at their best shape in 4 years, they are targeting Olympics because the Games are always special. It's disrespectful to other skaters to think that in Olympics you can win like at Worlds 2011 or 2012, or like in 2013, that her team was counting on: with easy safe layout, GOE&PCS for name alone and mistakes of other skaters.
Plushenko? Was Yuna 30, with 3 Olympic medals before Sochi and an artificial disc in spinal? Nice try. :p
Yuna's attitude to Adelina at press-conference was very unclassy, if you need one more proof of her unclassy behavior. :disapp:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I thought Adelina was the one who left before the press conference ended while Yu-Na was speaking?

jaylee

Medalist
Yuna was not arrogant, disrespectful to other skaters, or unclassy. Her layout in the SP was the toughest of all three medalists, and she was the only medalist to attempt 2 lutzes in the FS. She did the 3/3 that Kostner did not attempt to do in the FS (and that Adelina did not successfully do in the FS). And no, she didn't get her GOE & PCS by name alone.

If you don't like Yuna, fine. But quit fabricating all these reasons to hate on her. Your propaganda stinks. Maybe just start a hate thread?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Also, Yu-Na wasn't there to make another name or another record. She was there for her juniors and for the future of skating in S. Korea. She also skated there to end her competitive career at a very high note. Also, she wasn't even expecting a medal. She wanted to give us fans/casual viewers/haters two clean performances. I'm so happy that she did! :)

JayW

Final Flight
It is getting ridiculous here. Why have to drug Yuna in, and attack her personally? Yuna and Adelina did nothing wrong before and after the game., both ladies showed classy and graceful behaviors.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I thought Adelina was the one who left before the press conference ended while Yu-Na was speaking?

Yes. Kim and Kostner were both the epitome of class even after being royally screwed over. Adelina acted like an arrogant snotty brat even in the face of a collasal gift she should have been over the moon with joy and appreciation over.

cooper

Medalist
If you compare Olympics with wins in Worlds 2011 and 2012, you are not doing Yuna any favor. You make her look more arrogant. That was the lowest events, with poor performances, by Yuna too. Olympics is another matter, there skaters come with challenge, tries to be at their best shape in 4 years, they are targeting Olympics because the Games are always special. It's disrespectful to other skaters to think that in Olympics you can win like at Worlds 2011 or 2012, or like in 2013, that her team was counting on: with easy safe layout, GOE&PCS for name alone and mistakes of other skaters.
Plushenko? Was Yuna 30, with 3 Olympic medals before Sochi and an artificial disc in spinal? Nice try. :p
Yuna's attitude to Adelina at press-conference was very unclassy, if you need one more proof of her unclassy behavior. :disapp:

olympics?? worlds? what's the difference?? you singled her out because you hate her..she trained hours to prepare for EVERY COMPETITION.. she still went for her 3-3 not an easy 3-3..

and wth?? what did yuna say about adelina in press con?? oh wait.. she said at the end of it that skaters can do whatever they want.. so stop fabricating.. you're trying to paint something that isn't even there.. again give me ONE INTERVIEW that she showed bitterness and being angry to the judges.. i bet you can't even come up with anything while you continue to fabricate and making lies and by making a big deal because you're pissed...yuna has still an OGM.. and managed to end up in the podium in every competition.. :p and at least yuna can be proud that she skated clean back to back without bombing unlike certain skaters who choked.. so try and try and try again.. :p

R.D.

Record Breaker
I DID read a report that Sotnikova walked out on Kim during the press conference and Kim was confused as to why...but was this ever confirmed?

In any case, it's clear to me that all 3 are content/have moved on from this mess. Still, if we don't see significant change to the system as a result of this, there is no hope at all...and my days following skating could be numbered...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I DID read a report that Sotnikova walked out on Kim during the press conference and Kim was confused as to why...but was this ever confirmed?

In any case, it's clear to me that all 3 are content/have moved on from this mess. Still, if we don't see significant change to the system as a result of this, there is no hope at all...and my days following skating may be numbered...

Oops!! You forgot to insult one of the girls and you can't leave out insulting fellow posters. Nice try but no soup for you! Come back one year!

cooper

Medalist

In any case, it's clear to me that all 3 are content/have moved on from this mess. Still, if we don't see significant change to the system as a result of this, there is no hope at all...and my days following skating could be numbered...

yes.. that's correct.. there was even a video on it.. yuna explained it very well.. without saying anything bad at adelina at all..

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yes.. that's correct.. there was even a video on it.. yuna explained it very well.. without saying anything bad at adelina at all..

What could anyone say bad about her getting up especially free of speculation? Maybe there was someone off camera signaling her to get up and follow her. Maybe someone from IOC, Family,Russian Fed, Korean Press, Putin,etc etc etc. No one knows! I don't see why anyone cares. I love Yuna to death but she isn't the most important thing in the world. There could be other things going on that required the OGM'ist to attend. Can we let non-sense like this go?

R.D.

Record Breaker

Have you a link? Not trying to be confrontational but I'm genuinely interested in what happened here.