Worlds coverage | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Worlds coverage

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I have just checked the app, it say the live stream is avaiavble in my country. But I am not sure if it will be commentary channel or not. I hope it's the ESP stream, I would love to hear the British Eurosport's commentators.
I think that if there is commentary (which I doubt), it would not be the Eurosport stream. I cannot find any commentary on the Live+ events.
As I expected, the Worlds are not available in my country, because Eurosport have the rights here. In this case, that's perfectly fine by me, because I can record Eurosport HD during the work day, and watch in the evenings. Just need to avoid spoilers. ;-)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think that if there is commentary (which I doubt), it would not be the Eurosport stream. I cannot find any commentary on the Live+ events.
As I expected, the Worlds are not available in my country, because Eurosport have the rights here. In this case, that's perfectly fine by me, because I can record Eurosport HD during the work day, and watch in the evenings. Just need to avoid spoilers. ;-)
Will there be any Bristish commentary? I love their commentators so much, they are always encouraging and infomative.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Will there be any Bristish commentary?
On British Eurosport, sure (and other Eurosport regions can also offer dual audio streams, local language and British).
But I honestly don't know if EBU / Live+ offer any commentary streams. So far, I haven't come across any yet, anyway.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If the video has British commentary, would you mind sharing with us? Like uploading the clips. Lol I know I am asking too much. Still:eek::

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm sure some folks will post clips to youtube, but for a variety of reasons, that won't include me, sorry.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
CBC program page does not work anymore. It keeps loading... Apparently they have some programs recorded that are showed in the afternoon, and direct transmissions in the middle of the night. I am not sure if during night it would be the full program. I doubt. All the information I have is from their advertising. I can also check the programs a few days ahead on the cable box. Apparently CBC changed their original schedule, hopefully for the better.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
CBC program page does not work anymore. It keeps loading... Apparently they have some programs recorded that are showed in the afternoon, and direct transmissions in the middle of the night. I am not sure if during night it would be the full program. I doubt. All the information I have is from their advertising. I can also check the programs a few days ahead on the cable box. Apparently CBC changed their original schedule, hopefully for the better.

Skate Canada has posted the updated CBC Schedule on their website:

CBC Broadcast Schedule: 2014 ISU World Figure Skating Championships

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/3397/language/en-US/Default.aspx

I've found the спорт-2 TV schedule for this week and it's fantastic news!

26th March - Pairs and Men SP will be broadcast live and complete.
27th March - Pairs FS and Ladies SP will be broadcast live and complete.
28th March - Ice Dance SD and Men FS will be broadcast live and complete.
29th March - Ice Dance FD will be broadcast live and complete.

The bad news starts here. There will be no live Ladies FS broadcast because of biathlon and skiing.

However, Eurosport will be showing the entire Ladies FS event live which means that everything is covered (Eurosport will also be showing some other events live plus some highlights).
Eurosport TV Schedule (this is for British Eurosport, you can change the country in the upper-right corner)

YES, YES, YES!

P.S. спорт-2 is accessible on tvteka.com live and on-demand for 36 hours after the original broadcast (it's not geo-blocked). It's $12/month and it's non-recurring so you can just pay for one month. You can probably also find free streams somewhere.
P.P.S. Eurosport is accessible on tvteka.com and through Eurosport Player which last time I checked had a cheap subscription (probably geo-blocked to Europe). And again, there surely will be some free streams around.

charmblade

Final Flight
So this isn't about TV coverage but about live streams, but I just wanted to point out that the ISU skating channel currently has a countdown for live streaming of Worlds, so that looks like a viable option. It is geo-blocked in many areas, but there are ways around that (I use Hola). And for Junior Worlds they had the videos on demand later, so if that do that for Senior Worlds then those of us in the US who can't stay up all night watching skating will be able to watch later. The only odd thing is that according to their countdown, it appears that the streaming coverage starts a little before 10pm Eastern time, while as far as I can tell the actual pairs short competition tonight starts at 9pm Eastern. (Of course this all assumes I did the time zone conversion correctly) So maybe they aren't showing the first couple of groups? That seems like an odd choice if so.

Edit: Nevermind, just checked again and now the countdown seems to indicate it will start just before 9pm Eastern, so they should show the whole thing! Not sure if I'm bad at math or if they fixed it.

DannyCurry

On the Ice
Thanks auser and Winnie_20 for your replies!
It seems the tv in the flat I'm staying at doesn't get either Rai Sport or Eurosport coverage :(
I guess I'll have to wait for the YT links..

Alba

Record Breaker
Hi,
I'm in Italy this week. Is there any Italian broadcast?
Thanks

Eurosport 1

Mercoledì 26 marzo
7:45-12:30 SP MEN (live)
12:30-14:40 SP PAIRS (differita)

Giovedì 27 marzo
7:45-12:30 SP LADIES (live)
12:30-14:40 FS PAIRS (differita)

Venerdì 28 marzo
8:30-9:00 FS PAIRS (replica 30 minuti)
9:00-13:00 FS MEN (live)
13:00-14:30 SHORT DANCE (differita)

Sabato 29 marzo
8:30-9:15 SHORT DANCE (replica 45 minuti)
9:15-13:00 FS LADIES (live)
13:00-14:30 FREE DANCE (differita)

Domenica 30 marzo
7:00-9:45 GALA (live)

Raisport 1

Mercoledì 26 marzo
9:15-12:45 SP MEN (live)
21:00-22:45 SP PAIRS (differita)
22:45 – 0:15 SP MEN (replica)

Giovedì 27 marzo
9:15-12:45 SP LADIES (live)
15:00-16:30 FS PAIRS (differita)
2:00–5:00 SP LADIES (replica)

Venerdì 28 marzo
6:30-8:00 SHORT DANCE (live)
9:15-13:30 FS MEN (live)
13:30-14:30 SHORT DANCE (replica)
1:00-4:40 FS MEN (replica)

Sabato 29 marzo
6:30-8:00 FREE DANCE (live)
9:15-13:30 FS LADIES (live)
18:45-20:20 FREE DANCE (replica)
4:10 FS LADIES (replica)

Domenica 30 marzo
8:00-11:00 GALA

Note: In order to watch Eurospot in Italy you need Sky. The good thing is that you can choose the language and listen to the British commentators.
If you understand italian they're very good as well.

@All in Europe: If you have a satellite ORF SPORT+ is covering ALL the event live.