Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Speaking of "bots," have you notice how cool the Japanese and Korean skating enthusiasts have been this time around, compared to four years ago? I think it is because, like their idols, they are four years older.

I think it's because Yu-Na and Mao didn't have much of a rivalry after that season. Yu-Na already won, so she didn't have to "prove" anything else to the fanatic followers.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Adelina, a 17-year-old girl, looked so over the moon about her hard-fought Olympic gold medal. It was her dream come true. I find it heart-breaking to think her happiness might be crushed by the over the top and mean reaction from people who disagree with the results.

Calling her "Fraudnikova" and wishing her ill. Please people, can we not be human about this? Go ahead and argue about her components stores and GOEs but SHE did NOT rig the results. Again, congratulations to her.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Speaking of "bots," have you notice how cool the Japanese and Korean skating enthusiasts have been this time around, compared to four years ago? I think it is because, like their idols, they are four years older.

I will say that Adelina has done the truly impossible - she has united the warring Mao/Kim factions :laugh:.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Again you have no reading comprehension- where in my post is any bitterness over the result. It's just that I've lost interest in her skating that you've concluded that it's bitterness, you sad trollbot? And why did you post about you being over the moon about Mao- did I ask about that? Why should I care about Mao's result or her fan's feeling?

The vileness by which Yuna fans have malign Adelina leaves no doubt that they you lot are bitter. Someone is so obviously blinded with rage that the've forgotten what they wrote a few posts back and I quote "Sorry that you are blind and bitter (mostly for mao out of contention) to see that." LOL

guanchi

On the Ice
The vileness by which Yuna fans have malign Adelina leaves no doubt that they you lot are bitter. Someone is so obviously blinded with rage that the've forgotten what they wrote a few posts back and I quote "Sorry that you are blind and bitter (mostly for mao out of contention) to see that." LOL
It took you a while, and with obvious effort to post this while saying absolutely nothing at all. That you would use the expression "sorry" as actually implying that I truly care about some fan's feeling, that you somehow infer from my post that I malign this girl, means all is lost with you. You ARE the truly bitter one that your favorite didn't even medal, and are now using Adelina (whose skating you've never cared for at all) as a convenient tool to try to rile other people. But anyone can see through this, but not you.

minze

Medalist
It took you a while, and with obvious effort to post this while saying absolutely nothing at all. That you would use the expression "sorry" as actually implying that I truly care about some fan's feeling, that you somehow infer from my post that I malign this girl, means all is lost with you. You ARE the truly bitter one that your favorite didn't even medal, and are now using Adelina (whose skating you've never cared for at all) as a convenient tool to try to rile other people. But anyone can see through this, but not you.

Leave Mao out your vitrol. Follow the example of other Yuna fans who have been nothing but classy, because they understand IT IS OVER.

guanchi

On the Ice
Leave Mao out your vitrol. Follow the example of other Yuna fans who have been nothing but classy, because they understand IT IS OVER.

Who is truly vitriolic in their posting, oh holier than thou? If you would look beyond your own preaching, then maybe you could see beyond the fog over your eyes. And you, trying to teach fans of other skaters, how to be "classy"...how rich is that?

minze

Medalist
Who is truly vitriolic in their posting, oh holier than thou? If you would look beyond your own preaching, then maybe you could see beyond the fog over your eyes. And you, trying to teach fans of other skaters, how to be "classy"...how rich is that?

Do you understand no need for your hate and vitrol. IT IS OVER. Leave Mao out your bitterness against Adelina. She has nothing to do with it. She was out medal contention since yesterday. Mao fans new that. Do you see any Mao fans making bitter comments. You have the right to be upset about the judging if you want, but don't take it out on Mao making snarky comments about her.

emma

Record Breaker
I will say that Adelina has done the truly impossible - she has united the warring Mao/Kim factions :laugh:.

Ok, didn't expect this one and it truly made me laugh! good one!

On another note, heartfelt congrats to Adelina. Way to conquer nerves, pressure, doubt and some history of "inconsistency" when and where it counted most!
For her concerned fans: don't worry too much about the "negative comments" - surely she is surrounded right now by people who are praising her and allowing her/helping her celebrate.

guanchi

On the Ice
Do you understand no need for your hate and vitrol. IT IS OVER. Leave Mao out your bitterness against Adelina. She has nothing to do with it. She was out medal contention since yesterday. Mao fans new that. Do you see any Mao fans making bitter comments. You have the right to be upset about the judging if you want, but don't take it out on Mao making snarky comments about her.
You are a fool but don't know it. Bitterness means that I harbor animus, hatred, and a grudge against a certain person. I have nothing of that sort regarding some skater- losing interest means the OPPOSITE of having core-rotting negative feelings against something or someone. That I have to explain it to you...well, that's your problem.

hurrah

Medalist
Calling her "Fraudnikova" and wishing her ill.

I wouldn't call Adelina that, but I do think Sochi Olympics should be called Putinlympics, just like Vancouver Olympics should be called Samsunglympics. Is that bad!?

anyanka

Record Breaker
I wouldn't call Adelina that, but I do think Sochi Olympics should be called Putinlympics, just like Vancouver Olympics should be called Samsunglympics. Is that bad!?

Vancouver was more like "Bell Media Games", they were EVERYWHERE. Inescapable. Even the Canadian broadcaster CTV who showed the games is owned by Bell Media.

jaked

Spectator
Deserved win. All of this complaining is a lot of hot air that stems from bias most people have against Russia and its athletes.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
the bots are shameful and will stop at no excuse sadly
swallow the bitter pill and get over it

Will you please shut up with this bots bullsh*t? Calling other skaters' fans bots when you yourself is an obsess Gracie Gold fan. Putting her name in every single thread possible. Just STOP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
hopefully in the next few days
all the multiple/bots/suspicious accounts will be gone

cant believe new dummy accounts are still here :rolleye:
cursing and foul language is not allowed on the forum

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/15816.html

Adelina Sotnikova : I was angry that I was not included in the Team Event , and said to myself, I will get a medal in the individuals !

- Very upset that you did not include in the team competition ?

- I really wanted to act in the team tournament , because I knew we would have a medal. When I learned that I did not have , I was very upset . In my heart I was very disgusted . But I started to get upset because I had a goal . And I made ​​it ! Maybe it's even better that I did not act as a team. It helped me a lot - I was angry , and won the gold medal .

- Today you have left to keep fighting for silver or gold?

- I went out to fight for the gold, because the gap between the first place was very small. I knew that if skate clean, everything is possible. But during rolling I did not think you need to go for the gold, I think you need to skate clean, do all the elements as I am able. And I did it.

- I think that you have a technical advantage over rivals ?

- When I skated the entire program, I knew that I will stand on the podium , but it is unclear at what point . And when I saw the assessment and realized that won the technical parts , I do not believe it. Honestly .

Antilopa

On the Ice
All top-3 ladies were amazing yesterday. So any result would have left someone dissatisfied.

katymay

Medalist
First of all: I feel the right girl won. But here is why I think she was a tad overmarked:

Normally she falls apart. Normally, in competition, midway through her program...you start to groan. When that didn't happen-well, it is like someone who is mentally disabled suddenly speaking Latin or doing Calculus. You tend to be so surprised that yes, I think many judges tend to overscore.

Also, in a way, I felt like this was Tara/Michelle revisited. Judges are human, and they are affected by the sense of excitement and energy of the skater on the ice. As beautiful as Yuna Kim is, I was underwhelmed by her program. (I do hope though, that in the future, Yuna puts out a DVD on jumping technique for young skaters...no one has better jumping tech then Yuna) Adelina, in contrast, had massive energy throughout the program.