Exhibitions? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Exhibitions?

My first post! Glad I found this place.

I am making it a point to be with my 96YO mom at her nursing home for the NBCSports live showing.

I watched the ladies' short live with her and we are having such fun talking on the phone while watching the live skating.

Plus, I am getting a kick out of the Tara/Johnny duo (plus Terrence), so I want to hear everything they have to say for the Gala.

Welcome, Melly! I used to watch skating with my mom, and it made the experience extra-special. I'm sure we'll all see some lovely skating, and it will be so great to see people like Carolina skate purely for enjoyment and for their fans.

I'm imagining what the ice dancing will look like. The competition was so wonderful that it's hard to anticipate anything that can top it. And if we're lucky, we'll get to see Daisuke and Mao by special invitaion. Fingers are crossed!

LRK

Record Breaker
obviously I do, or I wouldn't have asked the question. :confused: why even ask such an odd (and rude) question?

What people mean when they say "Who cares?" is of course "I don't care, and therefore neither should anyone else." Even if used in daily speech, and among kindred spirits, I for one avoid it on an internet forum for that reason....

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Welcome, Melly! I used to watch skating with my mom, and it made the experience extra-special. I'm sure we'll all see some lovely skating, and it will be so great to see people like Carolina skate purely for enjoyment and for their fans.

I'm imagining what the ice dancing will look like. The competition was so wonderful that it's hard to anticipate anything that can top it. And if we're lucky, we'll get to see Daisuke and Mao by special invitaion. Fingers are crossed!

Re Asada and Takahashi:
If the gala line-up is firm (as would be reasonable to assume), then they are included -- see post #23 on page 2 of this thread for the link to the skate order showing their names. So if you have access to wall-to-wall coverage of the gala, sit back and enjoy. :)
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?49273-Exhibitions&p=867879&viewfull=1#post867879

ETA, re "reasonable to assume:"
:eek: I hope I did not jinx Radionova. Простите. Forgive me.​

figuristka

Medalist
If Dai and Mao are skating together and Adelina and Yuzuru, then looking forward to seeing Patrick and Yuna skating together again. Yes Yuzuru looked not so comfortable with Adelina yet LOL.

Amei

Record Breaker

I agree; I question that she is healthy enough to skate at the Olympics exhibition (I would rather see someone that competed at the games vs. a home-country's up & comer) that is tomorrow, but not the Jr. Worlds that's in March. I mean I understand in exhibition she is not going to have to do a bunch of jumps like she would in competition but it still looks really bad.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What people mean when they say "Who cares?" is of course "I don't care, and therefore neither should anyone else." Even if used in daily speech, and among kindred spirits, I for one avoid it on an internet forum for that reason....

I know what's meant by it, and it's rude.

chloepoco

Medalist
I just love Carolina and was so happy that she finally has an Olympic medal. She has had a long rather up and down career, but now she has a World title and an Olympic medal.

Carolina is such a sweetie!! Love the little clip of her and Mao :)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
That video was adorable, so nice to see everyone happy and relaxed after the competition. Mao waltzing with Dai and Yuzu is precious. Yuzu looked really awkward with Adelina though!

Really? I thought the exact opposite that Yuzu looked really relaxed and cute with Adelina.

Mao and Caro being cute at the exhibition practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM1e3pfldA4

What a great video. And one of the reporters is Shizuka! I'm always happy to see her.

The video underscores the fact that these skaters spend a lot of time together and can often form friendly ties off the ice. I remember that Michelle Kwan and Irina Slutskaya supposedly got along very well. Maybe we fans could learn a thing or two from this.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Anyone can provide a live streaming for the gala? (It starts within 30 minutes right?)

There's no need to panic just yet - the Gala doesn't start for another 2h 15m!

But, since it is in my mind, I will tell you now that although the BBC are not showing the Gala on the TV LIVE, they WILL be showing it LIVE on the website, from 16:25 - 19:00 GMT. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

If you prefer to watch it on the TV later on, there will be full delayed ("as-live") coverage on BBCi1 from 22:00 - 00:30 GMT tonight.

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 1"​

I'll post a reminder in the TV Schedule thread nearer the time.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan