Exhibitions? | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Exhibitions?

Artistry

On the Ice
Sotnikova’s whole number and costume and props: what the ****? Tacky!

Davis and White, Yulia: beautiful

dardar1126

On the Ice
P&B from France..she reminds me of a young Natalie Wood and he looks a bit like the actor Michael Vartan.

Now wasting time with a filmed segment on the Trans-Siberian railroad...WE WANT FIGURE SKATING! :mad:

figuristka

Medalist
CBC showed most skaters but on tv they missed out Machida and didn't show any single's skater ice dancing. Is it at the end? Hoping to see some pairing up.Like Patrick with Mao. Highlight for me was V/M, never get tired of "stay" almost felt sentimental as they skated it. Their chemistry is unmatched and they create something special on the ice. D/W it was as if they skated a program that was suppost to be made for V/M. They don't do it so well.

V/T i love that song. Why was he wearing that though, is there something about the meaning of the music i don't know?

out4dolo

Rinkside
well…my program lied….it just said "gala" only for this whole hour…but no….now they goto snowboarding...:confused:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Guess what, people? The world and the Olympics do not revolve solely around figure skating.

I for one appreciate whatever NBC is showing of the skating gala in the midnight show. Of the five performances so far, I have loved three. And Pang/Tong's and Asada's brought me to tears.

delray1977

Rinkside
Thank god they showed Live coverage because I am ready to kick NBC. They have been atrocious with the primetime coverage of it these games.

out4dolo

Rinkside
the program guide stated it was all gala…thus making one assume ok…this will just be gala for the hour so maybe they will show most of it for the hour, on top of that Costas alluded to it being that way.

so when one is confused as to why it isn't, then one is justified.

NickIL

Spectator
I am a novice relative to figure skating and much of the music utilized by various olympians. Can someone please help with this question: Watching Bronze Medalist Carolina Kostner perform this evening in the exhibitions, her routine began with what classical music? I have heard the music often but can not find it. Thanks in advance.

dardar1126

On the Ice
Guess what, people? The world and the Olympics do not revolve solely around figure skating.

True, but they could cut the meaningless chit-chat and have more time to show more sports AND more figure skating.

I for one appreciate whatever NBC is showing of the skating gala in the midnight show.

You're very kind, but you're settling for crumbs. We serve the full meal. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Back to skating with V&M...very nice program to Rihanna.

EDIT2: Carolina skated to Scheherazade.

out4dolo

Rinkside
oh man…Virtue and Moir's gala was so good….dam! also, I really like the Rihanna's song already so…that kinda made it even better.

I'm so glad they are showing extra programs in this later hour on NBC. The programs have been wonderful. I loved P/B's Dirty Dancing routine--a great translation onto ice of the original movie dance.

Mao's music was especially poignant and layered. Though it was a jaunty interpretation (that was perfectly calibrated, so charming!), the first song was a classic composed by (of all people) Charlie Chaplin, "Smile."

Edited: It occurs to me that copyright issues might apply if I show the lyrics, so let me paraphrase them. They say that you should smile though your heart is aching or even if it's breaking, and that if you do, the sun may shine again. It's a wonderful song. It's perfect for what Mao went through and triumphed over in this Olympics. And it wasn't really planned, because who could have anticipated either her disastrous short program or her transcendentally victorious free skate?

I thought that Julia Lipnitskaia's program was delightful, and I can see the quality of her skating. I'm not so fond of that really bendy leg-up-to-her-ear move, but her flexibility also makes for a truly spectacular Ina Bauer, one of my favorite moves in all of skating. She has wonderful precision and flow, and I think she will end up as one of my favorites of the next quadrennial.

And oh, Pang and Tong. Can pairs skating get any more beautiful?

Davis/White and Virtue/Moir: two glorious programs, each so different from what they gave us during the competition. Whatever will we do without them? The room will be empty when these two unparalleled couples depart. Don't ask me to choose between them. I'm greedy and want them both.

dardar1126

On the Ice
Davis/White and Virtue/Moir: two glorious programs, each so different from what they gave us during the competition. Whatever will we do without them? The room will be empty when these two unparalleled couples depart. Don't ask me to choose between them. I'm greedy and want them both.

I agree. Each team pushed the other to be truly great. :yes:

Now Patrick Chan.

Nan

Rinkside
Davis and White were exquisite, eloquent and beautiful. To have the Russian Orchestra record this music especially for them is quite a honor.