Exhibitions? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Exhibitions?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Has an order of skate been shown for the Gala yet ?.
Or do we have to wait for the day ?.

Most of the Olympic gala line-up (in order) is posted here:

Tip o' the hat to pani at FSU.

ETA, cross-posting from another gala thread:

The list includes the top five from the individual competitions for each discipline + Daisuke Takahashi + Mao Asada. (Placements from the team event do not confer eligibility, it seems.)
Plus a few Russian non-Olympians, such as Radionova and Stepanova/Bukin.​

rollerblade

Record Breaker
They had to learn new choreography for the gala? Sounds like a SYTYCD Vegas boot camp. :laugh:

Happy to see everyone smiling! Yuzu is so tiny standing next to the ladies.

Elaine

On the Ice
My little hope.... is there any possibility Elena will show up at the gala? I really love her EX, that Zombie dance:love:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
My little hope.... is there any possibility Elena will show up at the gala? I really love her EX, that Zombie dance:love:
Take a look at golden411's post above. The linked image on twitter shows the schedule - and apparently, Radionova will be there. No guarantee she'll do the zombie dance though :-D

Great to see all those extra "invitation" performers: Lipnitskaya, Bobrova/Soloviev, Machida, Pang/Tong, Asada, Pechelat/Bourzat, Takahashi, Radionova, Gold, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Fernandez...

Would have loved to see one or more of: Jason Brown, Misha Ge, Tomas Verner, Zhiganshina/Gazsi, Capellini/Lanotte, Kaetlyn Osmond in there too though :-D They're all such great entertainers!

Elaine

On the Ice
Take a look at golden411's post above. The linked image on twitter shows the schedule - and apparently, Radionova will be there. No guarantee she'll do the zombie dance though :-D

Great to see all those extra "invitation" performers: Lipnitskaya, Bobrova/Soloviev, Machida, Pang/Tong, Asada, Pechelat/Bourzat, Takahashi, Radionova, Gold, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Fernandez...

Would have loved to see one or more of: Jason Brown, Misha Ge, Tomas Verner, Zhiganshina/Gazsi, Capellini/Lanotte, Kaetlyn Osmond in there too though :-D They're all such great entertainers!

Thank you!! I'm happy to see her again this season and really hope she will do the zombie dance :yay:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That video was adorable, so nice to see everyone happy and relaxed after the competition. Mao waltzing with Dai and Yuzu is precious. Yuzu looked really awkward with Adelina though!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think they looked cute together. Anyway, this exhibition will be great. All my favourites are going to be there AND Elena Radionova, a present come early, I'm so happy we get to see her. (Ok, I would also loved to see Love Dance from Akiko and also Kanako, but you can't have everything)

elif

Medalist
I think they looked cute together. Anyway, this exhibition will be great. All my favourites are going to be there AND Elena Radionova, a present come early, I'm so happy we get to see her. (Ok, I would also loved to see Love Dance from Akiko and also Kanako, but you can't have everything)

I'm curious about how much she grow longer and If so, she had jumps still?

altuixde

On the Ice
Cross-posting from another gala thread:

Programming note for U.S. viewers of the NBC network telecasts (not NBCSN):
Seems that gala coverage will be included in both the late-night and primetime shows on Saturday (Feb 22).
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...in-gold-medal-final-fri-feb-21-at-87c-on-nbc/

8 p.m. – 11:05 p.m. ET/PT
~ Men’s Alpine Skiing – Slalom Gold Medal Final
~ Four-Man Bobsled – Competition
~ Figure Skating – Gala
~ Men’s Snowboarding – Parallel Slalom Gold Medal Final
~ Men’s Speed Skating – Team Pursuit Gold Medal Final
~ Women’s Speed Skating – Team Pursuit Gold Medal Final​

Midnight – 1 a.m. ET/PT
~ Figure Skating – Gala

Will the NBC midnight broadcast of the gala be the same as the NBC prime time broadcast? Or will they show more skaters at midnight? For the 2010 Olympics gala, NBC didn't show many skaters at all.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Will the NBC midnight broadcast of the gala be the same as the NBC prime time broadcast? Or will they show more skaters at midnight? For the 2010 Olympics gala, NBC didn't show many skaters at all.

I am pretty sure the only US channel that will air the Gala live and in its entirety is NBCSN
which will air 2/22 12:30 P.M.-2:30 P.M. ET. Live streams from other countries may carry the Gala also.

The repeat of the Gala at Midnight will be a re-broadcast of NBC Prime Time and usually they do chack a lot of of skaters.

altuixde

On the Ice
Thanks, demarinis. :)

But *sigh*, I don't have NBCSN, so I'll just have to hope that the skaters I want to see don't get Chacked. Oh, and I'll also try to watch another country's live stream.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am pretty sure the only US channel that will air the Gala live and in its entirety is NBCSN
which will air 2/22 12:30 P.M.-2:30 P.M. ET. Live streams from other countries may carry the Gala also.

The repeat of the Gala at Midnight will be a re-broadcast of NBC Prime Time and usually they do chack a lot of of skaters.

Caveat:
Throughout the Games, the NBC broadcast network (not NBCSN) has had a relatively short late-night telecast with original programming -- which is not to be confused with the primetime encore telecast that starts after the late-night broadcast.​

The Saturday night primetime encore broadcast will air from 1 a.m. – 4 a.m. ET/PT (technically, in the wee hours of Sunday morning) --and is distinct from NBC's midnight broadcast on Saturday night.
[ETA, source: the same NBC link above.]​

That said, I agree that it is impossible for the NBC network telecasts (again, I mean the broadcast network, not NBCSN) to show the gala in entirety. And what they do show obviously will not be live.

Only my speculation:
I think that chances are that NBC's hour-long midnight telecast will devote more time to gala coverage than the primetime telecast will -- even if the midnight show uses a small amount of time for other sports not indicated in the midnight listing. The three-hour primetime telecast will include five other sports (not to mention all the breaks for advertisements), so you do the math.
My hunch is that the primetime telecast will include Davis/White and Gold in entirety, plus other headliners of NBC's choice.
Would not surprise me if the midnight telecast re-airs at least snippets of the Americans (and possibly others from primetime) -- and adds partial or full skates of a few other biggies.
Again, only my speculation.​

melly

Rinkside
My first post! Glad I found this place.

I am making it a point to be with my 96YO mom at her nursing home for the NBCSports live showing.

I watched the ladies' short live with her and we are having such fun talking on the phone while watching the live skating.

Plus, I am getting a kick out of the Tara/Johnny duo (plus Terrence), so I want to hear everything they have to say for the Gala.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
My first post! Glad I found this place.

I am making it a point to be with my 96YO mom at her nursing home for the NBCSports live showing.

I watched the ladies' short live with her and we are having such fun talking on the phone while watching the live skating. ....

Lovely first post, melly. How wonderful that your mother is going strong at 96 :bow: :love: -- and that she and you are enjoying the skating together :popcorn: :cool:. Give her a big hug for us. Best to you both. :)

And pls come back and tell us who her favorites and yours were.