Short Program
1. Asada 34.91
2. Sotnikova 30.85
3. Julia 29.78

Long Program
1. Asada 68.79
2. Julia 60.52
3. Sotnikova 60.47

Is it really possible to achieve such a DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT in PCS?

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Sotnikova got 35.55 for SP and 74.41 for LP in Sochi.

Compared to GPF ... Sotnikova did 18.64 better in total PCS.

Is it really possible?

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
TES can fluctuate 20 points depending on how well a skater jumped.

But PCS is for Skating Skill, Choreography, Interpretation of music and How beautiful the skate is...

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Sotnikova beat Gracie Gold almost 10 points in TOTAL PCS.
10 points represent 2 flip jumps.

Was Sotnikova's program that much more beautiful than Gracie Gold's?

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Sotnikova's PCS should be around at Gracie Gold's at best.

Personally, I will give about 5 points more to Gracie than Sotnikova.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Does anybody can provide reasonable explanation...how Sotnikova achieved sky-rocketing PCS
improvement in Sochi?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
PCS in GPF was ********. Julia should have been higher. Adelina's skate was not clean. HOW can you compare those competitions?? Is beyond me. Gracie was scored quite well - if not her mistake, she might have been 3d. Who knows.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
PCS should be exclusive...clean jumping has relatively nothing to do with choreography, interpretation and
how beautiful the overall skate is.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
PCS in GPF was ********. Julia should have been higher. Adelina's skate was not clean. HOW can you compare those competitions?? Is beyond me. Gracie was scored quite well - if not her mistake, she might have been 3d. Who knows.

Pls provide me recent international competitions where Julia and Sotnikova had good PCS...if you want to justify Sochi results.
Even come within 10 points close to Sochi. Including Cup of Russia.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Europeans for once. And also I hope it's not a revelation for you that if you go clean, and your program is difficult, pcs go higher. Especially if you are consistent and improve all season. I don't get this Julia hate..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Was Sotnikova's program that much more beautiful than Gracie Gold's?

A bigger question: was Gracie Gold's individual freeskate with a fall worthy of over 6.5 points higher PCS than Gold's clean team freeskate? :rolleye:

Same with Julia's PCS for her individual FS with a fall and UR-turnout, versus her clean team FS, and the former getting higher PCS. :sarcasm:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think GPF was actually a well-judged competition PCS-wise, only Sotnikova's SP score should have been a bit higher... And this is how Julia should be scored in relation to Mao and Gracie!! :sarcasm:

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Europeans for once. And also I hope it's not a revelation for you that if you go clean, and your program is difficult, pcs go higher. Especially if you are consistent and improve all season. I don't get this Julia hate..

We don't hate Julia. I love Julia... Not more than Yuna or Gracie but I'm talking about inflated PCS not an individual skater.
If PCS goes automatically higher with TES then ...Why do we need PCS?

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
If there's any, investigation should be directed...how the judges came up with sky-rocketing PCS compared to
to previous competitions... only for Russian skaters.

adamlondon

On the Ice
totally agree. how can a skaters pcs improve so dramatically in a matter of two months with literally the same programs and skate. she was averaging 7.5s and became 9.5s in the olymics which beaggrs belief. no other nationalities got that treatment!!

If there's any, investigation should be directed...how the judges came up with sky-rocketing PCS compared to
to previous competitions... only for Russian skaters.