Programs 2014-2015 unofficial preview thread | Golden Skate

Programs 2014-2015 unofficial preview thread

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Along with everyone else, I look forward to Doris Pulaski's trademark annual GS thread for new program information. :yes:

Until then, just making note that maybe we already have the first announcement of music for next season. :popcorn: :cool:

Alexa & Chris
‏@Scimeca_Knierim
We are using selections from the Wizard of Oz for our new free skate. Aren't you all glad vocals are allowed now???
8:37 PM - 21 Feb 2014 from Anchorage, AK
https://twitter.com/Scimeca_Knierim/statuses/437083787118137344

flutzy13

On the Ice

Along with everyone else, I look forward to Doris Pulaski's trademark annual GS thread for new program information. :yes:

Until then, just making note that maybe we already have the first announcement of music for next season. :popcorn: :cool:

Alexa & Chris
‏@Scimeca_Knierim
We are using selections from the Wizard of Oz for our new free skate. Aren't you all glad vocals are allowed now???
8:37 PM - 21 Feb 2014 from Anchorage, AK
https://twitter.com/Scimeca_Knierim/statuses/437083787118137344

Wait the Wizard of oz thing is not a joke?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua Farris is keeping Schindler's List :)

flutzy13

On the Ice
Good for him. That's a really great program. I'd love to see it performed to perfection.

And god am I dreading vocals in singles/pairs. :no:

I doubt we'll see a ton of vocals next season. Most skaters can barely deviate from the same 20 warhorses. I doubt many of them will go out on a limb the first season its an option.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Am I the only one that's kind of excited for vocals in singles/pairs? :slink:

I also want to see if skaters will use music that's from their country. Like for instance, Japanese music for Japanese skaters, Korean music for Koreans, and etc. I thought with Yuna's use of Arirang, people would get inspired to use their country's traditional music. I guess not. :(

Back to topic, does anyone have any info about Jason's programs next year?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^I read in the Jason Brown thread that his new LP will be "dramatic" and that Rohene Ward will still choreograph for him. I'm most excited about his and Yuzuru's new programs this coming season.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
^I read in the Jason Brown thread that his new LP will be "dramatic" and that Rohene Ward will still choreograph for him. I'm most excited about his and Yuzuru's new programs this coming season.

Ah thank you! And I'm with you on the being most excited for them! Maybe Yuzuru will do a light, graceful program to contrast against Jason's dramatic performance ;)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Ah thank you! And I'm with you on the being most excited for them! Maybe Yuzuru will do a light, graceful program to contrast against Jason's dramatic performance ;)

Actually I hope that Yuzuru will have epic and dramatic LP :biggrin: I think it just suits him the best like R&J 1 but ho knows, before I saw PW I was even not able to imagine him in such style so... :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Heck, I still have to finish up last year's list! :bang: It can't be time for a new program thread yet! ;)

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
I'm soooo glad to see Joshua LP again =) I got the chance to watch it only twice and it was never perfect. I think this program is so touching and perfectly fits Farris' sentimental character :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua's also said he's hoping to use lyrics (presumably for his short program), something happier or more upbeat.

Lota

Record Breaker
This season just barely got wrapped up and I'm already sooo looking forward to hearing about the programs for next season... Too bad for me, the wait is gonna be pretty long...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lukas Kaugars dropped a pretty big hint on Twitter today that his short program will be Sinatra...

And people wonder why I idolize Frank Sinatra. Nobody in history was classier. #shortprogram pic.twitter.com/bmtZ0alCGW

GF2445

Record Breaker
Im looking forward to this season. The issue of vocals is still a point of contention but this will nonetheless increase the variety of music we will encounter each season. Having another option is a good thing.