What a week for Michelle. | Golden Skate

What a week for Michelle.

Lotta

On the Ice
The day she set foot on German soil, she never knew what a crazy shocking stressful amusing week she'll have.

It seemed for her everday was like a "WHAT THE F--K!!" or an "OH MY GOD!!" or a "OH DAMN!!!" moment.

Qualifying group, she fell on her lutz and placed third behind two surging Japanese skaters.

On the short program she did absolutely well but placed fourth because of some silly overtiming rule. Then she was ragged by the media and judges and skating leaders about it.

And on her long a streaker comes by, interrupts the mental focus she needed, amuses the crowd, and is taken away. But she laughs about it. She skated fantastic in the long taking home the bronze.

What a week, it was....

Kwanisqueen81

Rinkside
Lotta said:
The day she set foot on German soil, she never knew what a crazy shocking stressful amusing week she'll have.

It seemed for her everday was like a "WHAT THE F--K!!" or an "OH MY GOD!!" or a "OH DAMN!!!" moment.

Qualifying group, she fell on her lutz and placed third behind two surging Japanese skaters.

On the short program she did absolutely well but placed fourth because of some silly overtiming rule. Then she was ragged by the media and judges and skating leaders about it.

And on her long a streaker comes by, interrupts the mental focus she needed, amuses the crowd, and is taken away. But she laughs about it. She skated fantastic in the long taking home the bronze.

What a week, it was....

I agree. That is why I am so happy Michelle WAS able to claim a medal at this years worlds. It just wasn't ment to be. After SLC noothing phases me about Kwan. She is my favorite. Period. I love her. I was so scared for her when that man was on ice before her long program. I didn't care about the results at that time, just that Michelle would be safe. I am so happy she came back and got 6.0s in the process.

Kwan is still the 2004 national Champion and 3rd in the world. I am so proud of her. She has been though every possible circumstances in this sport.

This week must have been stressful for her. And it was been a very difficult worlds for her indeed. What a tough week for her but I am glad she fought her way back to the poidum. :)