Way too many rinkside banners!! | Golden Skate

Way too many rinkside banners!!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Was I the only one who thought there was an EXCESSIVE amount of billboards on the rink walls? In 25 years of watching World Championships (Wow. I just realized that this was my silver anniversary Worlds!!), I have never seen anything quite like it. Until I got used to it, I spent more time wondering exactly what on earth a Smucker's Noncrustable was than enjoying the skating! At times it was really distracting. (Tho I did actually think the sign with the eyeball-like things was kind of cool....)

IDLERACER

Medalist
I thought it was interesting the way Sasha Cohen's short program costume matched the color of alot of those banners. It's weird having a world silver medalist blending in with the scenery like that.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Yeah, and her long program dress was the same color as the ice, so basically Sasha spent most of her Worlds as a disjointed head if you were sitting in just the right place.....:laugh: :laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
"Lord of the Ice!"

We had a good laugh Thursday night when Amazon Princess pointed out the banner that said Plushenko is the "Lord of the Ice". I remembered the old hymn and couldn't help singing, "I'll skate upon an injured knee, I am the lord of the ice, said he..."
That said, great job, Plushy!
Rave

mariana

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
Yeah, and her long program dress was the same color as the ice, so basically Sasha spent most of her Worlds as a disjointed head if you were sitting in just the right place.....:laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: