Winners we all agree upon | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Winners we all agree upon

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm surprised you would even expect anyone to think that. V&T would have to have huge falls in the LP for anyone to even consider S&K deserving the gold. V&T with their usual stellar short are going to have and deserve to have a humungous lead on pretty much everyone other than maybe S&S. Their getting +3s for two throws with a two foot landing and hand down were absurd and proof of the whole fixed Russian Olympic skating competition, and their choreography and interpretation scores for that Jesus Superstar program many found ridiculous as well; but not serious enough to allow S&K to deserve to win the LP, let alone by the 10 points or so to pass V&T. Many feel S&K were overmarked due to the whole fixed Russian Olympics anyway, especialy in PCS given their complete lack of maturity and lack of refinement relative to the more seasoned teams; and there are even some who think they should have finished behind S&S and/or P&T in this competition despite their 2 clean programs.

That's true that V&T have that cushion over the rest of the field minus maybe S&S, but a lot of people on this board and others don't think that's right. People would never say that the gold medal would have gone to S&K (barring V&T spending most of their programs on their backsides), but I thought some might say it should have. I think I only saw one person say this though, and I can't remember where.

Mafke

Medalist
I'm pretty sure there's no one alive who would contests Lysacek's clear as crystal victory in 2010....

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
That's true that V&T have that cushion over the rest of the field minus maybe S&S, but a lot of people on this board and others don't think that's right.

Umm nobody thinks them having a significant cushion on S&K isnt right. Some have a problem in their cushion over S&S that has suddenly formed to the judges in the last year or so, but nobody disputes V&T on a good day are a whole other level than S&K right now. The idea anyone would think S&K should beat V&T for the overall gold medal just due to a couple tiny errors over the 2 programs is crazy. As long as they had their usual short program, V&T would have to skate a LP like Europeans for anyone to think S&K would deserve to beat them (they still wouldnt most likely, I am talking about people disputing the result).

Yes there are people here who think V&T are overscored (and they certainly are) but firm Russian fed. #2 S&K are almost as overscored too, and if anything there are probably some who think they didnt deserve the silver even with S&S falling twice and P&T struggling with their jumps some. Saying you thought people might think S&K should have won with V&T having an almost clean skate, is like saying you think people would believe Duhamel & Radford (probably on their best day perceived as a similar level of team to S&K by fans, if not to judges) should have beaten V&T had D&R gone clean and V&T been almost clean as well.