People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova | Page 14 | Golden Skate

People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova

MiRé

Match Penalty
NOBODY should have to cope with cyberbullying. The "so-and-so should learn to cope with it" attitude sends a terrible message and enables the bullies, which can have awful psychological consequences for those who are bullied. How do you know the other skaters you mentioned coped well with it in the first place? It's not anything they would be likely to tell the media.

If they don't cope with it, what are they gonna do? cry? you're missing a big picture here. There is, and always will be cyber-bullies. It's your loss if you can't deal with it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
NOBODY should have to cope with cyberbullying. The "so-and-so should learn to cope with it" attitude sends a terrible message and enables the bullies, which can have awful psychological consequences for those who are bullied. How do you know the other skaters you mentioned coped well with it in the first place? It's not anything they would be likely to tell the media.

Agreed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If they don't cope with it, what are they gonna do? cry? you're missing a big picture here. There is, and always will be cyber-bullies. It's your loss if you can't deal with it.

Just because someone has to deal with it or is dealing with it doesn't mean they should have too. I disagree it is your loss if you can't deal with it. Many people are bullied and with it we may lose a life due to suicide or a person who is alive but copes butnot reach their full potential because their energies are spent dealing with the bullying we may lose not only a great skate but maybe a leader to bring peace, someone to solve cancer or to teach the blind or help the ill. or.. precious life is lost with bullying. Just because so and so survived bullying imagine how much more they may have been able to give to society if they didn't have to deal with it

Matilda

Medalist
If they don't cope with it, what are they gonna do? cry? you're missing a great picture here. There is, and always will be cyber-bullies. It's your loss if you can't deal with it.

So just because there will always be bullies, we should not try to prevent/reduce bullying? If we follow your logic, we shouldn't try to prevent any other kind of violence either, because there will always be violent people. Lovely.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Just because someone has to deal with it or is dealing with it doesn't mean they should have too. I disagree it is your loss if you can't deal with it. Many people are bullied and with it we may lose a life due to suicide or a person who is alive but copes butnot reach their full potential because their energies are spent dealing with the bullying we may lose not only a great skate but maybe a leader to bring peace, someone to solve cancer or to teach the blind or help the ill. or.. precious life is lost with bullying. Just because so and so survived bullying imagine how much more they may have been able to give to society if they didn't have to deal with it

Of course they shouldn't have to, but IT HAPPENED. So your choices come down to 1. Deal with it or 2. Cry about it. And all I'm saying is choose number 1 because it is the best option currently.

Some people are taking this way too seriously for just one person. If you wanna save more lives, I would be more than happy to give you a link for unicef so you can saved tens, if not thousands of children who are suffering from hunger, illness, and natural disasters. Seeing how some people are extremely against cyber-bullying, donating just ten dollars for ending child hunger would be a piece of cake.

Matilda

Medalist
Of course they shouldn't have to, but IT HAPPENED. So your choices come down to 1. Deal with it or 2. Cry about it. And all I'm saying is choose number 1 because it is the best option currently.

Some people are taking this way too seriously for just one person. If you wanna save more lives, I would be more than happy to give you a link for unicef so you can saved tens, if not thousands of children who are suffering from hunger, illness, and natural disasters. Seeing how some people are extremely against cyber-bullying, donating just ten dollars for ending child hunger would be a piece of cake.

I hope you will never have to suffer from bullying, because you might find that it is not that easy to just "cope with".The human psyche is much more fragile than we like to think.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I hope you will never have to suffer from bullying, because you might find that it is not that easy to just "cope with".The human psyche is much more fragile than we like to think.

And did I say it's not? :rolleye:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia

I dare to guess that bullies' psyche isn't and in case they're reading this forum they probably have great big laugh while writing obscenities in the second window.

I won't lie, I'd love to hear the news about Adeline or her team tracking down and suing some of them rather than just deleting her site but this is up to her, not me or you. If she doesn't want to take the trouble and stand agaiinst cyberbullying herself, then please, explain to me - what difference do your posts make?

Oh dear, I forgot: we all are simply expressing oppinions.

bebevia

On the Ice
I completely agree about how cyberbullying is unjustified. However, the title sounds like Yuna's causing all these and should be responsible. (I see the title has changed.) We didn't ask Mao and Yuna to say something about Yuna/Mao bullying, and I'm happy that they weren't blamed, so why bother asking Yuna to mediate?

Same with Sotnikova. We cannot, should not ask Sotnikova to step up and prosecute judging, or even just the anonymity of the IJS system. She benefited from it, but should not be involved in anything that burdens her the blame that isn't hers.

A very funny thing is that Sotnikova's personal accounts are not very prone (to the extent) to cyberbullying outside Russia. There are many attempts of cyberbullying on FB, but the attackers are badly failing because... the target accounts are not her accounts. We can laugh at those sorry butts, lol. Even Sotnikova herself doesn't acknowledge much yet. Who cares for attacks made inaccessible to the target herself?

On the other hand, Yuna's personal accounts had bullies coming hard on her throughout her career. These were malicious, with "greedy w****", "attention w****", "sh** face", "prost*****" for anything about her finance/fame/career success. I've seen more of that than Sotnikova attacks. I thank her nerve for letting me free of concerns. I was more distracted by Mao attacks since she's sensitive about comments, but she had no open personal accounts - thank God.