Music people should be skating to | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Music people should be skating to

unico

Final Flight
The discussion going on around Lipnitskaya's Mulan FS reminded me of one animated ""children's film"" that had a stunning Oscar-nominated OST (which in my opinion should have won over The Social Network): How to Train Your Dragon by John Powell.

Forbidden Friendship and Test Drive are arguably the best two themes of the entire soundtrack. Beautiful, simple, enchanting, and not in the least bit childish. Romantic Flight and This is Berk aren't shabby either.

For those who watched the Disney short Paperman, I also thought the music was beautiful: here. Nice lighthearted "contemporary" music with great build-up and nice contrasting sections.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. As far as I know, only Angela Wang skated to it on the JGP. There is so much great music in that OST and so many possibilities.

yhmafan

Medalist
Yoko Shimomura is wonderful, sad to say as a North American I haven't heard of Radiant Historia, but as expected the music is top-knotch! Ohhh, how could I have mentioned Shadow of the Colussus OST without mentioning ICO music, what a charming and sad little game. :cry: I love You Were There as well as Castle in the Mist.

Me too. I love Castle in the Mist as well as You Were There. Thank you for mentioning it :agree:

by the way, maybe it is just me but the ICO BOY and the game itself remind me of Yuzuru ....for several reasons XD

creaturelover

On the Ice
The discussion going on around Lipnitskaya's Mulan FS reminded me of one animated ""children's film"" that had a stunning Oscar-nominated OST (which in my opinion should have won over The Social Network): How to Train Your Dragon by John Powell.

Forbidden Friendship and Test Drive are arguably the best two themes of the entire soundtrack. Beautiful, simple, enchanting, and not in the least bit childish. Romantic Flight and This is Berk aren't shabby either.

For those who watched the Disney short Paperman, I also thought the music was beautiful: here. Nice lighthearted "contemporary" music with great build-up and nice contrasting sections.

Absolutely fabulous soundtrack, the soundtrack for the sequel is amazing too!!

icellist

On the Ice
I also wished Mirai could skate to more of Joe Hisaishi's music. Her 09-10 SP was Fragile Dreams by Hisaishi in the beginning and after the first spin turned into pirate's of the Caribbean. His work is really diverse and has so much potential for a great skating program.

Also, I wish more people used William Tell or Sorcerer's Apprentice. My favorite of those two would probably by Stephane Lambiel and Bebe Liang respectively. Actually, I loved most of Bebe Liang's music choices and choreography. Too bad she wasn't consistent.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Also, I wish more people used William Tell or Sorcerer's Apprentice. My favorite of those two would probably by Stephane Lambiel and Bebe Liang respectively. Actually, I loved most of Bebe Liang's music choices and choreography. Too bad she wasn't consistent.

I agree about Beatrisa Liang. Dang that terrible 3flip!!! She was my favorite 'fiery' skater. Her programs were usually to nonstandard music and she was going a mile a minute with programs jam-packed with choreography. I really thought with COP she'd do much better, but it seemed skating was judged by reputational protocol and she never got the second marks she deserved. Sarah Kawahara is a tough choreographer, no wonder she's hardly used for eligible skating!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
LOL, the warhorses are fine by me, b/c their music is great music (otherwise they would not have become warhorses, obviously).

Thus I am pleased that Carmen was the overwhelming choice for Johnny Weir's next exhibition program, according to his survey of his fans.
After more than 12.5K votes were cast, the winner by a landslide was:
“Carmen,” by George Bizet.
Carmen received 5651 votes (45%). :)

(Weir's survey was not a scientific poll of course -- but neither is any other online voting.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
With all the jokes about Jason Brown skating to Samson and Delilah, I want to see him skate to (give me a head with) Hair.

Maybe not for competition, but if he would take down the pony tail, leave it wild and use Hair for his exhibition, I think that would be awesome.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Jason Brown = "Happy" by Pharrell Wililams

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
LOL, the warhorses are fine by me, b/c their music is great music (otherwise they would not have become warhorses, obviously).

Thus I am pleased that Carmen was the overwhelming choice for Johnny Weir's next exhibition program, according to his survey of his fans.
After more than 12.5K votes were cast, the winner by a landslide was:
“Carmen,” by George Bizet.
Carmen received 5651 votes (45%). :)

(Weir's survey was not a scientific poll of course -- but neither is any other online voting.

I'm shocked that it got almost 50% of the vote, since I thought everyone was sick to death of it. I'm sure he will make it interesting, but Tomas Verner already did a campy drag version of sorts, so I hope it's a different take (are there any different takes left to do?).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown = "Happy" by Pharrell Wililams

Agreed, although if you count the final skate-around to Stars on Ice, he (and everyone else at SOI) has done it. :)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I'm shocked that it got almost 50% of the vote, since I thought everyone was sick to death of it. I'm sure he will make it interesting, but Tomas Verner already did a campy drag version of sorts, so I hope it's a different take (are there any different takes left to do?).

I freaking love Tomas Verner. His exhibitions are always entertaining.

nina

Spectator
I would like to see Volosozhar/Trankov skating The Unforgiven (eaither I, II or III part) by Metallica
Rhapsody in rock by Robert Wells (there're about 5 variations) for Gracie, Adelina or Julia Lipnitskaya
Moscow by Boney-M for Javier Fernandez
A fool in love (Tina Turner's song but performed by Olly Murs) for an ice-dancing pair like Kooms/Buckland
Americano by Lady Gaga for a short dance
Send me an Angel by Scorpions
Bad Boys by Bob Marley for Polina Edmunds (as an Ex)
Double Trouble (ost Harry Potter) for an energetic junior girl like Proklova
Desert rose by Sting and Cheb Miami for a mature guy (i'd like to see Takachashi)