Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks! Wonderful article.. great pictures.. they seem so happy and relaxed.. loved it!!

humbaba

Final Flight
NBCSports just posted an article and interview with Madison and Evan. Offers a more detailed discussion on how they view their season and training in Montreal.

It was interesting to get Evan's take on his costumes this season. I've always thought Evan looks best in something more structured; I find his costumes this year a great improvement over the jammies he's been skating in the past few years.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...-look-to-peak-at-worlds-and-return-to-podium/

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
NBCSports just posted an article and interview with Madison and Evan. Offers a more detailed discussion on how they view their season and training in Montreal.

It was interesting to get Evan's take on his costumes this season. I've always thought Evan looks best in something more structured; I find his costumes this year a great improvement over the jammies he's been skating in the past few years.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...-look-to-peak-at-worlds-and-return-to-podium/

I agree, seeing especially his RD costume in person at Mentor Cup I got the impression of more polish and effort given to his image after the change - it is elegant, but not too stiff/prime & proper variation on suit. I like also sleekness and streamline character of his FD costume, golden bowtie effect perfectly matches with Madison's STUNNING golden dress. I have such good feeling regarding them going to Worlds, cannot help it:):):)

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
My favorite RD today... perfection!! fingers crossed for the FD !! :love::dance3::dance3::cheer:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
SO hoping for a podium finish for them but it was not to be....
But the FD was the best imho .. :love:

Bcash

Final Flight
Evan's coming into his own as a performer. Hope to see them back on the podium next year.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^ So nice to hear the Eurosport commentary.

I had my fingers crossed for them at Worlds and they did not disappoint. They performed two great programs and for me
even though they did not podium they were winners and should be proud of their accomplishments since their comeback.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That is special! It is not that common that teams, especially second place teams, repeat with that award. That plus the British giving them credit for " innovative and creative" warmed the sad little spot in my heart where I dared to hope they might make the World podium at least for an FD small medal this year. Otoh, this season's win was their first 4CC win. Perhaps next season worlds will go better for them.

Last edited:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Hoping they get more great programs next season! I think considering all they were able to accomplish in so few competitions this season, Madi and Evan can definitely rise in the rankings again.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
When I talked to them at nationals they were bummed about not being in SOI, but Evan pointed out the positive that they can start working early on their programs for next year. He mentioned especially wanting to come up with new lifts :) I hope they get Skate America to go head-to-head with H/D and take control of US #1 again!

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What a whirlwind season for my favorites. I am so proud of all they accomplished this season under trying circumstances all through the summer and into fall. Their programs were absolutely fantastic this year, I am so optimistic for what M-F and team can do for them going forward. They really did reinvigorate and refresh themselves as a team and it really showed on the ice. They look relaxed, so happy, and skated every competition with such confidence and consistency. They truly do look to be having the time of their lives as Tanith has said. I'm confident the scores and placements will follow all the hard work.

I'm bummed, too, they aren't doing SOI, but if it means more training this summer and work on new programs and elements, I agree with Evan that it's a positive.

It's nice to see their popularity is at an all-time high, it's been a long time coming and is well-deserved.

Looking forward to next season! It can't come soon enough.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited: