elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
That EX is amazing. Rohene is a genius

tulosai

Record Breaker
I also love the exhibition! Madison can be such a sensual performer- there is really no mood she can't sell.

Barb

Record Breaker
I know she looks so sexy. First season that I really like their programs, especially SD and Ex but the FD is very nice too.

Plisskin

Medalist
I have not liked any of this teams programs until now. I LOVE their FD! Can't wait to see this grow over the course of this season.

icekiwi

On the Ice
LP - wow..............I was left speechless at the end of the program. I thought for them to beat the French this year, they would need to skate to something 'classical' yet full of emotion and passion for the LP. There is nothing wrong with watching your competitor and matching them. To top the French's 'Mozart', Igor came up with a 'Rachmaninov' - wow!! And this is one of my all time favorite - 'Rachmaninov Piano Concerto no.2 in C Minor'. Every shape, step and movement was choreographed to match every beat, form and direction of the music - just glorious and so.......romantic too. Maddison's back is so soft - watch the beginning and ending. She gets into the lifts and postures with such ease and softness. A complete dancer should have dancer's fingers, both Evan and Maddison have lovely dancers' fingers (unlike a certain Canadian team where the male skater has terrible 'banana' fingers - it was even picked up by one of the British commentators). The costumes were gorgeous - beautiful colour and flowy so matching to the music. It would have been better to have Maddison's briefs matching the colour of her dress, the 'pink' doesn't go with the colour of the dress. I am sure there was an easy explanation on the day.

SP - The most complicated and difficult routine compared to others. A lot of tight hold and skating together to fast music. Another innovative idea from Igor. Again, the costumes and choreography is unique and matching. For the 'Polka' part, I think they probably just miss 2 of the beats, hence the marks. Of course, with more time, training and more of the 'little' things choreographed into the dance, it will be another perfect program. It will be glorious, like their 'Paso Doble' last year. Theirs were the best 'Paso' last year and the judges rightfully put them in 1st place at Worlds after the SP. The costumes, as usual, suit them perfectly and Maddison just shines in it.

I am blown away. Their LP is the program to beat this year. 'Rach' it, baby!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They are using a new SD program at Skate America:

SD "More" by Andrea Bocelli and "Unchained Melody" by Il Divo

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I'm really looking forward to this one. I love music with connections to Italian opera, and Unchained Melody never gets old (for me).

icekiwi

On the Ice
I just couldn't wait to see the new SD and the 'more polished' Rachmaninov!!!

I was reading some interviews with 'Antonio Najarro', who choreographed their SD 'Paso' last year where he said he can distinguish which skaters have been choreographed by actual Flamenco/Paso Doble dancers and which are just being choreographed by 'skater' choreographers. That is exactly how I felt last year with the different pairs' SD Paso, Maddison and Evan's were the most authentic and which every detail of the culture was captured - just Picture Perfect!!

I am literally hanging around the 'Skate America' thread all day to hear the latest news.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Interested to see their new SD. I liked the last one, so I guess I'll see if I like this one too.