Stars on Ice - any chance new Russians will be there? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice - any chance new Russians will be there?

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm going to the Long Island show on Sunday. Today while checking out the SOI website I just realized Davis & White will be skating their Scheherazade program for one of their numbers. I'm very excited to see it in person!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
They take out the twizzles and replaced them with one of the lifts from Samson and Delilah, in terms of major changes.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read recently that Sasha was engaged. She's probably busy planning her wedding.

Barb

Record Breaker
I read recently that Sasha was engaged. She's probably busy planning her wedding.

I am impressed with Sasha, looks as she is studying a real career. And about her wedding, it is true? If her boyfriend is the guy of her photos in instagram he is super hot :thumbsup:

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States

I believe that might have been an April fools prank, I haven't seen any confirmation about an engagement. Sasha hasn't posted anything that I can see.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
I just found out about Sotnikova's gala program in SOI in Japan. I think she will going to do this program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_uCFsN2C8Y

But after I saw the program it reminded me of Yuna's "all of me" performance. especially on certain step sequence and the ending. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gauEM8QCZ6M

I know a lot of skaters copy other's choreography including yuna, but this performance just doesn't seem good to me.

I also don't like the music for Sotnikova. I think she could have chosen better music to make the performance better.

What's ur opinions on this?

Meoima

Match Penalty
I just found out about Sotnikova's gala program in SOI in Japan. I think she will going to do this program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_uCFsN2C8Y

But after I saw the program it reminded me of Yuna's "all of me" performance. especially on certain step sequence and the ending. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gauEM8QCZ6M

I know a lot of skaters copy other's choreography including yuna, but this performance just doesn't seem good to me.

I also don't like the music for Sotnikova. I think she could have chosen better music to make the performance better.

What's ur opinions on this?

Personally I don't think they are alike. I don't think she copied it. But yeah, Adelina's gala program is not a good one. The music is kinda omg. The choreography is not good at all.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
Personally I don't think they are alike. I don't think she copied it. But yeah, Adelina's gala program is not a good one. The music is kinda omg. The choreography is not good at all.

The surely ruined the original song 'come together' by beatles.

Manitou

Medalist
So I went to the show last Saturday and I was really really positively surprised. I expected mostly the older generation of skaters with some current athletes, because hmmm..., to be honest, I respect their past accomplishment, but I really prefer the current youth rather than historical names. Especially when I pay money for it. And to my surprise the cast was practically the best what US has to offer today. Minus Jason Brown and the pairs. And plus Alissa Czisny. And a surprise appearance by Polina.
So it was a really magical evening, including a standing ovation for Meryl and Charlie, who also played hosts of the show. I was looking for Max in the audience, but I don't think he comes to the shows.

The skaters delivered really the best performance they could, including an uncomfortable fall by Mirai and charming but technically weak skate by Alissa with a fall. I don't think Alissa likes jumping.
Anyway, while the skaters were spectacular and gave their best, I cannot say the same about the public. The Rose Garden (sorry, Moda Center) was only half full. Or even less. Anemic, passive and with no energy. Even standing ovation at the end for Meryl and Charlie appeared forced and quickly died out.
But what can you expect from an audience with average age of 80+? With my 50 yrs I was probably a young kid there. I tried to generate as much energy and support for the skaters as I could, but I had to clone myself 100 times to make any difference. I felt sorry for the skaters to give their best to such a dead audience.
Anyway, the money was well spent.