Going forward for Michelle & Sasha - the CoP and 3/3s | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Going forward for Michelle & Sasha - the CoP and 3/3s

bronxgirl

Medalist
I've never understood why instant replay isn't used routinely. If the NFL can now have 3 instant replays per request of each side, why can't figure skating judges use them for a sport in which the athletes are really moving fast...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think it was sensible of Michelle to spare her body, as she was able to win with a lesser jump content. And also because judges rewarded her for the presentation so much. Things will change though in future. Now there are many other ladies that have great presentation also (one can e.g. count Arakawa having one in next season also) and those ladies already now do have a more difficult jump content than Kwan and Sasha.

I would expect both Sasha and Michelle needing two triple/triple combinations next season if their goal is to try to get on Worlds 2005 podium and on 2006 Olympics podium.

Marjaana

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joe, while I agree that 3/3's will be a must from now on ... I'm not sure MK or Sasha would have to do two of them ... at least not next year.
I think COP could possibly take a little away from Ando's and Arakawa's marks for the under rotations. I think brilliantly choreographed programs with clean jumps, and at least one 3/3, might just do it.

cianni

On the Ice
cop

I hope your wrong Joe or we will have a jump fest . We had that a few yrs. ago . I would like to see deductions for underroated 3/3s to equal the playing field. It seems the rules are not applied to all skaters. Will COP make a difference who knows.

NYMKFAN and Cianni - First of all the Europeans love big tricks. they preferred their Lindeman's tricks to Lambiel's artistry.

As to underrotat ed jumps, one only has to look at the King of Tricks, Plushenko. In the 4x4x3, the last loop is skated a full half a turn before he he takes off in the air. The combo is sensational and the underrotated jump is totally forgiven. It's only if another skater does the same thing and does not cheat the take off.

Ando and Arakawa are doing sensational jump combos.

OK for one measly 3toe x 3toe, and see how many points it racks up to a 3zx3r?

Presentation is not a privilege to MK and SC. It is definetley shared with Arakawa and Ota, and Fumie is not so bad at that either. And Ando may be ready by 2006.

Unless the Japanese Ladies make booboos, they will win easily. The Presentations are now spread out; let's get the tricks spread out.

If the combos are senational, the underrotates are irrelevant.

Joe