Michael Christian Martinez inspires FS in his Country | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michael Christian Martinez inspires FS in his Country

foruiz

Final Flight
Congratulations to Michael! Let's focus on positive things first, like his getting recognition in the Philippines and hopefully, more support from the government. I think our country needs a new Manny Pacquiao hahaha XD Kidding aside, I hope he comes back next season more healed up with a more polished and competitive program (and maybe a quad!).

ITA, he also needs to have a better program that he could connect with and so with the audience, one which music he could get lost in and feel while performing.

There are indeed many rabid fans here in the country who are more into asking for fan signs than his athletic welfare (eg. training time, etc.) but I guess we have to deal with that at the moment as fans like them might be temporarily okay to keep the interest coming, most especially with training funds for MCM still being a problem.

treeloving

Medalist
MCM has so much potential, consider his situation, for me his talent is much more than most of world class level skater at his age, it such a shame that he has funding issue.

As for fan, I'm a bit sad to say that I found many of his fan start to like him only because of his look, he is really cute though.

BusyMom

Medalist
It will be a long running battle to come up with enough money to train full-time in the US. They should try to keep his few months training each year for now and spend more money on his new programs. At least in the philippines skaters get the ice time before and after the business hours, more so than some other countries.

I hope he keeps his focus on healing his injuries, since his career has been shadowed from too many injuries for such a young age.

cooper

Medalist
with michael's success i hope figure skating will have the coverage here..