Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Smart move for Gracie and the SOI organizers. The song and that movie are very popular right now. Can't you picture all the young girls begging their parents to take them to the tour so they can see Elsa?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, Gracie looks like Elsa, so I guess it'll work.

I was more interested in the snippet suggesting that Jason helped matchmake the Gracie/Frank Carroll thing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, Gracie looks like Elsa, so I guess it'll work.

I was more interested in the snippet suggesting that Jason helped matchmake the Gracie/Frank Carroll thing.

Oh, that part was in reference to SCOTT Brown, who is Gracie's choreographer.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
too bad Frozen will now be associated with and will likely be trademarked by Gracie
as the first to skate frozen ;)

Yes. I'm sure every person who thinks of Frozen will be thinking of Gracie Gold. :rolleye:

Gracie is joining the Frozen train, but she is in no way the conductor. ;) That is Miss Adele Dazeem. :biggrin:

On the one hand, at least this choice of music is a good opportunity for Gracie to show her personality and produce a program that reaches out to the audience and is inspiring.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, that part was in reference to SCOTT Brown, who is Gracie's choreographer.

Oh right. Now that makes sense. I was wondering why on earth Jason would be involved.

Anyway, she better be skating to the real Idina Menzel version, rather than the rubbishy terrible Demi Lovato cover.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I was talking about the figure skater
Gracie could now be associated with Frozen whenever someone skates to it

Associated is an interesting choice of words. When I think of skaters being 'associated' with a piece of music, I picture Olympic gold medalists Torvill and Dean associated with a timeless piece like Bolero, not a non-medallist associated with a Disney song that happens to be popular this year. :laugh:

Although I suppose in your fanaticism you think that people will remember Gold's Sleeping Beauty for years to come as a program for the ages. :sarcasm:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Associated is an interesting choice of words. When I think of skaters being 'associated' with a piece of music, I picture Olympic gold medalists Torvill and Dean associated with a timeless piece like Bolero, not a non-medallist associated with a Disney song that happens to be popular this year. :laugh:

Although I suppose in your fanaticism you think that people will remember Gold's Sleeping Beauty for years to come as a program for the ages. :sarcasm:

It can become a trademark for Gracie if she plans to do in competitions not jut in galas
like Julia's Shindler's list which is now associated with one of her best in her career choices,

Frozen could do the same for Gracie
Gracie fits perfectly for Frozen, she is beautiful, Blonde, has Disney like X factor and the song reaches out to the audiences and will inspire younger children which in turn young skaters could be looking up to Gracie as their role model.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I was talking about the figure skater
Gracie could now be associated with Frozen whenever someone skates to it

I've heard that song mashed up so many times I'm tired of it and now you're telling me I'll be even more tired of it? Yeesh.

Anyway,

http://a-dreamers-universe.tumblr.com/post/76015045134/omg-guys-look-at-carolina-kostners-dress

http://queenyunaqueen.tumblr.com/post/74012607276

http://lltqyuna.tumblr.com/post/73997549340/yuna-kim-skating-montage-let-it-go-youtube

Hanmgse

Record Breaker