2014 Olympics in future history - Berlin all over again? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics in future history - Berlin all over again?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
My heart is breaking for the bloodshed. Do people think that if they keep bringing war into the world, they will finally get it right? It hasn't worked so far.

You know, in the old days, when Russia didn't have a money economy, they could afford to stand alone against the world. Now they want to be part of the free market system, which means that a certain amount of accommodation is necessary. Has anyone noticed how quickly the value of the ruble has been sinking?

Unfortunately, I don't think their shrinking economy is the biggest priority, when you hold a $50 billion Olympics.

The collateral of war also doesn't seem to be a priority (although we are talking Russia here... not exactly the most peace-keeping country out there).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Crimea holds a deep historical and spiritual significance for Russians
thus an overwhelming majority of support for its reunification. :)
with a real meaning compared to the Western European immigrants, colonizers etc. to North and South America

the double standards are a joke, lol - the referenedum has spoken like Kosovo, lets not get to that topic
but luckily Russians dont give a damn about propaganda and care deeply for its own people / ethnic group
that's is very admirable. sorry for getting a bit emotional.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I guess so since 123% of residents of Sevastopol voted for it.

http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2014/03/17/7019270/

The miracles of Soviet math....

nearly 4 out of every 5 Russian is in favor of Crimea Unification
you wouldn't understand its something russian history and soul can only grasp
an outsider and foreigner cannot understand this sorry
the feelings of happiness, pride in Russia right now is overwhelming
welcome to the Russian Federation beautiful Crimea :)

I guess Karma bites back hard for having the double standards of Kosovo
now the world will think twice about in the future interests

Mafke

Medalist
the feelings of happiness, pride in Russia right now is overwhelming

A survivor of the Brezhnev CCCP said Putin media is like the USSR all over again, except that now people believe the government propoganda.

Said is a country that can feel good about itself only by invading other countries....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
A survivor of the Brezhnev CCCP said Putin media is like the USSR all over again, except that now people believe the government propoganda.

Said is a country that can feel good about itself only by invading other countries....

feeding from the western propaganda media I see :disapp:
you dont even know half the story, but as a foreigner that a given ;)
did you know what the first words of the interim govt they wanted after toppling the President was Ban the Russian language ?
but how can that even be possible when 40% of population identify or is affiliated with Russia, if that is being given a blind eye, then better split the country then
of course radicals / nazis are Okay if its against Russia,

You'd be shocked when you come to Crimea, lol
the overwhelming majorty votes for reunification and are russian patriots
Boo hoo :cry: those evil russians protecting their own people and ethnicity
a russian mind is different, they dont give a **** what a foreigner country thinks

those evil evil russians :sarcasm:

Mafke

Medalist
I don't get my Ukraine info from western sources.
The language law was almost immediately rescinded due to protests from everyone (including Ukrainian speakers). A Ukrainian pulbisher that had never published in Russian announced it would begin doing so in protest.
There have been excesses from some Ukrainian extremists and most everyday Ukrainians who are glad to be rid of the thieving and cowardly Janukovych have denounced them. This will not be mentioned in the heavily controlled Russian media.

I might have liked to go to Crimea as part of Ukraine. You couldn't pay me to go to Ukraine occupied by an agrressive foreign power that's started ethnic cleansing.

Stalin exiled the crimean tatars, and those he imported to replace him want to make sure his work is continued.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140319/188...&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[1378308092447483]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[]

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't get my Ukraine info from western sources.
The language law was almost immediately rescinded due to protests from everyone (including Ukrainian speakers). A Ukrainian pulbisher that had never published in Russian announced it would begin doing so in protest.
There have been excesses from some Ukrainian extremists and most everyday Ukrainians who are glad to be rid of the thieving and cowardly Janukovych have denounced them. This will not be mentioned in the heavily controlled Russian media.

I might have liked to go to Crimea as part of Ukraine. You couldn't pay me to go to Ukraine occupied by an agrressive foreign power that's started ethnic cleansing.

Stalin exiled the crimean tatars, and those he imported to replace him want to make sure his work is continued.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140319/188...&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[1378308092447483]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[]

Crimea was given to the Ukraine as a gift by Ukrainian Kruzjhnev
now Tatar, Ukrainian, Russian language have now equal status
Crimean Tatars are now returning to homeland
the nazi invasion of Crimea killed russian, jews, tatar, ukrainain etc. but I guess it involves russians
so its not an ethnic cleansing for a foreigner :)

just another russuphobe here, next ..
now no Nato will ever be in Crimea. boo hoo :cry: