Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

I hope that instead of one of the Macy's Dance features, DWTS shows Davis and White skating one of their programs, even if it's just a full run-through rehearsal. It would be a great way to show what skating can convey.

Ohhh!!! That would be super cool! And I definitely think that it would get individuals interested that really don't have much of a figure skating knowledge base - especially since they're ice dancers. :)

I don't know if they would/will do something like that, but imo, it'd be good for the sport of FS. Plus, at this stage, I feel like a lot of viewers would enjoy getting to see D/W on ice together since we've all heard a lot about it and their schedules on DWTS, but some people may have never seen them perform or practice for a program.

EDIT: Not to mention that the Macy's Stars of Dance programs are hit or miss for me. This past one was good....but the one before that (I think) was just alright for my tastes. I think it's nice they do it and all.....but I'd totally be up for some ice dance. hehehe O=)

noskates

Record Breaker
I would love/hope to see Charlie and Meryl doing an exhibition for DWTS. Not sure how they would do iti - pre-taped - but it would be wonderful....especially if they did their exhibition from Sochi. I like the Macy's Stars of Dance when Derek choreographs it.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I would love/hope to see Charlie and Meryl doing an exhibition for DWTS. Not sure how they would do it.

That would be spectacular but yeah the big question is how would they pull it off. It would have to be live. Maybe if they had synthetic ice that would work? Would it be the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9kIODFW3oU&list=PLdeXclD6PQn7bAiBusX3sQF5Yip1WDfwP

Charlie needs to watch Barb Underhill and Paul Martini's, "When a Man Loves a Woman"---hot and steamy by two who each had/have separate wonderful marriages.

I'm going to sound like a broken record :), but when Charlie's had the opportunity to sell sexy, he's done it (week one contemporary). I give him a pass on the samba, because it was so poorly choreographed (an unusual misstep from Peta). I also think that Meryl is great, but she's gotten 2 tangos that have emphasized her great dramatic qualities. You can't make "Happy" or "Everybody Dance Now" sexy. I think that Charlie will need a jaw-droppingly sexy or emotionally vulnerable dance to make it back to the top of the leaderboard, but I think he's done his best with the material he's been given.

People on Entertainment Weekly seem to like Charlie, so let's hope that translates into votes!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Most broken records are a direct result of beautiful music that people want to hear over and over.:)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I LOVE it! Personally, I have no idea how D/W take doing this show and SOI at the same time, emotionally and physically. And to boot they stay well in those cesspools we call airplanes.

My admiration for Sharna went up with the comments in this photo:

http://instagram.com/p/nBgQAhOywv/

sharnaburgess
2 days ago
This is why @charlieawhite is amazing every week, not because it's natural or easy, but because he works his *** off everyday even when his not with me. We start off on Tuesday like everyone else, baby steps, and it's a testament to our working relationship and his desire to do the best he can that he kills it every week. #soproud

Somebody posted this nasty comment:

karengrave
And a testament to his pre-established dance talent coming into this. Fool yourself but don't try to fool the rest of us. We are smarter than that. But keep on believin'.

But Sharna had the last word!

sharnaburgess
@karengrave lol, I must have missed you in all our rehearsals this season watching his progress. �� you 'keep on believin' what you want to. I was sharing because I'm proud of him, and will continue to do so.

GF2445

Record Breaker
@karengrave got owned. BAM!
Sorry- it had to be said. If there is one thing to be learned, do not piss off an Australian on social media. It aint worth it.

Trust me.

buttermilk

On the Ice
I also think that Meryl is great, but she's gotten 2 tangos that have emphasized her great dramatic qualities. You can't make "Happy" or "Everybody Dance Now" sexy.
Meryl's Jungle Book dance wasn't sexy, but I did feel like she and Maks were dancing together, whereas Charlie's done three dances (Happy, Everybody Dance Now, Mary Poppins) where I feel like he's just dancing by himself and Sharna's only there because she has to be. I think Sharna is deliberately trying to spotlight Charlie, which is good, but I'd like to see some partner chemistry. I wasn't buying it at all in their tango, but they did a great job with that contemporary. Maybe it was easier for Charlie to get dramatic with somebody he barely knew at the time than with somebody he's actually formed a friendship with.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Thanks for posting that, tulosai. Three or four hours of sleep?!! Yikes!

It probably would have been more prudent for USNews Health & Wellness to have interviewed them while they were still in training.

mintx

On the Ice
I bet they sleep every time they get on a plane or a bus. Those are the two places they can't dance or skate.

Meryl makes an interesting point. Because it was so stressful preparing for the Olympics, and because the stakes were so high, in comparison the pressures of maintaining SOI appearances and DWTS performances at the same time doesn't seem so great to Meryl and Charlie. No wonder they're able to stand the strain. An OGM isn't hanging in the balance.

tulosai

Record Breaker
In all total seriousness, I am rewatching Meryl's tangos and I honestly think that if she wanted to she could go into competitive dancing. I highly doubt this is something she'd actually want to pursue but given a year of training for real, even very part time by her standards (a few hours 4-5 days a week) I honestly think she and Maks or someone of Maks's caliber could win some competitions together. She could even finish college while doing it...