Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

KJGL

Rinkside
Just checked D/W on twitter. Maks and Meryl are calling themselves Team M&M, Charlie and Sharna are Team Shar-Char.

RiceSkate

Rinkside
Of all the competitors on this seasons Dancing with the Stars, Davis and White are the least famous.....other than a few figure skating fans. Davis doesn't have the assets to get votes, plus these judges will be fair. I was hoping that she would have gotten cosmetic surgery on her nose.......like Virtue did hehe.

Tessa is more insecure than Meryl (just by watching their god awful "reality" show)

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
why does every discussion about tessa and meryl always devolve into snarking over their looks

they are both prettier and more accomplished with 100% more gold medals than you will ever have, deal w/ it

Hikaru

Final Flight
Tessa is more insecure than Meryl (just by watching their god awful "reality" show)

I've never thought of Tessa as being insecure (she looks pretty sure on the ice to me), but maybe that was the approach they wanted in their reality show. It's like when she said she didn't know how to flirt, my mind went back to her Carmen Free Dance, and I thought "well if she didn't know how to flirt and she could pull that... imagine if she DID know".

why does every discussion about tessa and meryl always devolve into snarking over their looks

they are both prettier and more accomplished with 100% more gold medals than you will ever have, deal w/ it
ITA!

uhhh they didn't even get anyone particularly 'infamous' this year like snooki either. meryl and charlie are up there as far as name recognition goes with this group of nobodies they're in

Agreed! I'm reading online articles about the new season; and people are saying D/W were brought in for ratings. I love D/W, but that says a lot about who else is on the show with them this season and about their current visibility in the U.S.
I don't watch DWTS regularly....but I guess I'll have to now...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Virtue and Moir must be seething right now! I can't wait to read what the Canadian media will write about this!

Lol yea. Do they have a 2nd rate Canadian version they can get on?

Tessa would stumble every dance and we would see her be insecure and glare at the other dancers saying they're all civil with one another. Scott will say his dance partner was never there for him the whole season and blame the loss on everyone but himself.

Of course. Too bad Voir didn't create the world! They could have done it in FIVE days...

Oy. Give it a rest.

RiceSkate is the **** who needs to give it a rest. Shame on you. [ETA: I can't even keep up with copying all your snarky anti-V/M posts. :bang:]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changing the subject:
LOL, I do not think anyone in this thread can be objective as to the comparative name recognition of Davis and White relative to their DWTS competitors.​

I hope that D/W have fun. They probably will be able to teach their partners a thing or two -- as was the case with Hough. (After being "spoiled" with such a great partner in W all these years, sorry that D got stuck with Maks.)

A big winner today is SOI, which will see a jump in ticket sales once DWTS starts airing. SOI surely will bend over backward to accommodate D/W's DWTS obligations, as well as DWTS working around their SOI schedule.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Perhaps one day plastic surgeons will be able to do personality transplants. You know, like making kindness MUCH bigger and shaving down that unattractive hump of snark.

Well a boy can dream...

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I've never thought of Tessa as being insecure (she looks pretty sure on the ice to me), but maybe that was the approach they wanted in their reality show. It's like when she said she didn't know how to flirt, my mind went back to her Carmen Free Dance, and I thought "well if she didn't know how to flirt and she could pull that... imagine if she DID know".

ITA!

i never see tessa as anything less than 100% confident on the ice either, so she does an excellent job of covering herself. she said somewhere once she was terrified going back onto the ice after her first surgery because she thought people were laughing at her and thinking what a bad skater she was and when she gets criticism, she not only assumes it's because she's a bad skater but she's also a bad person. she probably suffers from a terrible case of type a perfectionism...but then again a lot of elite athletes probably do

emma

Record Breaker
This will be fun to watch! But, I can't wrap my head around Meryl and Charlie NOT being partners. And then, if one of them gets sent home before the other...It'll be weird (for me).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really no uber insults are necessary since V/M aren't competing here. But if you want to throw shade at DJ Tanner, Winnie Cooper or the ocean swimming lady, that's fine with me. :laugh:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Agreed! I'm reading online articles about the new season; and people are saying D/W were brought in for ratings. I love D/W, but that says a lot about who else is on the show with them this season and about their current visibility in the U.S.
I don't watch DWTS regularly....but I guess I'll have to now...

k i'm not sure who is saying d/w are being brought in for ratings because people stop caring about figure skaters and olympians approximately ten minutes after the olympics end...

dwts is usually where has beens go to see their careers die in a burning inferno of embarrassment and humiliation, so at least d/w will bring at least some semblance of actual talent to the group

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that D/W have fun. They will probably will be able to teach their partners a thing or two -- as was the case with Hough. (After being "spoiled" with a such a great partner in W all these years, sorry that D got stuck with Maks.)

I can't see Meryl with Maks, personality wise, but he might be happy that he has someone with dance talent and that he's back on the show this season. He was fun with Kirstie and loved him with Mel B. but otherwise most of his partners have been meh. I'm sure we'll see the inevitable package where Meryl takes him on the ice and tries to teach him to ice dance, and we see Maks fall on his ***.

k i'm not sure who is saying d/w are being brought in for ratings because people stop caring about figure skaters and olympians approximately ten minutes after the olympics end...

dwts is usually where has beens go to see their careers die in a burning inferno of embarrassment and humiliation, so at least d/w will bring at least some semblance of actual talent to the group

I'm from the U.S. and am fully aware of what DWTS is. I agree - totally for has-been's of the recent and far past. That being said, have you looked at who all is on their season? More nobodies than one season has had in a long time. ;) And the Olympics just ended....so maybe their 10 minutes will be extended a bit longer since they've done so many interviews and such as of late?

Anyways, I''m not nor was I trying to start anything. I was merely saying that in some of the general public's and the media's eyes that they're hyping this season up by the competition between D/W specifically. People already has an article about it online.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the short term this may seem great for D/W to do to stay in the spotlight and make some money while they are at it but for their skating legacy not going for a 3rd World title and back to back titles which only a few select teams have ever done is a mistake i think. To be honest Meryl and Charlie don't have much going for personalities other then saying how hard they work and appearing on a crappy reality show isn't going to change that. It didn't help Evan after he was done doing the show.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I'm from the U.S. and am fully aware of what DWTS is. I agree - totally for has-been's of the recent and far past. That being said, have you looked at who all is on their season? More nobodies than one season has had in a long time. ;) And the Olympics just ended....so maybe their 10 minutes will be extended a bit longer since they've done so many interviews and such as of late?

Anyways, I''m not nor was I trying to start anything. I was merely saying that in some of the general public's and the media's eyes that they're hyping this season up by the competition between D/W specifically. People already has an article about it online.

yeaaaaaaah i'm not convinced, dwts didn't do anything for evan and dwts is kind of dying as far as ratings and people caring go anyway, it's on like season five million by now and they're running out of """""stars"""""

speaking of evan, what is that over bronzed tangerine doing these days anyway

Matt K

On the Ice
To be honest Meryl and Charlie don't have much going for personalities other then saying how hard they work and appearing on a crappy reality show isn't going to change that. It didn't help Evan after he was done doing the show.

This is so true.
Let's face it, everyone in that lineup has accomplished something. You need to set yourself apart aside from your past achievements. I can't see where D/W are more relatable or personable as any of those celebrities, including even Nene Leakes. :slink:

Since a lot of this show has to do with personality, I'm wondering why DWTS didn't get other Olympians, like Lolo Jones.

yeaaaaaaah i'm not convinced, dwts didn't do anything for evan and dwts is kind of dying as far as ratings and people caring go anyway, it's only like season five million by now and they're running out of """""stars"""""

I don't think that it will necessarily "do anything" for D/W or DWTS either. But I guess oth, I'm trying to be positive about the fact that they're going on it. At least we get to see them (and potentially a different side of them) a little longer! :)

uncchristine99

Rinkside
Whoa! I know they've hinted at DWTS lately but I didn't think they'd actually do it... as others are already saying, they have major dance experience but that aside, it will be incredible to see them dance with different partners! And particularly Meryl who gets to dance with Maksim... what an odd partnership! She's always very sweet and nice and Maksim is known for this temper and drama--he may not have much ammo for dramatic antiques with Meryl as his partner. She will easily keep up with his intensity and work ethic. I'm not familiar with Charlie's partner but I'm sure he'll do great!

A bit OT, but D/W also announced this week that they're not going to Worlds. That's a bummer... I always like when Olympic Champions go because it feels like proper closure to the season and adds such fire to the draw.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
i resent all this nene leakes shade, that woman is a hoot and half

saying meryl and charlie don't have personalities is pretty unfair, they don't really have an outlet to show otherwise. they are some of the most media trained athletes i've ever seen though so i hope they loosen up. also, how much can you really say about any figure skater's personality really, theres not much of a chance to see it. unless you're like pluhshy or whatever