(The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014 | Golden Skate

(The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
So at the time, the following skater(s) will NOT be competing at Worlds:

Ladies
Yuna Kim
Adelina Sotnikova (replaced by Anna Pogorilaya)

Men
Patrick Chan (replaced by Nam Nguyen)
Daisuke Takahashi (replaced by Takahiko Kozuka)
Denis Ten (replaced by Abzal Rakimgaliev)
Brian Joubert (replaced by Chafik Besseghier)
Florent Amodio (no replacement, Besseghier already replacing Joubert)
Paul Bonifacio Parkinson (replaced by Ivan Righini)

Ice Dance
Virtue & Moir (replaced by Gilles/Poirier)
Davis & White (replaced by Aldridge/Eaton) [Hubbell/Donohue will miss]

Pairs
Volozoshar/Trankov (replaced by Antipova / Maisuradze)
Denney/Coughlin (replaced by Zhang/Bartholomay)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Here is the ISU preliminary list for Worlds. Click on the discipline you want to look at:
http://dev.figureskating.sportresult...0/51515/MEN/TO

Note that the list doesn't say which are the entries and which are the substitutes!

How do you know that it is the ISU's preliminary list?

I know that others have posted that link on GS and elsewhere in the last couple of days.
But otherwise, I had never seen that site before.
Has the ISU used it before to publish preliminary lists?

I realize that the pieces of information that we have from individual federations so far have matched up to what is at that link.
But I can't help wondering why the ISU would not use isuresults.com to post its list per usual. :think:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
The USFSA seems to do it a bit differently than Skate Canada since normally the 2nd-place finisher at Nationals (eg. Kevin Reynolds) gets assigned to both Olympics and Worlds.

How come they didn't give Brown both events since he was the silver medalist at U.S. Nationals?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The USFSA seems to do it a bit differently than Skate Canada since normally the 2nd-place finisher at Nationals (eg. Kevin Reynolds) gets assigned to both Olympics and Worlds.

How come they didn't give Brown both events since he was the silver medalist at U.S. Nationals?

@LynnRutherford's non-official answer to basically the same question makes sense to me:
I believe USFS tries to give skaters opportunity to maintain ISU points, rankings, exposure. Aaron 7th in world last season.
2:12 PM - 22 Feb 2014
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/437349262901657600

USFS never has given and presumably never will give an official comment on the matter.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Interesting.

I was just noticing the contrast between the American and Canadian federations and the way they seem to reach these decisions a bit differently. Skate Canada has sometimes sent people to Worlds based on results other than those at Nationals or for other factors (eg. I think one year Nicole Watt was left off the Worlds team even though she qualified, and Annie Bellemare was sent even though Watt had finished higher). There have been a few other examples too, (Stojko over Dénommé in 2001, even though the latter finished 2nd at Nationals), although the vast majority of the time in Canada it tends to go by Nationals ranking.

I think Americans who are not regular skating viewers might be a bit surprised to see Aaron going instead of Brown though, since they were introduced to Brown in NBC's coverage quite a lot at the Olympics, whereas Aaron has been off the radar this year.

Nirti

Medalist
I think that this list is a presumptive entries list, based on the announces made by federations and skaters who have reached the TES.

Davidovich/Krasnopolski are listed, but they've split.
Gedevanishvili isn't listed, even with a *, she will try to obtain her free program TES at the Challenge Cup next week. Maybe the same case for Agata Kryger, who isn't listed.

Country
Russia
Gedevanishvili isn't listed, even with a *, she will try to obtain her free program TES at the Challenge Cup next week. Maybe the same case for Agata Kryger, who isn't listed.
Agata Kryger is listed at JrWorlds. And may be she will try to earn Minimum Technical Score for Worlds (SP) there, for FS she already has it.

Nirti

Medalist
So the list of dev.skating was real... It seems they have strong links with the ISU.

Surprising to see Davidovich/Krasnopolski and no Gedevanishvili!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
For real, Pogorilaya? Meh, I really wanted to see Sotnikova and how she would have done here. That Worlds is turning out to be a disappointment after almost all interesting battles won't happen. But this is probably THE chance for Julia.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
No Volosozhar/Trankov... the door is open for Savchenko/Szolkowy to take a FIFTH world title...

No Chan, and he was the only one to beat Hanyu this season...

Ice Dance will be fun without D/W and V/M... the competition is now for ALL medals not just the bronze!