Zahra Lari - Arab Emirates Skater | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Zahra Lari - Arab Emirates Skater

Dubai is largely comprised of an immigrant population so whilst I totally understand your point about the culture not encouraging it, even purely statistically the average skater is bound to be an immigrant. Emiratis comprise only 17% of the Dubai population.

I've just looked up Amira Abdul Moati and she's an Egyptian living in UAE.

Nadya

On the Ice
Dubai is largely comprised of an immigrant population so whilst I totally understand your point about the culture not encouraging it, even purely statistically the average skater is bound to be an immigrant. Emiratis comprise only 17% of the Dubai population.

I've just looked up Amira Abdul Moati and she's an Egyptian living in UAE.
None of the immigrants have Emirati passports so it's doubtful they could compete for and represent the country. Statistically, someone with an Emirati passport will be an Emirati.

None of the immigrants have Emirati passports so it's doubtful they could compete for and represent the country. Statistically, someone with an Emirati passport will be an Emirati.

You don't need citizenship in order to represent a country in international competition. All that you need is resident status. You need citizenship to compete at the Olympics, though, and from what I read, Emirati citizenship is extremely difficult if not near impossible to obtain.