Amazing the stupid 6.0 system has survived for a century | Golden Skate

Amazing the stupid 6.0 system has survived for a century

apache88

On the Ice
I absolutely hate it. The only time I would love it is when Michelle was getting 6.0s, LOL. Why do I think it's stupid? Ok so the marks are placeholders, but how can the judges remember the tens of skaters' performances and place them accordingly? I have nothing against the idea of leaving room for the later skaters, but I do have problem with how much room to leave and how they would know how many skaters they can squeeze in between the 2 skaters who have skated earlier. Bring on the COP. Under the COP, the judges can solely concentrate on each skater's performance and need not worry how the following skaters would skate. The only flaw I see in the COP is how they reward the 3/3 combo and the 3/3 jump sequence. I'm just amazed that the 6.0 system has survived so long despite its glaring flaws. Just MHO.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Well, I don't think it used to be quite so subjective. I mean, with figures in the old days, it was pretty straight forward who was going to win. However, as the sport underwent so many changes, the old system obviously became inadequate for new challenges.