Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Shouldn't they just be on First Wives of NJ or some other reality show? He is and always has been such a joke.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Johnny's latest Facebook post:

I'm so sorry for what I've done.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyGWeir?fref=ts

Not sure what he means by that. Perhaps he will say more, or perhaps he wants to tease the public by hinting at more to come.

Strange. Johnny usually posts on FB through twitter, but there is no tweet this time. He hasn't posted anything directly on FB in ages.

Johnny Weir Verified account
‏@JohnnyGWeir
My Facebook is currently hacked. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are working on it. Please disregard any changes or updates there. TY
6:50 AM - 20 Mar 2014
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/status/446644952765050880

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Johnny was a lot more talk than action. Did he actually buy 40 pairs of shoes and 30 hats? And why are y'all rehashing stuff that happened years ago? How does it relate to what's happening now? It doesn't! Flattfan - you just plain hate him so why keep posting in this thread? We get it, okay? Some of us actually are more interested in what happens or happened on the ice rather than off the ice. And anyone who implies that Johnny was just a casual talent obviously didn't watch him very closely. Like I said, I saw him at Dreams on Ice last year with Max Aaron, Jason Brown, Ricky Dornbush, Polina Edmunds and Samantha Cesario. Whether you like the man or not - he was clearly the most talented skater out there and had the most finesse and style on the ice. Max lumbered, Jason was cute and quirky, Ricky had trouble skating clean, Samantha tried to act like a sex goddess, Polina was a skinny little girl with braids in her hair and big jumps! BUT.... Whether you liked how he was dressed or what he skated to his artistry and his ability to deliver the program was superior to all the other skaters.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Johnny was a great skater but he certainly seems to be 100% about the drama in his personal life. "I only want to talk about this to Ellen or Oprah?" Oh puh-leez.

JayW

Final Flight
Off topic, as much as I love his skating, his fashion sense is terrible.
His fur coat, I wonder how many dead animals are on his shoulder.
His hair, he is becoming Marie Antoinette?:biggrin:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Johnny was a lot more talk than action. Did he actually buy 40 pairs of shoes and 30 hats? And why are y'all rehashing stuff that happened years ago? How does it relate to what's happening now? It doesn't! Flattfan - you just plain hate him so why keep posting in this thread? We get it, okay? Some of us actually are more interested in what happens or happened on the ice rather than off the ice. And anyone who implies that Johnny was just a casual talent obviously didn't watch him very closely. Like I said, I saw him at Dreams on Ice last year with Max Aaron, Jason Brown, Ricky Dornbush, Polina Edmunds and Samantha Cesario. Whether you like the man or not - he was clearly the most talented skater out there and had the most finesse and style on the ice. Max lumbered, Jason was cute and quirky, Ricky had trouble skating clean, Samantha tried to act like a sex goddess, Polina was a skinny little girl with braids in her hair and big jumps! BUT.... Whether you liked how he was dressed or what he skated to his artistry and his ability to deliver the program was superior to all the other skaters.

Thank you, noskates. I'm sorry to hear about the breakup of a longterm relationship and hope that the divorce doesn't completely devastate either party financially, emotionally, mentally, etc. Ms. Weir's comment was out of place and tacky but hey, she's a mom -- I'll give her a pass on one fairly mild snark. As far as the "talk to Ellen or Oprah" -- in the context that seems like it was a failed attempt at humor, not some sort of tease or narcisissm. And the out-of-the-blue FB comment was quickly debunked as a hack job. Anyway, sorry to see so much vitriol and name-calling being directed at Johnny as a person.

I hope Johnny continues to skate in shows when he can and that he stays involved in skating as a commentator or in some other capacity.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Exactly:biggrin: Johnny better be prepared to support his man! I can't imagine any decent law firm would want their attorneys in that kind of publicity.

Sigh. Johnny was very talented skater who didn't develop as artistically thoroughly as I thought he could. He developed a stage persona and fluff. The pity party of "I can't believe I finished 6th" was off-putting too. Simple choreography and jump content - what did he expect? There are guys who put their bones and hips on the line to attempt things he didn't think he need because.... he was so artistic? No, he wasn't.

I am not crazy about off-ice Johnny. But his skating was definitely something special, Dr.Zhivago, Otonal?? C,mon! He had magnificent flow and as Dick Button has said "He is like a greyhound when he jumps".
When he was on, he was gorgeous, so fluid and landed his jumps so effortlessly.
His 2010 LP was stunning, he put everything he had into that skate, landed two solid 3 axles one in combination.
You have to give him credit for that, he really poured his heart into that skate, he was so clean and solid ( oh, except for that slight step out of the spin that Sandra could not shut up about :frown:)

I think his 2010 Olympic LP will always be one of my favorite LP's of all time.

zamboni step

Final Flight

Samantha IS a sex godess. Fact. ;)

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Johnny Weir Verified account
‏@JohnnyGWeir
My Facebook is currently hacked. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are working on it. Please disregard any changes or updates there. TY
6:50 AM - 20 Mar 2014
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/status/446644952765050880

why would you hack someone's facebook to post something as lame as 'i'm so sorry'. if it were me, i'd post something like: 'please call the police, i'm a recovering cannibal and i've just caught my next victim, SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!'

sounds like johnny's backtracking to me

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Eh, it's not about the field so much as it is the scoring system and the judging.

Johnny had movement and musical interpretation that is better than anyone these days. He could do the best Triple Axels in the world. He could do difficult spin positions brilliantly. He had strong blade stroking. He even had some difficult jump entrances.

The sport at the moment, though, is just demanding way too much technical content. There's not enough room to actually skate and perform.

The Twizzles, don't forget his Twizzles!!
I agree fully with your post.

For those interested, he tweeted that he would be doing an interview with Access Hollywood's Billy Bush tonight. He says that it will be his only interview about his divorce.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Johnny is a kind and wonderful person. Victor is a horrible person. I will be cheering for Johnny all the way in the coming months in how this plays out.

:sarcasm:

Oh yes, someone who manipulates people to extract money out of them, lies and fakes on a regular basis and remains bitter and spiteful is suuuuuuuuuuch a kind and wonderful person.

Matilda

Medalist
:sarcasm:

Oh yes, someone who manipulates people to extract money out of them, lies and fakes on a regular basis and remains bitter and spiteful is suuuuuuuuuuch a kind and wonderful person.

I get that you don't like Johnny, but "lies and fakes on a regular basis" is a gross exaggeration.

Matilda

Medalist
Victor claims that Johnny filed for divorce monhs ago, but Victor didn't know about it. Could a resident lawyer please explain how this is possible?!? I thought the other party has to be served the papers?

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Victor claims that Johnny filed for divorce monhs ago, but Victor didn't know about it. Could a resident lawyer please explain how this is possible?!? I thought the other party has to be served the papers?

Not a lawyer but grew up with two of them in the household. Once you file the other party will either be sent notice via registered mail or a process server hand delivers it. The court needs proof that one of those two things happens before the court will approve it. Is he going to explain this by saying someone came and handed him a packet that he never opened???? Or that he signed for a registered letter that he didn't open right away and later mysteriously disappeared?