Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

Matilda

Medalist
Flaya - we all have our opinions. I think many will not agree with yours.

Exactly.

I also wish people would stop claiming that Johnny is acting like a publicity seeking drama queen in this situation, when he has given one interview and declined to comment further, and meanwhile Victor is feeding TMZ and other media sources stuff (that we don't know to be true any more than what Johnny said in his interview) on a daily basis.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Sum it up, two gays fighting tooth and nails over bags and scarves.

If gay men want to fight the various stereotypes that they have, this case is not the one to do it with, LOL! You couldn't write a work of fiction about two husbands fighting over furs, bags and tiny lapdogs. You'd be considered politically incorrect if not homophobic.

Having said that, I love Johnny, but his antics are starting to wear on me. He was such a great skater and IMO, he was gypped out of a bronze medal four years ago. (I know, I love Daisuke, too. He was great as well.)

Sadly, nobody will remember his skating now, just his outfits and his nonstop dramas. Oh well, as someone else has said, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Yes, two gays fighting tooth and nail over bags and furs. Tooth and nail! Bags and furs. None are made up. So ridiculous. These gays set back gay marriage and gay movement and make a joke out of the whole thing. What a shame to the gay community who is fighting a legit battle.

tripletwizzle

Rinkside
If gay men want to fight the various stereotypes that they have, this case is not the one to do it with, LOL! You couldn't write a work of fiction about two husbands fighting over furs, bags and tiny lapdogs. You'd be considered politically incorrect if not homophobic.

Having said that, I love Johnny, but his antics are starting to wear on me. He was such a great skater and IMO, he was gypped out of a bronze medal four years ago. (I know, I love Daisuke, too. He was great as well.)

Sadly, nobody will remember his skating now, just his outfits and his nonstop dramas. Oh well, as someone else has said, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I sometimes find "the Johnny show" tiring too but on the other hand, I can't knock his hustle completely. You don't make money from skating unless you get the big endorsement deals and save that cash, which no one from the U.S. has gotten since Michelle days, so he has to pay his bills somehow, and getting attention/name recognition so he can be called upon for red-carpet reporting or talk-show interviews is the way he's gonna accomplish that. He seems to like the finer things in life and he's not gonna be able to afford such expensive furs and bags with a retail job, you know?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Yes, two gays fighting tooth and nail over bags and furs. Tooth and nail! Bags and furs. None are made up. So ridiculous. These gays set back gay marriage and gay movement and make a joke out of the whole thing. What a shame to the gay community who is fighting a legit battle.

They behave very similarly to many heterosexuals during break-ups. Why sould they be picked out for stone casting when non-gays have been "makng joke of " marriage regularly? Do gay people have to be qualified for marriage by a higher measure of worthiness?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
They behave very similarly to many heterosexuals during break-ups. Why sould they be picked out for stone casting when non-gays have been "makng joke of " marriage regularly? Do gay people have to be qualified for marriage by a higher measure of worthiness?

And those hetero couples are being laughed at and maybe a few stones were hurled their way.
So relax, now Johnny and his boo are getting the same hetero taste.

Also, I don't know which hetero couples behave like that during break ups. Your experience must be quite traumatizing.

pinky2114

Rinkside
What was Victor doing for money before he ran into Johnny? Was he working in New York or living back in Atlanta? He can't have been an unpaid dog caretaker and personal assistant as a single guy. Their arrangement as he describes it does sound like something out of the 1950s and is very strange for someone with enough ambition to get through Georgetown Law.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
What was Victor doing for money before he ran into Johnny? Was he working in New York or living back in Atlanta? He can't have been an unpaid dog caretaker and personal assistant as a single guy. Their arrangement as he describes it does sound like something out of the 1950s and is very strange for someone with enough ambition to get through Georgetown Law.

sure sounds like he needed a sugar daddy! How do we know he wasn't trying to use Johnny?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
sure sounds like he needed a sugar daddy! How do we know he wasn't trying to use Johnny?

I disapprove of Johnny's record on the Russian gay issue, wearing fur, voting in US presidential elections, lying about competing to get to Sochi even after he did not register for regionals, as well as his fame wh*re tendencies. However, I agree that Victor is the devil in this relationship. Although he graduated from Georgetown and passed the NY Bar, he was never admitted to the NY Bar. Apparently, this was due to embezzlement related to his gambling and prescription drug abuse. Since he never entered the Bar, his claims of sacrificing a lucrative career in the law ring hollow.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think we can sum up the whole brouhaha - Johnny spoke about this once. Victor has hired a publicist and is talking to TMZ. What more do you need to know about this situation? And I will never fault anyone for not taking a stance on the Russian gay issue if they don't live in Russia!!!!!! And I don't believe Johnny lied about competing to get to Sochi. I think he genuinely wanted to compete again. And after seeing the mess that the men's competition was - he may have been someone to be reckoned with.

Don't understand the hate for Johnny.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist

I don't think 'The Gay Community' is losing sleep over this.

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
Although he graduated from Georgetown and passed the NY Bar, he was never admitted to the NY Bar. Apparently, this was due to embezzlement related to his gambling and prescription drug abuse. Since he never entered the Bar, his claims of sacrificing a lucrative career in the law ring hollow.

Wrong. Character and Fitness is a part of the bar, and he was indeed admitted to the NY bar.
The fact that he was admitted at all, regardless of when, proves that whatever offense he was actually guilty of was minor enough to be discounted. The bar is tougher when it comes to past crimes than ANYONE, any dirt you have they will dig it up, so people are encouraged to disclose everything no matter how minor.

I think we can sum up the whole brouhaha - Johnny spoke about this once. Victor has hired a publicist and is talking to TMZ. What more do you need to know about this situation?

"This situation"? This situation is a divorce. The marriage largely happened behind closed doors and most of us will never know what happened on a day to day basis. How does the fact that one party is being more of an attention slore to the press prove all that "we need to know about this situation"?

And I will never fault anyone for not taking a stance on the Russian gay issue if they don't live in Russia!!!!!!

That's nice, until he called some gay activists idiots for peacefully protesting him outside an event.

TMZ acquired an email Johnny wrote last year where he apologized to Victor for apparently cheating (though we're not sure) and calls Victor out on defacing his property (mostly designer bags), including writing "F you" on a Birkin bag. Soon after that e-mail was apparently sent, Johnny wrote an article accusing GAY ACTIVISTS of being the culprit in defacing his Birkin bag with the very same "F you" in a story that sounds incredibly unlikely and made up. So he basically took something his husband did and planted it on some faceless gay activist just to hit back at the gay community for daring to criticize him. He just never expected TMZ to leak an e-mail that would bring the topic up and for people to make the connections with the dates

In his book he admitted to lying about being sick to skip a competition, he has begged for money on twitter for his skating yet soon after bragged about shopping/new purchases (of course deleting the tweets in shame after backlash from his own fans). And you want to talk about milking this divorce? Right after he announced the divorce on twitter, he proclaimed that the only people he would talk about it with are Ellen and Oprah (deleting the tweet soon after of course)

There are other cases too..

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think we can sum up the whole brouhaha - Johnny spoke about this once. Victor has hired a publicist and is talking to TMZ. What more do you need to know about this situation? And I will never fault anyone for not taking a stance on the Russian gay issue if they don't live in Russia!!!!!! And I don't believe Johnny lied about competing to get to Sochi. I think he genuinely wanted to compete again. And after seeing the mess that the men's competition was - he may have been someone to be reckoned with.

I'm a Johnny fan as well but the hate doesn't surprise me...every skater has their haters, especially the ones that do well for themselves. I recognize that Johnny is a flawed human being, but I don't put skaters or celebrities on a pedestal and expect them to be perfect. Nobody is. Johnny tends to be very outspoken and lacks a filter at times, so he opens himself to more criticism than the quiet ones. But one thing I've noticed about him is that the more he is criticized for something (eg. being flamboyant, wearing fur, liking Russia, etc.), the more he will take it to the extreme & flaunt it. His haters have never bothered him one bit!

I think he gave his marriage a pretty good go but had blinders on for a long time, just as plenty of other people do when they are in love. Victor seems to be an opportunist, but he could have also had real feelings for Johnny...at least I hope so.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Wrong. Character and Fitness is a part of the bar, and he was indeed admitted to the NY bar.
The fact that he was admitted at all, regardless of when, proves that whatever offense he was actually guilty of was minor enough to be discounted. The bar is tougher when it comes to past crimes than ANYONE, any dirt you have they will dig it up, so people are encouraged to disclose everything no matter how minor.

Wrong....he passed the New York State bar exam, but was never admitted. Here is the database search for NY State attorneys....

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/attorney/AttorneySearch#search_result

Check the last name Voronov....there are no NY State attorneys with that name.

Also, during their marriage, Johnny talked about Victor studying for the New Jersey Bar....that was because he was never admitted to the New York Bar.

BTW, as you can see by my prior post, I am by no means giving Johnny a pass regarding his behavior....I just believe that Victor is even more objectionable. In essence, they deserved each other!

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
Wrong....he passed the New York State bar exam, but was never admitted. Here is the database search for NY State attorneys....

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/attorney/AttorneySearch#search_result

Check the last name Voronov....there are no NY State attorneys with that name.

Also, during their marriage, Johnny talked about Victor studying for the New Jersey Bar....that was because he was never admitted to the New York Bar.

BTW, as you can see by my prior post, I am by no means giving Johnny a pass regarding his behavior....I just believe that Victor is even more objectionable. In essence, they deserved each other!

Wrong again. Victor only appears under the last name Weir instead of Voronov, probably because his official name appears as Victor Simon Weir-Voronov:

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/attorney/AttorneyDetails?attorneyId=330059608

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Well I stand corrected, in that case. However, he passed the Bar in July, 2010....

http://www.nybarexam.org/Results710/TV710.html

However, he wasn't admitted until July, 2013. It apparently took three years of petitioning to get admitted. This was well after he married Johnny, so he did not give up a law practice to get married.

Finally, no need to be so self-righteous....Voronov had plenty of skeletons in his closet to prevent the Bar from admitting him for three years!

pointyourtoe

On the Ice

All people online have are allegations and charges, NOT convictions. Do you know how tough the bar is? It seems likely that he was denied at first and had to put some more distance between himself and these incidents before finally being admitted (as many in his situation are advised to do), but even then the Bar will not just easily forgive major crimes of moral turpitude simply because a few years have passed. This means that whatever he was guilty of or charged with, it was deemed forgivable in the long run.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
Well I stand corrected, in that case. However, he passed the Bar in July, 2010....

http://www.nybarexam.org/Results710/TV710.html

However, he wasn't admitted until July, 2013. It apparently took three years of petitioning to get admitted. This was well after he married Johnny, so he did not give up a law practice to get married.

Finally, no need to be so self-righteous....Voronov had plenty of skeletons in his closet to prevent the Bar from admitting him for three years!

Every state has different requirements for admission to the state bar. In some states, passing the bar exam is the last step in the admission process; and in other states it is not. For example, some jurisdictions require an applicant to take a separate Ethics examination that the applicant can take either before or after they take the bar exam.

In New York, an applicant has three years after passing the bar exam to apply for admission to the state bar. NY now has a requirement that the applicants must complete a specified number of pro bono hours before they can be admitted to the bar. (Whether or not that applied to Victor depends on when he applied for admission)

Each state handles the character & fitness review different. I have been admitted to practice law in two states. Although each state handled the process differently, one thing was consistent....in both states, if an applicant did not pass the character & fitness review, they were not allowed to take the bar exam.