Universal Sports Worlds schedule | Golden Skate

Universal Sports Worlds schedule

YagsFan

On the Ice
:):) Well, finally Univ. Sps. has answered my repeated emails, and admitted that they are indeed carrying Worlds! Here is the schedule, which I just now saw on their web site:

Wed. 3/26: 1:00pm---Pairs and Mens Short Prog.

Th. 3/27: 1:00pm---Ladies Short Prog.

Th. 3/27: 2:00pm---Pairs Free Prog.

Fri. 3/28: 2:00pm---Mens Free Prog.

Sat. 3/29: 1:00pm---Free Dance

Sat. 3/29: 2:00pm---Ladies Free Prog.

All times Eastern (remember time change this weekend:eek:). I don't see Short Dance or Exhibitions listed, so either they're not showing those, or it's an oversight on whoever posted the schedule. Stay tuned for any tinkering! For anyone interested, they also listed web times for same programs.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Thanks for your efforts. I posted on facebook a couple of times but with no response. The schedule makers/website operators at Universal are awful. They never did put up a schedule for 4ccs or Europeans.

The impact of,

- the recent (last year) NBC contract with Icenetwork
- NBC's use of NBCSP for expanded Olympic coverage

must be part of the problem. My guess is there is still a pretty firm contract for the Grand Prix series so that's why we get more information. As for other skating coverage, I think it will probably get less and less over the next couple of years so the powers that be at Universal have decided to just ignore it.

YagsFan

On the Ice
I think you are right, A.H., unfortunately. While I loved the all-inclusive coverage of NBCSN during the Olympics, they seem to cover a lot more territory (types of sports) than I had thought US was designed to do, so I worry that we'll never get that level of coverage from NBCSN except for Olympics. I too get really annoyed with US, especially since I switched providers to get access to them, and pay extra monthly to actually get the station. I fought with them before Europeans too, because, as you say, they never posted the schedule---after multiple messages from me they finally sent me the detailed schedule, just in time! Then I had to fight all over again for Worlds info (by the 3rd email I wasn't trying to be too subtle, or even nice!). Oh, and did you ever try to call them? You can find a # on their site, but they apparently don't ever answer; you just get shoved into voice mail!
Anyway, I guess all's well that ends well, at least for now, for this competition. Enjoy the comp:)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
:):) Well, finally Univ. Sps. has answered my repeated emails, and admitted that they are indeed carrying Worlds! Here is the schedule, which I just now saw on their web site:

Wed. 3/26: 1:00pm---Pairs and Mens Short Prog.

Th. 3/27: 1:00pm---Ladies Short Prog.

Th. 3/27: 2:00pm---Pairs Free Prog.

Fri. 3/28: 2:00pm---Mens Free Prog.

Sat. 3/29: 1:00pm---Free Dance

Sat. 3/29: 2:00pm---Ladies Free Prog.

All times Eastern (remember time change this weekend:eek:). I don't see Short Dance or Exhibitions listed, so either they're not showing those, or it's an oversight on whoever posted the schedule. Stay tuned for any tinkering! For anyone interested, they also listed web times for same programs.

This is fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing this. and I hope Johnny and Tara will be commentating!

YagsFan

On the Ice
You're welcome, wordsworthgirl:) I have my doubts about Tara and Johnny, although I'd like that too! IIRC, during Europeans Univ. Spts. had Peter Currothers (sp?) and some non-skating guy I didn't recognize, and maybe also Ryan Bradley sometimes. None of them are my preference, but I'll live with whomever they choose, lol! Although, there was one broadcast on that network that I watched last year (probably late 2012) that simply had a woman's voice telling you who was skating, and not much else. I think of her whenever people say they wish we could just watch the skating without any commentating, because she sounded sooooo bored, and obviously uninformed about not only skating, but even the participants, that I found it almost too painful to watch! I know that some commentators get overly gushy, or talk way too much throughout a performance, but I personally want some background on how a skater usually does, what they've done in the current season and what elements they have planned vs. what they actually accomplish. Oh well, whatever---I'm just happy we'll be able to watch more of the comp. than NBC will offer 2 weeks later:)

azcalder

Rinkside
Short Dance is Friday @ 1:00 pm. EDT I just set my DVR for all the events. I live in Phoenix, so my schedule is 3 hours earlier than EDT.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Obviously they aren't going to show all the short dances in one hour, probably only five or six.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Short Dance is Friday @ 1:00 pm. EDT I just set my DVR for all the events. I live in Phoenix, so my schedule is 3 hours earlier than EDT.

Thanks much for the addition, azcalder:) I thought it was a bit odd that they'd skip just one program of one discipline, but you never know, lol.

shellbell757

Rinkside
I just finished watching the Universal Sports coverage and was disappointed that the commentators weren't better. I wish Tara and Johnny would have done it!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
The commentary has been ABYSMAL. Ryan Bradley is ok but the other guy not only has an unappealing voice, he also is incredibly ignorant and has made many false comments: for ie, that Jeremy Abbott lives and trains in Aspen, that Mr Sato is Kozuka's father?! etc. During the Ladies Event today, the two of them would not shut up and their incessant dry commentary detracted from the transcendent performances of Mao and Carolina. Really bad!

shellbell757

Rinkside
The commentary has been ABYSMAL. Ryan Bradley is ok but the other guy not only has an unappealing voice, he also is incredibly ignorant and has made many false comments: for ie, that Jeremy Abbott lives and trains in Aspen, that Mr Sato is Kozuka's father?! etc. During the Ladies Event today, the two of them would not shut up and their incessant dry commentary detracted from the transcendent performances of Mao and Carolina. Really bad!
Agreed!