Agnes & Mirai | Golden Skate

Agnes & Mirai

lightsout

Rinkside
What is going on with their Twitter love-fest? Any idea why they are spending so much time together? Does this mean Mirai is in Colorado now?

Snoopy15

On the Ice
I heard somewhere here that Mirai's currently training in Colorado for the time being. So I'm not surprised.

cinnamon

On the Ice
What is going on with their Twitter love-fest? Any idea why they are spending so much time together? Does this mean Mirai is in Colorado now?
I was wondering about the same thing. And Snoopy15, thanks for the info.
Anyway it's cute they are together, isn't it? I wish both skaters all the best in near future, and would love to see good skating from them. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I heard somewhere here that Mirai's currently training in Colorado for the time being. So I'm not surprised.

Don't know what exactly Snoopy read or where, but I feel that I should offer the following disclaimer:
Based on the recent tweeting of Nagasu and Zawadzki, I had noted earlier in another thread that Nagasu apparently has been in Colorado since last week. I surmised that Nagasu must be training there at the moment -- although I have no other evidence.
Anyway, the friendship between the two young ladies :) is nothing new. They have been known to send affectionate tweets back and forth when geographically separated as well.

desertskates

Medalist
How nice to see such a fun and supportive friendship. If Mirai is "testing the waters" in Colorado springs, I really hope it works out for her. A total overhaul could do her well, and the support and friendly competition coming from a pal can only be a good thing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Still shipping for Kori Ade to be her coach...and really since she's in Colorado already...

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
She's been training with tom zakrajec and Becky Calvin.

I don't think she has decided whether she wants to train in japan or Colorado.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
She's been training with tom zakrajec and Becky Calvin.

I don't think she has decided whether she wants to train in japan or Colorado.

Thx for the Nagasu update, sk8ingcoach.

Can you tell us anything about Zawadzki's plans for the future? Will she continue to compete, and will she stick with Tom Z and BC?

lilshorty

On the Ice
I follow both girls on Twitter so I have been witnessing their exchanges since the beginning of the season. :) I personally think it's great that skaters competing in the same discipline at the elite level for the same country can be good friends outside of competition. It doesn't hurt either that they're two of my favorite current ladies skaters in the U.S. When was the last time two skaters from the U.S. directly competed against each other and were also chums? Mirai and Caroline Zhang also come to mind...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I follow both girls on Twitter so I have been witnessing their exchanges since the beginning of the season. :) I personally think it's great that skaters competing in the same discipline at the elite level for the same country can be good friends outside of competition. It doesn't hurt either that they're two of my favorite current ladies skaters in the U.S. When was the last time two skaters from the U.S. directly competed against each other and were also chums? Mirai and Caroline Zhang also come to mind...

Another example: Zawadzki and Wagner also seem to feel very sisterly toward each other. :)

I too always love expressions of camaraderie btwn/among any competitors.

jcsamex

Rinkside
I wish Mirai would train with Brian Orser. I think he's got the goods to make her a strong competitor and polish her weaknesses.

cinnamon

On the Ice

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder what about Charlene Wong or did she go to her before? I think Mirai might do quite well with her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wonder what about Charlene Wong or did she go to her before? I think Mirai might do quite well with her.

Charlene Wong was one of her previous coaches. She coached her from 2006 to 2009 when she went to Frank Carroll.

Last edited:

cinnamon

On the Ice
Friendship - what can be better than that?
But I was wondering since I read an article written by a Japanese writer after Sochi about why Japanese ladies couldn't be on the podium. Her point is there is something to do with their good relationship. In Torino, Arakawa and Suguri were known as severe rivals. They didn't talk each other for years prior to that. It was a big surprise that Fumie asked Shizuka an advice on her spin before the competition in Torino.
And now Mao, Akiko and Kanako are like the best sisters in the world. (I suppose it's not only them, the whole Japanese top skaters have good relationships each other.) So probably that's caused something, when the one wasn't successful to beat the nerve at the biggest competition, the others were drawn to the same direction. Could be.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Thx for the Nagasu update, sk8ingcoach.

Can you tell us anything about Zawadzki's plans for the future? Will she continue to compete, and will she stick with Tom Z and BC?

Zakrajec is convinced hat Agnes will sick around because she doesn't know what to do with herself without skating life. He also said that Agnes is enjoying coming to training while Mirai has been with her.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Zakrajec is convinced hat Agnes will sick around because she doesn't know what to do with herself without skating life. He also said that Agnes is enjoying coming to training while Mirai has been with her.

Thx, sk8ingcoach. :bow: Pls continue to keep us posted on both ladies.

Nice to hear that training together has been and is a good experience for them. :cool:

desertskates

Medalist
Thx, sk8ingcoach. :bow: Pls continue to keep us posted on both ladies.

Nice to hear that training together has been and is a good experience for them. :cool:

It would be a fascinating ladies event at nationals next year if both girls lit a fire under each other and came out ready to shake up that podium!

:popcorn:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agnes is done

so is Flatt, Gao - full time Harvard plans now ?and Zhang
Nagasu - too inconsistent and age is not on her side