The Start of New Skaters in 2014 Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Start of New Skaters in 2014 Worlds

redfiretrees

Rinkside
Well Radionova has already competed in seniors in the GP/GPF. But she will be fully senior in 2014-2015.

Ladies:
Amber Glenn, USA : She will not be old enough for the GP until the 2015-2016 season. She will move up in the domestic level.
Karen Chen USA: She also is not old enough, She will be in 2015-2016. She will likely move up at the domestic level.
Maria Sotskova, RUS: Too young; won't qualify for GP until 2015-2016
Evgenia Medvedeva, RUS: Won't qualify for GP until 2015-2016
Alexandria Proklova, RUS: Won't qualify for GP until 2015-2016
Serfima Sakhanovich, RUS: Won't qualify for GP until 2015-2016

Basically, get ready for an ONSALUGHT OF NEW SENIOR SKATERS IN 2015-2016!!!!

Whooooa.. there will be a lot of new Senior Ladies to watch out for if all these skaters jumps/technique survive their bodies changes and growth spurt. It seems like it will be an exciting 2015 - 2016 season.

I also agree that based on what we've been seeing (depth of Russian field) it seems like in the next quad Russia will reign but I think the US Ladies will also have the chance to reach the podium and will try to dethrone them once in awhile.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
same, I want all veterans to retire after 2014 Worlds
and make room for the new blood

Sometimes I feel that way, but it's always hard to know whether that is a good thing or not. Obviously there needs to be new blood and movement, but it can sometimes be difficult to replace the veterans for a while since it can take the new skaters a while to reach that level. And some countries lose spots and entries to Worlds if their top skaters retire.

But perhaps there were more veterans and older skaters staying on for this cycle than there was last time. It also seems that a few of the skaters we thought would retire in 2014 might not do so and may stay until 2018, or at least for a couple more years.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
I thinks Chartrand is the best canadian for the future! so much better than Osmond and Daleman... her PB is higher in FS